Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has it been made official???

Featured Replies

As far as 38th district schools are concerned they should worry less about where the region is and Pendleton, Deming, and Nicholas should work together to setup a rotation for the 38th district tournament. From what I understand Harrison has had it the last two year and will have it this year and in 09 and 10.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as 38th district schools are concerned they should worry less about where the region is and Pendleton, Deming, and Nicholas should work together to setup a rotation for the 38th district tournament. From what I understand Harrison has had it the last two year and will have it this year and in 09 and 10.

 

This Billy Clyde we can agree on. I am with you on this one:thumb:

But it is at the biggest arena :D.

This Billy Clyde we can agree on. I am with you on this one:thumb:

But it is at the biggest arena :D.

 

:thumb:

 

Don't you like how people say it's and unfair advantage for Mason Co. So who cares if its the biggest in the region. But when it comes time to host the district. It has to be at Harrison because it's the biggest in the district. Is it me or do some people want their cake and eat it too? What do you think HoopDR?

:thumb:

 

Don't you like how people say it's and unfair advantage for Mason Co. So who cares if its the biggest in the region. But when it comes time to host the district. It has to be at Harrison because it's the biggest in the district. Is it me or do some people want their cake and eat it too? What do you think HoopDR?

 

I think just like the regional the district should also be rotated every year.

When it comes Late February or early March (the greatest time of the year)

I will be there no matter where it is.

I think just like the regional the district should also be rotated every year.

When it comes Late February or early March (the greatest time of the year)

I will be there no matter where it is.

 

I'm there with you. Save me a seat! Like you said earlier just get there early.

If worried about enough seating... get there early!:thumb:

I always heard it used to be 6000+. Now with the new bleachers in the lower arena they say it's 5500+. I'm sure some of the Mason Co. faithful on here would know more than me.

The 10th region being held in Mt. Sterling will undoubtedly create some hardships for the NKY schools (minor issue) and also just "won't be the same" if not at the Fieldhouse for those who appreciate the mystic and history of this tournament..... I equate it to the feeling of having the State Tourney at Freedom Hall instead of Rupp --- it's just "not the same".

For some of us old timers Freedom Hall was the State Tournament from many, many years before it went to Rupp.

 

I would equate it more like having it at Lexington Catholic.

What happens to the 10th if a couple more teams move out due to restructing issues. Who is to say that Montgomery County does not jump to the 16th and Clark County moves to the 11th for travel issues. If Fleming can move out of the 10th, then anything is possible. Even though it may not seem fair, Mason County should host the region for numerous reasons. It is centrally located for all the schools, best facility hands down, plenty of parking, quality restaraunts, and it is just minutes from the house. Years ago, Clark County tried to host the 10th, and well the rest is history. If Montgomery gets their chance this year, their will be alot people left outside looking in, or at Cracker Barrel with mhighfield trying to get updates on their laptop.

I think I am accurate is saying that a full-house at the Fieldhouse would equate to 2,300 being turned away at Montgomery County.

 

With that being said, I don't think as many "casual" fans will make the trip to Mount Sterling as they would to Maysville just to take in the regional tournament this year which might account for the differential in seating and permit everyone to get in. That will also effect the share money that the participating schools have grown accoustomed to receiving, unless the "guarantee money" that I heard Montgomery County was putting up, makes up the difference.

 

I attended the girls regional tournament last year as a broadcaster and while the facility is nice, it had its shortcomings. No press box or broadcast facility for one.

 

To me the Mason County Fieldhouse is and will always be the 10th Region Tournament. I don't want to hear about "home court advantage" etc.. It is the price we pay for getting to play in the most wonderful high school basketball venue in the state (O.K. arguably the most wonderful), and if it stays there forever, it is just fine with me.

 

I expect that the 37th District might throw their hat in the ring to host it at the new NKU facility down the road. While I live within walking distance of that venue, I will happily drive to Maysville to have it at the Fieldhouse.

 

Is that a strong enough statement???

 

Not even close :rolleyes:

Not even close :rolleyes:

 

That seems to be a pretty fair assessment on the difference of seating capacity. 2300 times the price of admission ($5) = 11,500 for the finals. I need to buy up all the tickets and make out like a fat cat.

What happens to the 10th if a couple more teams move out due to restructing issues. Who is to say that Montgomery County does not jump to the 16th and Clark County moves to the 11th for travel issues. If Fleming can move out of the 10th, then anything is possible. Even though it may not seem fair, Mason County should host the region for numerous reasons. It is centrally located for all the schools, best facility hands down, plenty of parking, quality restaraunts, and it is just minutes from the house. Years ago, Clark County tried to host the 10th, and well the rest is history. If Montgomery gets their chance this year, their will be alot people left outside looking in, or at Cracker Barrel with mhighfield trying to get updates on their laptop.

 

Oh you can believe i will get seats.:DAfter Cracker Barrel.

How about this twist..........

 

Move the state tourney out of Rupp to MSU or NKU or WKU?

 

Seems a little generic.

About as generic as moving the 10th out of Maysville. Same scenario at all 3 venues, not enough seating to accommodate the crowds. In all fairness to teams involved, put every team in the region in a hat and have a blind draw. See ya at the Clover Dome and you definitely better be there early. One must remember, the almighty dollar always comes out on top. I wish it was March already.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.