Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UL 89 UK 75

Featured Replies

On the Lofton debate, I made this note on here, but don't remember any comments on here about it. During the XU/UT pre-game they asked Sean Miller, X's coach, about Lofton living 60 miles from X and X missing out on him.

 

Sean said to count him in as one of the coaches that missed him. He NEVER thought Lofton would turn out to be the player he turned out to be.

 

Remember UT didn't even recruit him hard but as an afterthought.

 

It seems the UK coach was not the only one that Lofton fooled.

  • Replies 112
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. I thought there was something new.

 

Billy Reed is simply repeating stories everyone else has heard. True? Maybe. However, I would think that a member of the press would either cite sources by name or keep quiet about rumors.

Chatted with a member of the press about this same these alleged issues.

He said he had a conversation with an TV news personality about it in Lexington. The guy said it was bogus, because if he had anything factual he would report it.

These alleged rumors and swarping (drinking and chasing women, for those without urban dictionary.com)...have a taken a life of its own. Has some of it occurred...possibly so, but no where near to the extent of what people want to believe.

The halftime score tells me this was a game we could have won. In the second half we got out-coached and out-played and out-worked.

Chatted with a member of the press about this same these alleged issues.

He said he had a conversation with an TV news personality about it in Lexington. The guy said it was bogus, because if he had anything factual he would report it.

These alleged rumors and swarping (drinking and chasing women, for those without urban dictionary.com)...have a taken a life of its own. Has some of it occurred...possibly so, but no where near to the extent of what people want to believe.

People with mountain roots will not need an urban dictionary to know what drinking and swarping entails.:D

 

The reports that the snag in the Gillespie contract negotiations has been the "with cause" definition and his DUI record also lends credence to the rumors.

  • Author

UL scored 59 points in the 2nd half vs UK Saturday.

UL scored 57 points in their entire game vs UC Tuesday.

I was happy to see Juan "Tello" Palacios get into the groove of things but wasn't to excited to hear Earl Clark would not play today. Hope the Cards can get another win this week againist Huggins and Co.

 

That was the best I have seen Palacios play in quite some time. Great win for the Cards. The atmosphere at Lexington was all blue, but despite that, the Cards pulled off a great road win. I hope the CATS the best of luck and hope the fans give Gilespe a chance to improve the program. Coaching is hard and it takes time to come in an rebuild a program. As far as the players, it's hard to play for different coaches, getting used to their different philosopies.

 

Great game. GO CARDS!!!!:dancingpa

Loften is not the only good player that has gotten away. Dan Langey?. Marshall Co, Damien Fishback Greenwood, Justin Doleman Ryle, Ross Neltner Highlands, Scott Hunley Scott Co, David Graves, Lexington Catholic, Greg Buckner UHA, Darin Holloway UHA, Isiah Victor UHA, Lemont Barns UHA. Ron King Louisville Central, Dave Cowan, Not sure of high school..but was in Northen KY. Jimmy Hollon Hazel Green Acd. Joe Dan Gold, not sure of his high school, Paul Smith Owsley Co, Rudy Macklin A louisville high school

 

This is no knock on Loften but as you can see there are lots of kids that did not get landed by the two big instate schools, Louisville or UK. At least Preston is now playing at Louisville.

 

Vandy

Langey?

Ross Neltner

Scott Hunley

 

Tennessee

Loften

Victor

 

Stanford

Holloway

 

Auburn

Fishback

 

Clemson

Buckner

 

Xavier

Dolman

 

Notre Dame

Graves

 

Temple

Barns

 

Florida State

Ron King

Dave Cowen...then Boston Celtics for over 10 years.

 

Alabama

Jimmy Hollon

 

Mississippi State

Joe Dan Gold

Paul Smith..He held the FT record till Kyle Macy broke it.

 

LSU

Rudy Macklin

 

How could you leave out the infamous Rick Jones (Scott County) Vanderbilt, and A.W. Hamilton (Scott County) Wake Forest

How could you leave out the infamous Rick Jones (Scott County) Vanderbilt, and A.W. Hamilton (Scott County) Wake Forest

At my age I am just glad I remember the ones I did....:D

I was kind of saying that in a joking manner, it may be a good thing that Tubby never offered Jones.....Tubby never offered but he definately courted Jones and kept him from going to Louisville.

 

On a different note, I am completely not impressed with Billy G's offense, I am sure it has already been mentioned but there is no movement, players or not the offense is boring!

At my age I am just glad I remember the ones I did....:D

 

:lol::lol: I can certainly identify with that statement. That is why I try and stay away from putting "list" of anything up. I am too lazy to look most of them up and I do good to remember what I had for supper the day before.

IMO is that "IF" Pitino can get everyone back healthy and keep them healthy and put an end to some of the "bad attitude" junk they ave had to deal with then this U.L. team will not just be in the NCAA but is capable of making a deep run it the tourney.

I agree, when things get lined out, they will be a very dangerous tourney team.

Its called a transition period. This is how it works sometimes when you change coaches and the already bare cupboard suffers key injuries.

 

Keep telling yourself that.

IMO is that "IF" Pitino can get everyone back healthy and keep them healthy and put an end to some of the "bad attitude" junk they ave had to deal with then this U.L. team will not just be in the NCAA but is capable of making a deep run it the tourney.

 

I agree with you, Old Rambler...and in the last two games, Palacios and Padgett have been looking pretty good. If he could only get Sosa and Character lined out to play.

It could go either way for the Cards right now, but you have to think that this game is a huge step forward. Not because UK is playing well, cause they aren't, but a win over a rival and break out games for players returning from injuries can help our confidence and that is something the Cards need more than a true point guard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.