Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has it been made official???

Featured Replies

It would have handled the crowd that was at the GRC/Mason final last year, as well as most of the finals crowds in recent years. It would not have handled the Pendleton/Montgomery crowd from a few years back, but then again, neither did the Fieldhouse.

 

Thats why it shouldn't be at Mont Co. :lol::fire:

  • Replies 85
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am accurate is saying that a full-house at the Fieldhouse would equate to 2,300 being turned away at Montgomery County.

 

With that being said, I don't think as many "casual" fans will make the trip to Mount Sterling as they would to Maysville just to take in the regional tournament this year which might account for the differential in seating and permit everyone to get in. That will also effect the share money that the participating schools have grown accoustomed to receiving, unless the "guarantee money" that I heard Montgomery County was putting up, makes up the difference.

 

I attended the girls regional tournament last year as a broadcaster and while the facility is nice, it had its shortcomings. No press box or broadcast facility for one.

 

To me the Mason County Fieldhouse is and will always be the 10th Region Tournament. I don't want to hear about "home court advantage" etc.. It is the price we pay for getting to play in the most wonderful high school basketball venue in the state (O.K. arguably the most wonderful), and if it stays there forever, it is just fine with me.

 

I expect that the 37th District might throw their hat in the ring to host it at the new NKU facility down the road. While I live within walking distance of that venue, I will happily drive to Maysville to have it at the Fieldhouse.

 

Is that a strong enough statement???

I try to make it to the finals every year but I won't fight the mess at Montgomery County.

I think I am accurate is saying that a full-house at the Fieldhouse would equate to 2,300 being turned away at Montgomery County.

 

With that being said, I don't think as many "casual" fans will make the trip to Mount Sterling as they would to Maysville just to take in the regional tournament this year which might account for the differential in seating and permit everyone to get in. That will also effect the share money that the participating schools have grown accoustomed to receiving, unless the "guarantee money" that I heard Montgomery County was putting up, makes up the difference.

 

I attended the girls regional tournament last year as a broadcaster and while the facility is nice, it had its shortcomings. No press box or broadcast facility for one.

 

To me the Mason County Fieldhouse is and will always be the 10th Region Tournament. I don't want to hear about "home court advantage" etc.. It is the price we pay for getting to play in the most wonderful high school basketball venue in the state (O.K. arguably the most wonderful), and if it stays there forever, it is just fine with me.

 

I expect that the 37th District might throw their hat in the ring to host it at the new NKU facility down the road. While I live within walking distance of that venue, I will happily drive to Maysville to have it at the Fieldhouse.

 

Is that a strong enough statement???

 

Well Said Mustang :jump::thumb::dancingpa

If this was next season could see how it would be a big deal because the teams will be more of on an equal playing field, but when Mason even brings its B game they are 20-25 points better than anyone in the 10th. Would think there would be plenty of seats for the semi and finals just for pure lack of interest. The final of the MCIT is the closest probably anyone in the 10th will come to the Royals.

Thats why it shouldn't be at Mont Co. :lol::fire:

 

Or is it the fact that your from Mason?

Or is it the fact that your from Mason?

 

That fact is Legend that it needs to be held at the biggest gym in the state. :irked:

That fact is Legend that it needs to be held at the biggest gym in the state. :irked:

 

So we are moving the tourney to Marshall Co that has all theater seating? I been there, one of the nicest gyms I have seen and their locker rooms are

state of the art.

 

I understand what you are saying, but just because a gym is the largest, don't mean it has to be held there every year. Other regions rotate the regional site, with some gyms holding more than others.

 

I do understand that there are some of us on here that will disagree on this subject.

I just think it's gonna be a mess over at Mont Co. It's a great place for Basketball at Mont Co and they have a great Arena but you need to hold it at the biggest Arena.

I just think it's gonna be a mess over at Mont Co. It's a great place for Basketball at Mont Co and they have a great Arena but you need to hold it at the biggest Arena.

 

Hey come early this year and I will buy that bucket of chicken.:thumb:

Hey come early this year and I will buy that bucket of chicken.:thumb:

 

:ylsuper:

 

 

I think next year the Region should be held at Mont Co. The region will be more even next year. If I decide to go up I'll give you a holler. :ylsuper:

:ylsuper:

 

 

I think next year the Region should be held at Mont Co. The region will be more even next year. If I decide to go up I'll give you a holler. :ylsuper:

 

This year was the 40th district time to host the region. Next year it will be another district turn. That district will vote on where to have the region.

That fact is Legend that it needs to be held at the biggest gym in the state. :irked:

 

The fact is the site is determined by the district teams. Obviously they feel this year the Tournament should be held at Montgomery. At least give it a chance, it's not fair the advantage Mason/ local teams recieve every year!

If you took a poll of 10th region basketball fans I would estimate that 80+% of fans would prefer that the tournament remain at the Fieldhouse. However, in today's world the majority seem to be overridden in situations such as these and in order to be fair to all (e.g. Indiana HS Basketball going to classes). Like it or not that is just the way it is.... For these same reasons we WILL see four classes of basketball in the next 5-10 years in Kentucky because of the small majority of small schools who will raise of fuss in the name of fairness just like Montgomery and Clark have in this situation.

 

The 10th region being held in Mt. Sterling will undoubtedly create some hardships for the NKY schools (minor issue) and also just "won't be the same" if not at the Fieldhouse for those who appreciate the mystic and history of this tournament..... I equate it to the feeling of having the State Tourney at Freedom Hall instead of Rupp --- it's just "not the same".

 

With that said, IMO, Montgomery should get a shot at it and if no major issues come up (financially, logistically, etc.) then they should get an opportunity to host at least 1x every 4 years. Let's just not get upset and shoot Montgomery down without giving them the opportunity to see what happens first.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.