Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ouch......

Featured Replies

Its not necessarily a particular school's fans that are posting negative stuff online. Noone really knows who is posting what on the Internet. That's like logging into a chat room and getting a "hot, 19/f" which loosely translates into "fat, 44/m"...

 

 

Did you want me?:D

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you want me?:D

 

:laugh::thumb:

 

In all seriousness though, its really difficult to establish who is sending messages or making posts online. You just never know who is on the other keyboard.

People are judgemental and that's the bottom line. UK fans are probably worse than most. Clay Euton should have known what people would say if Dakota doesn't score 20 points a game. IMO they were wrong for commiting so early and BCG is crazy for offering a scolly to a sophmore.

Ouch, I hope Dakotah is not a mama's boy and can stand to take a little criticizm.

Yeah, b/c losing to the #7,8 team in the country will really destroy the season. :lol:

 

Come on man, you have to do better than that.

 

Besides this thread is about UK and that article.

 

If you're so interested in IU start a thread for it.

 

 

 

I have 0 interest in IU... Therefore you will not see any post about them, started by me. On the other hand, your infatuation with UK is a bit over the top. Kinda seems like your wanting to come out of the closet, and be a fan of the big blue.

 

And really, you actually think IU is good? They may be the most overrated team in the Country. Good for IU, that they got UK when they did.

I guess I am wrong but UK and Euton both can get out of this commitment since nothing was signed. I am from Ashland and I have seen Euton play several times and at this point right now he isnt UK material. This doesnt mean that he he wont be in 2 years but I personally dont see it..

Contrary to popular belief, "judgemental fans" are abundant throughout every major college program.

 

But UK is probably the worst. After all some fans put a for sale sign in Tubby's front lawn. That is just bad.

I guess I am wrong but UK and Euton both can get out of this commitment since nothing was signed.

 

That is correct...

I guess I am wrong but UK and Euton both can get out of this commitment since nothing was signed. I am from Ashland and I have seen Euton play several times and at this point right now he isnt UK material. This doesnt mean that he he wont be in 2 years but I personally dont see it..

 

You could be correct. He may not be UK material. but there have been many in the past that didn't really play until their Junior or Senior year of College. He does have three to five years to improve. He has a pretty good shot,and can play average D in the paint. He may need some strength, speed, and latteral movement, but these are things that can be improved on. I am not a big Rose Hill fan but I have to wish him well, wherever he goes to college.

The phrase "UK material" has expanded tremendously in the last few years as to who can fall under that category...

I enjoy getting on here and giving my opinion and try to have fun with it. But the article is true. A lot of people are just plain sad some of the stuff they say and more so on other message boards. I have watched Euton a couple of times this year. And there are some great positives about him, but also some negatives. When a kid is a sophomore you have to wait and see on him before really passing judgement. Mark Story was needing a negative story anyways to bring up considering the fact that Gillispie and Brooks are doing well and he can't really find anything negative to write on them right now.

But UK is probably the worst. After all some fans put a for sale sign in Tubby's front lawn. That is just bad.

 

Has this been proven? Anyone could have done this(if it did indeed happen) as anyone could post something on a message board claiming to be a fan of a school. This being said............people need to think before they post negative things about kids, and I'm sure that UK fans are among some of the worst of the offenders.

Internet message boards are fun to read and I like them. However, it gives to many people who really DO NOT know anything about anything the chance to add something to the ingredients so to speak. There are way to many so-called experts on these sites who are un-informed about many things, but yet leave their opinions about something they know nothing about. I have NO problem w/these types of sites, but let's leave kids alone!

I enjoy getting on here and giving my opinion and try to have fun with it. But the article is true. A lot of people are just plain sad some of the stuff they say and more so on other message boards. I have watched Euton a couple of times this year. And there are some great positives about him, but also some negatives. When a kid is a sophomore you have to wait and see on him before really passing judgement. Mark Story was needing a negative story anyways to bring up considering the fact that Gillispie and Brooks are doing well and he can't really find anything negative to write on them right now.
So even though the article is true, as you say it is, Story is a jerk for writing it. Gee, isn't that his job?

I believe that any good player signing with any good college will receive a lot of criticism. Heck, people get on here and will criticize Darius Miller because they say he had an "average" performance, or he was "going through the motions" but he still had 28 points, 11 rebounds, 8 steals...etc., which are outstanding numbers for an average athlete, BUT he is going to UK, so I guess people think he needs to average 40, 15, and 10 every game for him to be UK worthy... Nothing is ever good enough for some people, especially if the athlete is going to the school that they love or cheer for. Every game will be under a microscope for these players, and they need to know that, and need to understand not to listen to half of the things that they hear or see from people on message boards. The best advice is to stay off of them, because no matter how well you do, you will be criticized for something. People can always find something wrong with you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.