Cruel recruiting joke that crosses the line of being criminal

The Scribe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a link?

The print version that I have starts off by stating, "It's unclear whether Kevin Hart was duped or staged a hoax himself." The article is by J. Michael Falgoust who doesn't elaborate on the possibility of a hoax after that but he is a contributor to the following article that appears on the on-line version right now.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2008-02-05-nevada-prospect_N.htm

It's all very suspicious.

-The suppposed "recruiter" who the family is supposed to have paid is named Kevin Riley--who is a redshirt freshmen QB at Cal.

-Something else that is unusual is the Deputy saying, "It's an ongoing investigation but we have no suspect at this point and no info to identify a suspect."

-Also, the line that he "claims to have recently made a recruiting trip to Oklahoma State" but OSU says that he is NOT someone they are recruiting.

-The kid is the ONLY one who talked to Tedford.

-AND, in the print version of USA-T, the father declined to comment when reached by a Reno newspaper.

Odd....

The print version that I have starts off by stating, "It's unclear whether Kevin Hart was duped or staged a hoax himself." The article is by J. Michael Falgoust who doesn't elaborate on the possibility of a hoax after that but he is a contributor to the following article that appears on the on-line version right now.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2008-02-05-nevada-prospect_N.htm

It's all very suspicious.

-The suppposed "recruiter" who the family is supposed to have paid is named Kevin Riley--who is a redshirt freshmen QB at Cal.

-Something else that is unusual is the Deputy saying, "It's an ongoing investigation but we have no suspect at this point and no info to identify a suspect."

-Also, the line that he "claims to have recently made a recruiting trip to Oklahoma State" but OSU says that he is NOT someone they are recruiting.

-The kid is the ONLY one who talked to Tedford.

-AND, in the print version of USA-T, the father declined to comment when reached by a Reno newspaper.

Odd....

Wow!

Where were his parents in this visit to OK State, I mean I know not every parent goes to every recruiting trip, but isn't it normal for some family member to go.... or at the very least at least take him to the airport and help him check his baggage before he flies to Oklahoma?

If in fact it is the kids doing, his motive could potentially be that he do this and someone feel sorry for him and he gets a nice scholarship offer. Something to think about...

If its the kid's doing, he's not smart enough to think that far ahead.