Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What positives have come from the Gillispie era so far?

Featured Replies

He's probably helped the real estate market in Nicholasville too.

 

Other positives: 1. Girls at the Blue Moon have a legit chance to hook up with a millionaire. 2. In March I'll have more free time to get spring cleaning done. 3. Darius Miller has already signed.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::sssh:

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no positives!

The only positive is they didn't sign a contract so they won't have to pay this joker anything when they run his butt off after this miserable year is over.

  • Author
According to the link below, UK is now #220 in the RPI. Just below Elon and just above Gardner-Webb. Surely that can't be right.:creepy:

 

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

 

Lowest RPI in the SEC. Kentucky is going to have a losing record this year, I can feel it. I wish Gillispie would explain himself better in interviews. This RPI ranking is definatelt NOT a positive. :scared:

According to the link below, UK is now #220 in the RPI. Just below Elon and just above Gardner-Webb. Surely that can't be right.:creepy:

 

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

 

I wonder how they are above Gardner Webb?

I think after about RPI 128 or something they just start playing a mad jumble of teams to somehow place them all. I'd tell you im speaking from experience but I've never cheered for a team that got ranked that low.:irked:

And he may not have gotten PP. It's all speculation.

 

What is not speculation - is what he left us with talent wise.

 

 

 

P

 

So then, do you think that the talent left at U.K. was not good enough to beat Gardner Webb, Houston, UAB and now San Diego??

I think that Jasper, Meeks, Crawford and Bradley were ranked pretty high when recruited. I certainly think that the team left behind was good enough to have a few more wins than they do right now. Constantly blaming last years coach on losses this year is imo weak, very weak.

For whatever reason this team is playing like they flat do not care if they win or lose. There are a couple that are out to pad thier own stats and to heck with everyone else. Patterson is good, very good and will only get better. Jasper and Meeks I know have been out but when they can both get back this team will improve.They will not be great but they will improve.

I will continue to back this U.K. team and not go jumping off the bandwagon.

I get frustrated like anyone else and especially when I see college players not executing basic fundamental skills like boxing out on rebounding, poor passing or not passing the ball, bonehead mental mistakes, senseless (unforced) turnovers, etc.,etc..

I still support BCG and will support him, after all he is our (U.K.'s) coach now. Every coach usually has a rough first year when taking over a program and putting his system in (well, Tubby won a NC in his 1st year but I would never bring that up,(j/k) now here will come "with another coaches players chants" and I won't get into that:D) .

BCG is agood basketball coach and I believe that he will have U.K. winning again. I hope not and I don't think that the case is that he is just overwhelmed at the U.K. job and the presssures, expectations that go along with it. BCG is agood coach but has not been at any "pressure" jobs where winning has been a tradition and expected from day 1 like he is now. A person can't get any more tradition than the winningest basketball program of all time :thumb:.

 

GO BIG BLUE!!

So then, do you think that the talent left at U.K. was not good enough to beat Gardner Webb, Houston, UAB and now San Diego??

I think that Jasper, Meeks, Crawford and Bradley were ranked pretty high when recruited. I certainly think that the team left behind was good enough to have a few more wins than they do right now. Constantly blaming last years coach on losses this year is imo weak, very weak.

For whatever reason this team is playing like they flat do not care if they win or lose. There are a couple that are out to pad thier own stats and to heck with everyone else. Patterson is good, very good and will only get better. Jasper and Meeks I know have been out but when they can both get back this team will improve.They will not be great but they will improve.

I will continue to back this U.K. team and not go jumping off the bandwagon.

I get frustrated like anyone else and especially when I see college players not executing basic fundamental skills like boxing out on rebounding, poor passing or not passing the ball, bonehead mental mistakes, senseless (unforced) turnovers, etc.,etc..

I still support BCG and will support him, after all he is our (U.K.'s) coach now. Every coach usually has a rough first year when taking over a program and putting his system in (well, Tubby won a NC in his 1st year but I would never bring that up,(j/k) now here will come "with another coaches players chants" and I won't get into that:D) .

BCG is agood basketball coach and I believe that he will have U.K. winning again. I hope not and I don't think that the case is that he is just overwhelmed at the U.K. job and the presssures, expectations that go along with it. BCG is agood coach but has not been at any "pressure" jobs where winning has been a tradition and expected from day 1 like he is now. A person can't get any more tradition than the winningest basketball program of all time :thumb:.

 

GO BIG BLUE!!

 

 

What you are failing to realize though is that Meeks and Jasper have not been at 100% or even near it...and it doesn't matter how good a player looks on paper...if they arent prepared mentally (focused, and mentally tough) then their ability means nothing.

 

And you can't surround a couple of talented players with Michael Porters and Mark Courys and expect to be a Kentucky calibur team. BCG won't sign players like that, and I am glad.

So, do we have a new 18%? I supported Tubby and had no regrets. I also support Billy Clyde and feel he should have an honest chance. The blasting that he is taking from the former Tubby supporters is why I have the word had instead of have. I believe some of you, in your thirst to blast those that ran off Tubby, have became what you hate.

So, do we have a new 18%? I supported Tubby and had no regrets. I also support Billy Clyde and feel he should have an honest chance. The blasting that he is taking from the former Tubby supporters is why I have the word had instead of have. I believe some of you, in your thirst to blast those that ran off Tubby, have became what you hate.

 

Do you think that's what it is? Tubby supporters trying to say "I told you so." I just assumed it was the more extreme crazies of the crazy Tubby-bashers...what youre saying makes perfect sense.

Do you think that's what it is? Tubby supporters trying to say "I told you so." I just assumed it was the more extreme crazies of the crazy Tubby-bashers...what youre saying makes perfect sense.

 

It's both.

The thought that we will are going to eventually be back on top. I didn't have that frame of mind with Tubby here.

It's both.

 

:thumb:

 

Its the people who really do expect a title every 2 years and the people who would've backed Tubby regardless of his record and always said "he won a title in 98! He's the best coach EVER!"

 

Both sides are idiots.

 

BCG has struggled more than anyone expected, and its OK to be concerned, but stop calling for his head already.

If coaching were a sprint and not a marathon I would be concerned. However, here is how I look at it:

 

BCG is a proven winner. His methods have proven successful in the past and if history is any guide he will be successful here as well; there is no reason he will not be. I can't say I understand all he methods anymore than anybody else does BUT they have worked in places where basketball wasn't exactly the king of the hill.

 

I do know this...when I took over my new job last year I would have hated to have been judged on my first 11 cases and would prefer to have the whole body of work looked upon. I would like to be given time to fail. My wife became a physical therapist last year and I'm sure she would not want to be judged on her first 11 patients.

 

When Rick Pitino took over UK's helm he said it would take 5 years to put Ky back on the basketball map. He did it much quicker than that but 5 years was his opinion for a team whose best players, including big man LeRon Ellis and Chris Mills (guard I believe), departed early. I see similarities with Rondo and Morris not being here. Nevertheless, BCG strikes me as a Gene Hackman "Hoosiers" type coach and I believe, if he is not lynched by the basketball public or quits under pressure, he will be a great coach for UK. Let's give him time to pass or fail his tests.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.