When did you figure out you were old?

ladiesbballcoach

True story. In 2003 I took my whole family to see the Eagles. My then 6 year old daughter sang almost every song with them. People were amazed that my young daughter knew all those lyrics. I told them it was required to memorize Hotel California right after they knew Jesus Loves Me.
I agree with Beechwoodfan. You deseve Father of the Year honors! :thumb:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing basketball in law school with a teenager. Nine law students realized our wind had gone out of our sails somewhere in time. The kid just ran up and down the floor at a faster speed than the rest of us. It REALLY was a shocking moment that I will never forget. After the game, he (the kid) kept shooting to stay in rhythm while we tried to get our breath back and sat down. He never took a break and I thought of maybe taking a nap. Ten years earlier I was doing what he did. I had gotten old. I have gotten older since.

1. When the desk attendant at the Galt House asked me if I had an AARP discount card (I'm 49).

2. When I started taking Aciphex before a trip to a Mexican Restaurant and two Alieve before 18 holes of golf.

3. When I had to explain to my 35 YO girl friend what an 8-track tape was.

4. When my I overheard my 16 YO son PROUDLY tell his friends that 'Dad remembers when the first Black Sabbath album came out'...(They are all heavy metal fans!!).

Heck , everyone knows I am one of the oldest posters on BGP...I can relate to all the above posts. :D True story....when my son was graduating from kindergarten, I went to the little ceremony they had. He was trying to point me out to some of his classmates. Finally he yelled out....she is the one with the salt and pepper hair. That was 22 years ago. I am totally whited headed now.