Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ouch......

Featured Replies

Ya know, having a top 10 recruiting class, leading the Big 10, and being ranked 1 spot outside the Top 10 in both polls realllllllllly sucks.

 

 

Get back to me after the MSU game.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Eutons didn't want such scrutiny, they didn't have to commit to UK when their son was a high school freshman, a full 2 1/2 years before he is eligible to sign a letter of intent.

  • Author
Get back to me after the MSU game.

Yeah, b/c losing to the #7,8 team in the country will really destroy the season. :lol:

 

Come on man, you have to do better than that.

 

Besides this thread is about UK and that article.

 

If you're so interested in IU start a thread for it.

So let me understand this, Know one sees a problem about trashing a in coming recruit. You are suspose to be fans of UK and trust your coach has recruited the right level of talent.

 

If this kid goes some where else in a couple of years and turns out to be a stud, then what will everyone say?

  • Author
So let me understand this, Know one sees a problem about trashing a in coming recruit. You are suspose to be fans of UK and trust your coach has recruited the right level of talent.

 

If this kid goes some where else in a couple of years and turns out to be a stud, then what will everyone say?

It was Tubby's fault.

So let me understand this, Know one sees a problem about trashing a in coming recruit. You are suspose to be fans of UK and trust your coach has recruited the right level of talent.

 

If this kid goes some where else in a couple of years and turns out to be a stud, then what will everyone say?

 

I don't think anyone said that.

 

They just said that with message boards becoming popular ANYONE can say ANYTHING about a recruit. Its nothing unique to UK.

 

The internet makes the fringe crazies seem more numerous than they really are.

The internet makes the fringe crazies seem more numerous than they really are.

OR, it gives them a means to say things (things they really truly believe) they wouldn't say in a public setting...

"People have freedom of speech," Robey said. "And you have to remember, it's a very small percentage of any schools' fans on these (message) boards. It's like most people say, the people on there don't have anything else to do with their lives."

 

I found this quote to be interesting. I just think he's underselling in the bolded part.

So let me understand this, Know one sees a problem about trashing a in coming recruit. You are suspose to be fans of UK and trust your coach has recruited the right level of talent.

 

If this kid goes some where else in a couple of years and turns out to be a stud, then what will everyone say?

 

Less than 3% of high school players play college sports - less than 1% of those play pro sports ! Puts Mr Euton in a pretty elite position IMO. I hope he is the next BIRD. :p

This is a problem at all schools, but the sheer number of UK fans who do this is why they stick out so much more. I would even say UofL is above the norm in this aspect as well. People who have always lived in KY don't realize how much bigger college sports are here than they are across the country.

OR, it gives them a means to say things (things they really truly believe) they wouldn't say in a public setting...

 

Like an IU fan/ UK basher trying to ruffle feathers in a primarily UK setting? I agree.

 

I read the article and while I definitely feel for the kid and his family, it's something you know is gonna happen. End result is still the same, Euton is coming to UK.

Like an IU fan/ UK basher trying to ruffle feathers in a primarily UK setting? I agree.

 

Since you're referring to 98, he has said what he thinks in a very public setting on more than one occasion...:thumb:

Since you're referring to 98, he has said what he thinks in a very public setting on more than one occasion...:thumb:

 

Since I haven't had the privilege to hang out with 98 as you apparently have, I can't comment on that. What I do know is that whenever there is a thread with any mention of UK in it (and we know there's plenty), you can rest assured that a select few UK bashers will have some sort of negative input with the intent of ruffling feathers. Look, I have no problem with people that don't like UK, I truly don't. But there is a point where "not liking" stops and instigating/nitpicking begins. For instance, I wish UofL would lose every sporting event in which they particpated. Yet, I don't open every Cards thread with the thought of trying to put some negative input in it.

Its not necessarily a particular school's fans that are posting negative stuff online. Noone really knows who is posting what on the Internet. That's like logging into a chat room and getting a "hot, 19/f" which loosely translates into "fat, 44/m"...

Since I haven't had the privilege to hang out with 98 as you apparently have, I can't comment on that. What I do know is that whenever there is a thread with any mention of UK in it (and we know there's plenty), you can rest assured that a select few UK bashers will have some sort of negative input with the intent of ruffling feathers. Look, I have no problem with people that don't like UK, I truly don't. But there is a point where "not liking" stops and instigating/nitpicking begins. For instance, I wish UofL would lose every sporting event in which they particpated. Yet, I don't open every Cards thread with the thought of trying to put some negative input in it.

 

There has been a fair share of instigating and nit picking, but often times someone has a legitimate point in one of these UK threads, and some of the UK fans take it to be bashing. I for one don't see the problem in this thread...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.