January 6, 200818 yr I've thought about it and here is how I'd classify some of UK's players: Way out of their league - Porter - Coury - Stevenson - Harris Nice high-major role players - Crawford - Bradley High-major talent - Patterson Too young to contribute at this point - Stewart The jury is still out because of injuries, etc. - Meeks - Jasper Anyone I have forgotten isn't important enough to remember. I really wish Billy G would start playing Stewart more. I know he probably will make some mistakes. However he can't do worse, than what Coury does, which is absolutely nothing.
January 6, 200818 yr Part of Pitino's defensive philosophy/preparation is meant to take away the opponets best player. With Jasper and Meeks still not 100% our most consitent player was Patterson. He was working on good numbers: 6 points, 7 rebounds, 14 mistakes, 5 fouls, and 3-14 from the field (oh yeah, and two 3-point attempts?:confused:).
January 6, 200818 yr Even as horrible as this team is, I still will make sure I watch them every game, and even when go to every single home game from here on out for some reason :(
January 6, 200818 yr I really wish Billy G would start playing Stewart more. I know he probably will make some mistakes. However he can't do anymore than what Coury does which is absolutely nothing. At this point, I say start developing people that actually have talent instead of trying to make vases out of potting soil.
January 6, 200818 yr Wow what a difference a year makes. A team which talent wise is as good as last years 2nd round tounament team, is somehow so much worse this year. There is no excuse for UK to have gotten down by 20 at home in the second half... I know heard after like the first game of the year this year that we wouldn't have 10 losses anymore like we did with 10 loss Tubby as you all called him. But we definitely will have 10 losses this year, the true question is now is if we get to 10 wins this year. This team is just flat out bad... :thumb: I agree, only I will give some leadway due to a new coach, philosophy/system being put in place.:thumb: I just wonder if instead of calling out "10 loss Tubby" if there will be "10 win Billy" :sssh: chants instead.
January 6, 200818 yr I was very disappointed. UK is very inconsistant. They played well in the 1st half but terrible in the 2nd. There really inst no offense.
January 6, 200818 yr Wow what a difference a year makes. A team which talent wise is as good as last years 2nd round tounament team, is somehow so much worse this year. There is no excuse for UK to have gotten down by 20 at home in the second half... I know heard after like the first game of the year this year that we wouldn't have 10 losses anymore like we did with 10 loss Tubby as you all called him. But we definitely will have 10 losses this year, the true question is now is if we get to 10 wins this year. This team is just flat out bad... :thumb: There is one major difference between this year's team and last year's team and he deserves a heap of blame for this team being UK's worst in many years. I am sure that given a boatload of NBA talent, Billy Clyde could do better but the mark of a good coach is beating teams with equal or better talent on a consistent basis. This UK team is painful to watch.
January 6, 200818 yr :thumb: I agree, only I will give some leadway due to a new coach, philosophy/system being put in place.:thumb: I just wonder if instead of calling out "10 loss Tubby" if there will be "10 win Billy" :sssh: chants instead. I know I give some slack to Billy G when it comes to our offense because of the injuries we have had this year. However there is no reason for our defense to be as bad as it has this year. I mean we been letting teams do what ever they want against us offensively this year. I mean freaking Gardner Webb put up over 80 points against us in their double digit win. Teams all year have been able to drive to the basket anytime they want to, and we ALWAYS give up wide open threes. I know I didn't see to many of Texas A&M games last year, but two of the games I watched last year in the tournament against UL and Memphis. Those teams also just drove to the lane anytime they wanted to agianst Billy G's defense. I know Sosa went off that game, and they couldn't stop him at all from doing that. Then it was the same for the whole Memphis team? I have heard that Billy G is suppose to be a great defensive coach, but two of the games I seen last year, and then all the games I seen this year, I have not seen that great defense. Its been the same stuff every single game and that is what really has me worried...
January 6, 200818 yr :thumb: There is one major difference between this year's team and last year's team and he deserves a heap of blame for this team being UK's worst in many years. I am sure that given a boatload of NBA talent, Billy Clyde could do better but the mark of a good coach is beating teams with equal or better talent on a consistent basis. This UK team is painful to watch. I knew that this would surface and another poster said it as well and just wondered how long it would take. Well, it took 22 post and approx. 50min . :lol:. :sleep:
January 6, 200818 yr UofL was just flat better inside (basically two players to UK's one) and UK wasn't hitting the outside shots. Just another knock in what is going to be (already is) a rough year for the Cats. I'm confident that BCG will get it turned around though. If not at some point this season, then next.
January 6, 200818 yr UK got outplayed in the opening minutes of the second half and as has became an all too familiar phrase this year - dug themselves too large a whole. There were some flashes of hopefully good things to come. I thought Crawford played well - and Bradley did not have a horrible game. Patterson had a poor game but there is no point in jumping on him for that. One bad game out of 13 career games is not bad, especially given the amount of talent U of L had on the inside vs. UK's one good inside man. The hopes were really high going into this game and I think it will cloud a lot of people's opinions on the outcome. Despite the final score being a little lopsided in U of L's favor - UK never quit. Patterson had a bad game and Meeks and Jasper showed that they were not quite 100% and UK still would not go away late. I still think this team could surprise a few people. They will have to climb a mountain over the next few weeks though as unfortunately the hardest part of conference play is early on.
January 6, 200818 yr Wow what a difference a year makes. A team which talent wise is as good as last years 2nd round tounament team, is somehow so much worse this year. There is no excuse for UK to have gotten down by 20 at home in the second half... I know heard after like the first game of the year this year that we wouldn't have 10 losses anymore like we did with 10 loss Tubby as you all called him. But we definitely will have 10 losses this year, the true question is now is if we get to 10 wins this year. This team is just flat out bad... Morris made a big difference for this team last year. I know Patterson is good and going to be great but he is not as dominant as Morris was last year. Also I hate to say this but it is true, Bobby Perry and Sheray Thomas is a lot better than Coury, Harris, and Stevenson. That is the biggest difference in my opionon. Plus everyone practiced and played together the whole year. No major injuries like this year.
January 6, 200818 yr UofL was just flat better inside (basically two players to UK's one) and UK wasn't hitting the outside shots. Just another knock in what is going to be (already is) a rough year for the Cats. I'm confident that BCG will get it turned around though. If not at some point this season, then next. I got to ask, what looks so great about next season? I mean we still have no big guys coming in next year. We have a true pg which will help a little. Then we also got Darius Miller. Two good freshman, but not studs that will definitely turn this team around. I mean I dont look for two freshman next year to make a huge difference to this team. This year and next year don't look so bright for our cats...
January 6, 200818 yr The Cards seem to be able to over come their bad first half and them bam they wake up and make this one look easy.
January 6, 200818 yr I knew that this would surface and another poster said it as well and just wondered how long it would take. Well, it took 22 post and approx. 50min . :lol:. :sleep: Laugh all you want but Gillespie is being paid a lot of money and he is not putting a quality product on the court. I may be in the minority, but no amount of good recruiting will cause me enjoy watching a poorly coached team - and so far this has been a poorly coached UK team. Remember what happened the last time that UK hired a coach with a drinking issue. At least Eddie Sutton's teams appeared to be well schooled in basketball fundamentals. Gillespie is a time bomb - tick...tick...tick....
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.