Cruel recruiting joke that crosses the line of being criminal

The Scribe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty stupid mistake by the kid, but I sure hope it can just die on the vine. I really don't see the need to prosecute this kid for filing a false police report. I'm going to guess he's learned his lesson pretty thoroughly. At 18 years of age, I guess all of us are entitled to one big brainfart.

I really would just be interested to go up and say "So, what was your next move?"

Seriously? What was he going to do next? If that never gets out and people like Tedford and the local news and the police never find out what exactly did he have in mind? Was he academically accepted to Cal? Thats one crazy dude...

And for whoever said 18 year olds do stupid things, yeah, they do, but not that stupid.... Kid is :jump:...

Here's the sad thing in my limited little mind. Had the kid actually been recruited and he got caught smoking pot, smacking his girlfriend around, theft, selling crack etc. there would be those that would be all about give him a second chance. BUT since this kid had the audacity to LIE about being recruited (and we all know that college recruiters are total bastions of honesty) many of the same people that would have excused criminal behavior will try to crucify the kid for this.