Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has it been made official???

Featured Replies

The fact is the site is determined by the district teams. Obviously they feel this year the Tournament should be held at Montgomery. At least give it a chance, it's not fair the advantage Mason/ local teams recieve every year!

 

I for 1 don't mind going to Mt.Sterling just gives me a good reason to leave work early:D.The drive is great and i get cracker barrel;),I just hope everybody gets in is all.But your right they deserve a shot to see what happends and they have a beautiful facility to showoff.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you took a poll of 10th region basketball fans I would estimate that 80+% of fans would prefer that the tournament remain at the Fieldhouse. However, in today's world the majority seem to be overridden in situations such as these and in order to be fair to all (e.g. Indiana HS Basketball going to classes). Like it or not that is just the way it is.... For these same reasons we WILL see four classes of basketball in the next 5-10 years in Kentucky because of the small majority of small schools who will raise of fuss in the name of fairness just like Montgomery and Clark have in this situation.

 

The 10th region being held in Mt. Sterling will undoubtedly create some hardships for the NKY schools (minor issue) and also just "won't be the same" if not at the Fieldhouse for those who appreciate the mystic and history of this tournament..... I equate it to the feeling of having the State Tourney at Freedom Hall instead of Rupp --- it's just "not the same".

 

With that said, IMO, Montgomery should get a shot at it and if no major issues come up (financially, logistically, etc.) then they should get an opportunity to host at least 1x every 4 years. Let's just not get upset and shoot Montgomery down without giving them the opportunity to see what happens first.

 

:thumb:

I think I am accurate is saying that a full-house at the Fieldhouse would equate to 2,300 being turned away at Montgomery County.

 

With that being said, I don't think as many "casual" fans will make the trip to Mount Sterling as they would to Maysville just to take in the regional tournament this year which might account for the differential in seating and permit everyone to get in. That will also effect the share money that the participating schools have grown accoustomed to receiving, unless the "guarantee money" that I heard Montgomery County was putting up, makes up the difference.

 

I attended the girls regional tournament last year as a broadcaster and while the facility is nice, it had its shortcomings. No press box or broadcast facility for one.

 

To me the Mason County Fieldhouse is and will always be the 10th Region Tournament. I don't want to hear about "home court advantage" etc.. It is the price we pay for getting to play in the most wonderful high school basketball venue in the state (O.K. arguably the most wonderful), and if it stays there forever, it is just fine with me.

 

I expect that the 37th District might throw their hat in the ring to host it at the new NKU facility down the road. While I live within walking distance of that venue, I will happily drive to Maysville to have it at the Fieldhouse.

 

Is that a strong enough statement???

 

Well said Mustang well said! :thumb:

The 10th Region Tournament is unlike any other region tournament. Just because other regions rotate we have to? Those regions don't have the facilities like the fieldhouse. Like I said in an earlier post let Montgomery Co host it. Although it pains me to see it leave the Fieldhouse. But, I think it will be a mess and everyone will be happy to see it return to it rightful spot in 2009.

I just think it's gonna be a mess over at Mont Co. It's a great place for Basketball at Mont Co and they have a great Arena but you need to hold it at the biggest Arena.

 

So are you saying it should be at and you are going to drive North every year

to the new Bank of Kentucky Arena? It will be the biggest arena. Or should it be rotated every year. If not it may come down to Maysville every 4th year with the district's voting.

The 37th and 38th may just vote to have it at the new facility up north.

People were turned away at Maysville in 2005 at the finals so what would be the difference at Montgomery. If you want to see the games get there early.

Why would the 38th vote to have it at NKU? I could see Pendleton Co. voting for it there because of the short distance for them. Do you honestly think Harrison Co., Nicholas Co, and Deming would go for that? That's over an hour for each school.

I think it safe to say that the 38th will vote for Mason Co.

 

I could see the following rotation when it comes time for each district to vote.

37th NKU

38th Mason Co.

39th Mason Co.

40th Montgomery Co.

People were turned away at Maysville in 2005 at the finals so what would be the difference at Montgomery. If you want to see the games get there early.

 

That is the point I have been trying to make too.:thumb:

Just guessing. But don't you guys think the 9th Region will most likely have the region at NKU every year? This would cause some scheduling problems. Please don't suggest the 9th and 10th play their tournaments together.

Just guessing. But don't you guys think the 9th Region will most likely have the region at NKU every year? This would cause some scheduling problems. Please don't suggest the 9th and 10th play their tournaments together.

 

 

If we were going to put two together , the 10th and 16th at Morehead State would be some great basketball.

Why would the 38th vote to have it at NKU? I could see Pendleton Co. voting for it there because of the short distance for them. Do you honestly think Harrison Co., Nicholas Co, and Deming would go for that? That's over an hour for each school.

I think it safe to say that the 38th will vote for Mason Co.

 

I could see the following rotation when it comes time for each district to vote.

37th NKU

38th Mason Co.

39th Mason Co.

40th Montgomery Co.

 

I could see the 38th district at least trying it.

Especially Pendleton and Harrison Counties.

Why does it have to be in Maysville all the time?

At least everyone will be able to get in and it just may very well produce more revenue.

It wouldn't produce more revenue. You would have to pay NKU no telling how much. This would take away from the money for the participating schools. I agree it would get everyone in because I don't think the people would travel to NKU as they do Maysville. I still think Pendleton would go for it but not Harrison.

If we were going to put two together , the 10th and 16th at Morehead State would be some great basketball.

 

IMO I don't think regional tournaments should be hosted together. I know the 6th and 7th do it. SOme I've talked to like it and other don't.

It wouldn't produce more revenue. You would have to pay NKU no telling how much. This would take away from the money for the participating schools. I agree it would get everyone in because I don't think the people would travel to NKU as they do Maysville. I still think Pendleton would go for it but not Harrison.

 

All I can say right now is we will see;)

IMO I don't think regional tournaments should be hosted together. I know the 6th and 7th do it. SOme I've talked to like it and other don't.

 

I agree, but that is my two favorite regions. That way I could see both regions.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.