Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UL 89 UK 75

Featured Replies

Morris made a big difference for this team last year. I know Patterson is good and going to be great but he is not as dominant as Morris was last year. Also I hate to say this but it is true, Bobby Perry and Sheray Thomas is a lot better than Coury, Harris, and Stevenson. That is the biggest difference in my opionon. Plus everyone practiced and played together the whole year. No major injuries like this year.

 

I could be wrong, but I dont think Morris did much at all against UL last year and was in foul trouble most of the game if I remember correctly. But I am glad to hear you say that part about Perry and then. Because as much as everyone couldn't wait for those guys to be gone, if those guys were still on the team this year, it definitely would help out...

  • Replies 112
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew that this would surface and another poster said it as well and just wondered how long it would take.

Well, it took 22 post and approx. 50min :rolleyes:. :lol:.

:sleep:

 

I believe he was actually talking about Billy G here and not Tubby. But I did think the same thing as you when I first read it...

I know I give some slack to Billy G when it comes to our offense because of the injuries we have had this year. However there is no reason for our defense to be as bad as it has this year. I mean we been letting teams do what ever they want against us offensively this year. I mean freaking Gardner Webb put up over 80 points against us in their double digit win. Teams all year have been able to drive to the basket anytime they want to, and we ALWAYS give up wide open threes. I know I didn't see to many of Texas A&M games last year, but two of the games I watched last year in the tournament against UL and Memphis. Those teams also just drove to the lane anytime they wanted to agianst Billy G's defense. I know Sosa went off that game, and they couldn't stop him at all from doing that. Then it was the same for the whole Memphis team? I have heard that Billy G is suppose to be a great defensive coach, but two of the games I seen last year, and then all the games I seen this year, I have not seen that great defense. Its been the same stuff every single game and that is what really has me worried...

I can certainly agree on the defense, imo a big part of defense is just old fashion hustle and desire and that imo is what this team is lacking. For what reason I don't know. As for the more technical part of it.....there is no communication, no "help" defense, rotating over at all. How many times did we get beat off the dribble or on a cut an NO ONE rotated over or was even in position to do so:irked:. You are 100% correct, this team couldn't defend an intramural team :irked:. Welll that me be a bit much but you now what I mean :D:thumb:.

I probably should wait a while to post (and settle down after a loss), I am still "ticked" off - I hate to lose.

I believe he was actually talking about Billy G here and not Tubby. But I did think the same thing as you when I first read it...

 

If so then I apologize, but I know what it sounded like..........the bashers starting again. :lol:

If I was mistaken then I am sorry there Ace :thumb:. Like I said earlier, I need to wait longer after a looss and settle down, cool off before engaginging my "fingers" in this case. :D

Laugh all you want but Gillespie is being paid a lot of money and he is not putting a quality product on the court. I may be in the minority, but no amount of good recruiting will cause me enjoy watching a poorly coached team - and so far this has been a poorly coached UK team.

 

Remember what happened the last time that UK hired a coach with a drinking issue. At least Eddie Sutton's teams appeared to be well schooled in basketball fundamentals. Gillespie is a time bomb - tick...tick...tick....

 

:thumb: I now understand what you were talking about. I may or may not agree but I thought that you were referring to another;). See my post #34 on this. :thumb:

I don't feel the urge to look it up... Has this UK team won 2 games in a row at any point this season?

I don't feel the urge to look it up... Has this UK team won 2 games in a row at any point this season?

 

Yeah. Liberty - Texas Southern - Stonybrook was three in a row.

Poor Cats, they were painful to watch last year, and so far..........It ain't getting any better.

:thumb: I now understand what you were talking about. I may or may not agree but I thought that you were referring to another;). See my post #34 on this. :thumb:
I don't have a history of bashing UK's basketball coaches but I am making an exception in Gillespie's case. SEC play has not even begun yet and rumors of his "swarping" have already surfaced in one the state's major newspapers. I am sincerely worried that the current UK coach will embarrass the university and run afoul of NCAA rules.

 

From the looks of the dark circles under his eyes, Billy Clyde needs to get a little more sleep during the season and focus on doing the job that he is being paid to do. Potential recruits and UK players will hear the same sort of rumors as we do and those rumors will take a toll on the program. IMO, the poor play of the current team is a reflection of the coach's lack of commitment to his job.

 

If Gillespie expected a long honeymoon, he will be disappointed. Losing winnable games at home by large margins is not acceptable and it is not Tubby's fault.

I am a cats fan and bleed blue, but was also glad to see Preston Knowles play well today. Did anyone see that rebound he got...he was up there.

I think that we have to give BCG credit. He runs a different system then Tubby but without BCG we wouldnt have PP- then what we the season be like.

 

Its a marathon not a sprint....

I don't have a history of bashing UK's basketball coaches but I am making an exception in Gillespie's case. SEC play has not even begun yet and rumors of his "swarping" have already surfaced in one the state's major newspapers. I am sincerely worried that the current UK coach will embarrass the university and run afoul of NCAA rules.

 

From the looks of the dark circles under his eyes, Billy Clyde needs to get a little more sleep during the season and focus on doing the job that he is being paid to do. Potential recruits and UK players will hear the same sort of rumors as we do and those rumors will take a toll on the program. IMO, the poor play of the current team is a reflection of the coach's lack of commitment to his job.

If Gillespie expected a long honeymoon, he will be disappointed. Losing winnable games at home by large margins is not acceptable and it is not Tubby's fault.

 

I have made alot of dumb comments on this site but this has to be the dumbest I have ever seen on here. " Lack of Commitment" shouldnt even be said in the same sentance as BCG.

I think that we have to give BCG credit. He runs a different system then Tubby but without BCG we wouldnt have PP- then what we the season be like.

 

Its a marathon not a sprint....

 

 

I agree about the sprint and the fact he has a different style.

 

But we will never know if Patterson would have attended UK if Tubby would have stayed.

 

As for today, I think the better team won. I am finally glad to see Tello is playing well. Now if Rick can get Padget into shape the Cards will be tough come March.

I have made alot of dumb comments on this site but this has to be the dumbest I have ever seen on here. " Lack of Commitment" shouldnt even be said in the same sentance as BCG.
As they say, the proof is in the pudding. Translation: look at the results.

 

Rick Pitino's first team was not very good but few would argue that he did not get the most out of the talent that he had. Billy Clyde Gillespie is not getting the most out of the talent that he has.

 

I look forward to seeing some tangible evidence of Billy Clyde's commitment to excellence. So far, the results don't square with my image of a talented coach doing the best job possible. Maybe the bar that Pitino set during the dark days following Eddie Sutton debacle is too high for Gillespie to reach.

 

Pitino's 14-14 record in his first year is starting to look pretty good. That 1989 team steadily improved and beat many teams that it shouldn't have beaten. This team seems stuck in neutral.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.