February 5, 200818 yr I believe that any good player signing with any good college will receive a lot of criticism. Heck, people get on here and will criticize Darius Miller because they say he had an "average" performance, or he was "going through the motions" but he still had 28 points, 11 rebounds, 8 steals...etc., which are outstanding numbers for an average athlete, BUT he is going to UK, so I guess people think he needs to average 40, 15, and 10 every game for him to be UK worthy... Nothing is ever good enough for some people, especially if the athlete is going to the school that they love or cheer for. Every game will be under a microscope for these players, and they need to know that, and need to understand not to listen to half of the things that they hear or see from people on message boards. The best advice is to stay off of them, because no matter how well you do, you will be criticized for something. People can always find something wrong with you. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
February 5, 200818 yr We can opine about Clay and Dakotah all we like. The truth is that I'd guess that none of us will be in their position. My son plays basketball, and I'd love for him to get his education paid for by playing it, if that were ever to become an option. He will most likely, however, not be doing it at that level. And if it means having your son scrutinized that way, I'm thankful he's not.
February 5, 200818 yr It happens, if you want to play for a major program there is always gonna be adversity. Not saying it's right or ok, but it's life. Just like his father stated, I just wouldn't go looking to hear what everyone else is saying.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.