Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has it been made official???

Featured Replies

Not even close :rolleyes:
That is the number quoted to me by an extrememly reliable source.
  • Replies 85
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montgomery County has a beautiful facility and I wish them the best of luck in hosting the tournament. I will really miss it being at the Fieldhouse though. Hearing that roar from the fans as you round the corner towards the floor is such a great experience. I think the quarterfinal matchups will have a lot to do with attendance. The word is already out about needing to get there early or getting turned away so if the games aren't very appetizing then fans may not even attempt. This discussion will have to come up again once the districts draw and potential matchups are drawn up. And just for fun how about we move the region to Augusta. Capacity there is 500. Give each school some student tickets and have a lottery for the rest. How fun would that be??

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Montgomery County has a beautiful facility and I wish them the best of luck in hosting the tournament. I will really miss it being at the Fieldhouse though. Hearing that roar from the fans as you round the corner towards the floor is such a great experience. I think the quarterfinal matchups will have a lot to do with attendance. The word is already out about needing to get there early or getting turned away so if the games aren't very appetizing then fans may not even attempt. This discussion will have to come up again once the districts draw and potential matchups are drawn up. And just for fun how about we move the region to Augusta. Capacity there is 500. Give each school some student tickets and have a lottery for the rest. How fun would that be??

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

One things for sure if you were to move the tournament to Augusta you wouldn't have to worry about being hungry, remember they have the best concession stand going:thumb:

Oh you can believe i will get seats.:DAfter Cracker Barrel.

 

Unless your affiliated with the team, mhighfield there is never a guarantee. :p

I think the argument that the tournament should be at Mason County everyear because it holds more people than Montgomery is not a valid one. The super bowl isn't held at the largest venue every single year, nor is the NCAA football title game or basketball game, or the SEC basketball tournament, etc. The fair way to do it is to either rotate or play on a neutral court every year.

I think Montgomery will do a great job hosting the regional tournament at "the palace" or at least that's what it looks like. I think it would also be a good idea to find a neutral college gym to host it at....but come to think of it are there any in the Region?, the 11th region plays at EKU (which is still partially favorable to Madison County Schools).

How many does the Fieldhouse hold?

 

According to khsaa.org:

 

Mason County holds 5,400

Montgomery County holds 4,200

 

I'm sure both gyms could squeeze more people in but the fire marshall may have something to say about that.

If you really wanna see the games you will come early enough to get a seat.... case closed.

I think I am accurate is saying that a full-house at the Fieldhouse would equate to 2,300 being turned away at Montgomery County.

 

With that being said, I don't think as many "casual" fans will make the trip to Mount Sterling as they would to Maysville just to take in the regional tournament this year which might account for the differential in seating and permit everyone to get in. That will also effect the share money that the participating schools have grown accoustomed to receiving, unless the "guarantee money" that I heard Montgomery County was putting up, makes up the difference.

 

I attended the girls regional tournament last year as a broadcaster and while the facility is nice, it had its shortcomings. No press box or broadcast facility for one.

 

To me the Mason County Fieldhouse is and will always be the 10th Region Tournament. I don't want to hear about "home court advantage" etc.. It is the price we pay for getting to play in the most wonderful high school basketball venue in the state (O.K. arguably the most wonderful), and if it stays there forever, it is just fine with me.

 

I expect that the 37th District might throw their hat in the ring to host it at the new NKU facility down the road. While I live within walking distance of that venue, I will happily drive to Maysville to have it at the Fieldhouse.

 

Is that a strong enough statement???

 

I agree. Won't be making the trip to Mt. Sterling. Don't like making that trip when my OWN team is playing.

According to khsaa.org:

 

Mason County holds 5,400

Montgomery County holds 4,200

 

I'm sure both gyms could squeeze more people in but the fire marshall may have something to say about that.

 

What size butt is that? My butt size or one of those Twiggy size butts?:lol:

I think it comes down to the 10th being too spread out. They need to look restructuring this region (Maysville and Winchester are way too far apart to be in the same region.) You can get to Frankfort from Winchester before you can Maysville from Winchester.

Maysville to Winchester isn't so bad; when you live in Maysville you're used to being an hour from anywhere.

 

Falmouth, Covington and Alexandria, on the other hand...

Maysville to Winchester isn't so bad; when you live in Maysville you're used to being an hour from anywhere.

 

:laugh:

 

Good point, but I still think this region is way too spread out. GRC, Bourbon, and even Montgomery are close enough to Lex to be in the 11th (of course they wouldn't want to be, but it still makes sense)

Maysville to Winchester isn't so bad; when you live in Maysville you're used to being an hour from anywhere.

 

:laugh:

 

Good point, but I still think this region is way too spread out.

 

It is, but that's one of the prices to pay for living in a relatively rural area. Until this year, Mason County played football in a 5 or 6 team district that ran from Maysville to Paintsville.

 

How often do realignments occur? Does it make more sense for Scott County to be back in the 8th, Clark County in the 11th, Covington Scott back in the 9th, etc. than the way the 10th is aligned now? A topic for another thread, I guess.

That is the number quoted to me by an extrememly reliable source.

 

Then your "extremely reliable source" thinks the Fieldhouse can hold 6,500-7,000 people? I'd find another "extremely reliable source" if I were you.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.