Henry Clay 65 Ashland 55

I heard they were playing without Aaron Boyd again today (another recruiting visit?). And of course Moses still out with broken foot. So nice win considering they are still without their 2 best players. Unfortunately for HC, they are in a super tough district with Scott Co and Bryan Station. Only 2 can advance to the regional, so they have a tough road to make it again this year.

I also saw on sports spectrum that Paintsville beat Anderson pretty badly. I saw Anderson play earlier this year, and thought they were a pretty good team. CJ Penny looks to be a top senior in the state next year.

Yea, Boyd and Moses both out today. (Moses was on the bench in crutches)

Both teams started slow. Kind of a grind it out game. Pretty close throughout the first half. A lot of fouls. Henry Clay started to pull away in the 2nd half. Still only a 5-10 point game until about 4 minutes to go. Then HC got it up to double digits.

Didn't see any stats, but scoring was fairly balanced. Prince Stewart won MVP of the game. Nichols had a pretty good game also.

I heard they were playing without Aaron Boyd again today (another recruiting visit?). And of course Moses still out with broken foot. So nice win considering they are still without their 2 best players. Unfortunately for HC, they are in a super tough district with Scott Co and Bryan Station. Only 2 can advance to the regional, so they have a tough road to make it again this year.

I also saw on sports spectrum that Paintsville beat Anderson pretty badly. I saw Anderson play earlier this year, and thought they were a pretty good team. CJ Penny looks to be a top senior in the state next year.

Good try sneaking Penny in there. He'll have to learn to do more than shoot layups in the weak 8th region to be the top senior next year.

From what I know, I think Henry Clay has a lot of seniors this year. But I also know they have a very good freshman team this year. Probably be tough next year, starting 2-3 sophmores. And a couple of years before they get back strong. It would be nice if a team could have balance across all the classes. Most teams seem to ebb and flow every 3-4 years.