Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 67 LSU 63

Featured Replies

The SEC is better than the ACC period.

 

Football season ended...didn't it? :confused:

 

:lol:

 

The SEC is the worst of the six major conferences. Top, bottom or in between...that's a big reason why UK has turned things around...they were 6-7 before SEC play started, 7-3 since, and they're very, very close to being 9-1...the conference is way down. Weak.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After UT the SEC has nothing. Thanks for playing...

 

Is UT even that great. IMO they are overrated! Just like last year they were supposed to be great and they folded. They almost lost today too. I don't think they scored in the last 5 minutes or so. I think the whole SEC is quite average.

Joe C was a man today. I've always said it and I still say it: Joe C will have a chance to play in the NBA. He does something that a lot of guys can't do: catch the ball on the move and immediately hit a shot without having to get his feet set. Add to the fact that he's strong and can take contact going to the rim and he will get a look. The odds are against him but someone will take a flier on him.

 

Joe now sits with 1263 career points. With his 21 pts today, he passes Scott Padgett and John Pelphrey for 29th all time. I liked his interview after the game when the analyst mentioned to him that it looked like he put the team on his shoulders.Joe immediately said it was all a team effort and never mentioned that "I did this or I did that to help the team win". I don't think he would have answered the question with those words a year ago.Billy also said in his post game interview that Joe now gets upset when his man scores a basket which is something he didn't do back in Dec.

Joe C was a man today. I've always said it and I still say it: Joe C will have a chance to play in the NBA. He does something that a lot of guys can't do: catch the ball on the move and immediately hit a shot without having to get his feet set. Add to the fact that he's strong and can take contact going to the rim and he will get a look. The odds are against him but someone will take a flier on him.

 

Agreed.

Again,not the debate but I'll play along. When AJ Stewart figures out what BCG wants him to do, he'll be in for PS. Apparently, he's not there yet so we're STUCK with PS.

 

 

 

 

If you don't think PS as had anything to do with UK winning six of their last seven, your sadly mistaken. He has been a very pleasent surprise.

This "W" over LSU was a good what I called "must" win for the Cats.

U.K. really stepped up on the defensive side in the 2nd half to pull out a road win. This team is a 7-3 in conference now and still in 2nd in the East I believe. There is no such animal as an "ugly" win, especially for this U.K. team and on the road in the SEC.

 

Joe Crawford was very good today and really stepped it up.

 

Our (U.K.'s) next three are at Rupp with Georgia, Arkansas and Ole Miss. Every game is a "must" win now. Next up.......UGA on Tuesday night in Rupp.

 

GO BIG BLUE!!!!:flame:

Big win today for the Cats,now during the past five games which four of them were on the road, the Cats came out winning three of them alone with their home win over Alabama. The next three games are all big starting with Georgia which took UT to the last few seconds before they went down by three, so the Cats will have their hands full with them.Need to take them one at a time and finish the year strong. Again congrats to the Cats for their big win today. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good win for the Cats. They're winning games they should be winning. Crawford played big. Meeks hit some threes. Hopefully he's not hurt.... AGAIN.

Meeks..

 

Comon guys... you saw Meeks flat-footed on defense and gasping for air just like I did.

 

He is a good player and will be huge when he gets in playing shape. Until that time, he will give a few minutes here and there.

Meeks..

 

Comon guys... you saw Meeks flat-footed on defense and gasping for air just like I did.

 

He is a good player and will be huge when he gets in playing shape. Until that time, he will give a few minutes here and there.

 

Meeks needs to take baby steps. We all know what happened when he rushed back early on. It set him back to where he is now.

Any win on the road in any conference at this time of year is a good win period.

 

:thumb: Anyone that says a road/conference win was an "ugly" win imo has not watched much college basketball or has not paid any attention to "in conference" games.

 

Personally I will take a so called "ugly" win over a "pretty" loss any day.

A Win is a Win.

Coach's decision of keeping Meeks on the bench in the 2nd half was a good one. The Cats needed to play defense, and that's what they did,good job Coach BCG. Let's give BCG some credit for this one.Meeks will play more down the road.

:thumb: Anyone that says a road/conference win was an "ugly" win imo has not watched much college basketball or has not paid any attention to "in conference" games.

 

Personally I will take a so called "ugly" win over a "pretty" loss any day.

A Win is a Win.

 

I agree. Winning on the road in the conference is no easy task.

Any PS defenders going to answer the above? Hello? Bigbluesanity where are you? Give me your analysis as to why a good shooter is left open. Tell me what you know that Division 1 basketball coaches haven't figured out yet about PS.

 

I think BCG has pounded Patrick Patterson into the players' heads so much that Stevenson is afraid to shoot. I'd like to see him take 3-5 of those shots each game. If he's not going to shoot and just look to PP all game (and make bad passes), then put Jared Carter in and let him just be big.

Football season ended...didn't it? :confused:

 

:lol:

 

The SEC is the worst of the six major conferences. Top, bottom or in between...that's a big reason why UK has turned things around...they were 6-7 before SEC play started, 7-3 since, and they're very, very close to being 9-1...the conference is way down. Weak.

 

I couldn't agree any more! Top to bottom, the ACC is much better than the SEC...The SEC is simply down this year; it happens...

 

Every win on out is a must...Win the next three, and then possibly, just possibly, sneak into Knoxville and catch the Vols off guard...Yes, easier said than done, but I believe the opportunity may just be there...A BIG road win against a top ranked team would certainly help out the Cats...

 

Meeks is going to take a few more games to get into "shape"...It would be nice to have him at 80% for the UT game...

 

PS CAN hit that "j"...He just didn't do it today...Keep shooting that shot young man, the majority will fall!

 

Nice win, just keep it up!

 

:ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.