December 30, 200718 yr This is a rarity but, Professor - I have to disagree with you there. While I could buy that Tubby may have had a better record at this point saying he wouldn't have had over two losses is a bit of a stretch. UNC and Indiana were the two you were referring to, I am assuming? So theres two already. Now if UK had beaten Gardner Webb with Tubby coaching to think they would have gotten out of NYC without one loss (or likely two) is obsurd. I think Memphis's team this year could give our 96 team a good game. So now we are up to between 3-4 losses. The Houston game is another loss I think. If all things are the same...Patterson out, Meeks being well under game shape and Houston playing as hot as they did with the crowd as pumped as they were - we lose that game with Smith at the helm as well. I think its fairly easy to assume that Tubby could have had atleast 5 losses at this point. I do think he would have held off the come back by UAB and beaten San Diego. Okay.:thumb: I'm probaby stressed right now, after losing at home to a 6-8 team. Venting a little bit.:madman:
December 30, 200718 yr Okay.:thumb: I'm probaby stressed right now, after losing at home to a 6-8 team. Venting a little bit.:madman: Understandable. As a life long Cub's fan though, "There's always next year" is finely woven into my DNA.:lol:
December 30, 200718 yr I've heard the same thing. He makes them run the stairs if they just ask something about how to run a play. He supposely told Porter, after Porter smiled after what he must have thought was a light remark from Billy Clyde that "What do you think is so funny? The only thing I think is funny is that UK gave you a schlorship." Wow, I mean, if this going a little to far to "light a fire" under Porter? Or was he simply blasting him?
December 30, 200718 yr Things just aren't going to happen overnight. Injuries have killed us at the start and now it seems as if the current players on the roster (aside from Patterson and Meeks) just arent the type of guys that fit into BCG's style. Don't burn him at the stale yet but give him a couple of years to bring in some guys who fit his level of expectation and we will see the Blue and White back on top of the world of college basketball. Untill then we will have to just suffer through ut
December 30, 200718 yr Things just aren't going to happen overnight. Injuries have killed us at the start and now it seems as if the current players on the roster (aside from Patterson and Meeks) just arent the type of guys that fit into BCG's style. Don't burn him at the stale yet but give him a couple of years to bring in some guys who fit his level of expectation and we will see the Blue and White back on top of the world of college basketball. Untill then we will have to just suffer through ut Exactly:ylsuper:. Tubby only has a Championship ring because he coached Pitino's kids and played Pitino ball the first year he was in Lexington. It took him a decade, but I believe the finger needs to be pointed at Tubby, not Billy. He is having to play with what Tubby left, which let's face it, is not alot. Give him at least 2-3 years to turn this program back on an uphill slope and then hold him accountable for what happens in Big Blue Country.
December 30, 200718 yr Wow, I mean, if this going a little to far to "light a fire" under Porter? Or was he simply blasting him? Or did it even actually happen?
December 30, 200718 yr Exactly:ylsuper:. Tubby only has a Championship ring because he coached Pitino's kids and played Pitino ball the first year he was in Lexington. It took him a decade, but I believe the finger needs to be pointed at Tubby, not Billy. He is having to play with what Tubby left, which let's face it, is not alot. Give him at least 2-3 years to turn this program back on an uphill slope and then hold him accountable for what happens in Big Blue Country.Maybe the finger needs to be pointed at the fan base that never gave Tubby the respect that he deserved. His status of continued low approval rating had to make it difficult to bring great players in with a large part of the fan base ALWAYS acting disappointed with him. Maybe they should be accountable for their effect upon the program.
December 30, 200718 yr Maybe the finger needs to be pointed at the fan base that never gave Tubby the respect that he deserved. His status of continued low approval rating had to make it difficult to bring great players in with a large part of the fan base ALWAYS acting disappointed with him. Maybe they should be accountable for their effect upon the program. I guess the same can be said of Michigan football fans as well?
December 30, 200718 yr I would assume that his patronage at some of the local watering holes has helped business. :lol: :lol: :lol:
December 30, 200718 yr I guess the same can be said of Michigan football fans as well? I think Miami (FL) football would have to be on that list as well. Bama football? Arkansas basketball?
December 30, 200718 yr I would assume that his patronage at some of the local watering holes has helped business. He's probably helped the real estate market in Nicholasville too. Other positives: 1. Girls at the Blue Moon have a legit chance to hook up with a millionaire. 2. In March I'll have more free time to get spring cleaning done. 3. Darius Miller has already signed.
December 30, 200718 yr I still like BCG. My thinking is that this would be the perfect year for him to get his system going. I don't think anyone expected UK to do a whole lot this year anyway, and if it takes losing a few games to do it then so be it.
December 30, 200718 yr Gotta love it when sarcasm comes back to bite you.:eek: :thumb::laugh: I also said 20+ wins. Oh well, I just hope that our coach doesn't go from being called "10 loss Tubby" to "10 win Billy Clyde" :scared:
December 30, 200718 yr So far, I honestly have seen no positives so far. There is really no solid evidence that Gillespie has been more successful recruiting than Tubby had been before him. Based on his team's performance so far, it appears that Gillespie will need more talent to achieve the same level of success that Tubby had and far more talent to better Tubby's record. I will be pulling for John Pelphrey to succeed at Arkansas because I have a feeling that BCG may be a short-timer.
December 30, 200718 yr Maybe the finger needs to be pointed at the fan base that never gave Tubby the respect that he deserved. His status of continued low approval rating had to make it difficult to bring great players in with a large part of the fan base ALWAYS acting disappointed with him. Maybe they should be accountable for their effect upon the program. First of all I hope that his does not shut BGP down and cause anyone to go into shock :scared: :lol: but.............................. RRR I can agree with you on a lot of this statement. :eek:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.