Whitley County 80 Rockcastle 69

Colonels get a nice win over a nice Rockcastle team. Jamie Lebanion had a break out game for him and Mike Storms had another nice game. Ben Prewitt did a terrific job handling the pressure from Rock and got the ball to guys in situations where they could have some success. Overall Prewitt maybe was the most consistant player thoughout the tourny for the Colonels. Rock played hard but looked like they got worn down as the game went on. Both teams had some nice defensive plays and some over the top offensive plays.

Whiltey finishes the tourney at 2-2 with good efforts in the two losses. The Colonels continue to make progress.

Colonels get a nice win over a nice Rockcastle team. Jamie Lebanion had a break out game for him and Mike Storms had another nice game. Ben Prewitt did a terrific job handling the pressure from Rock and got the ball to guys in situations where they could have some success. Overall Prewitt maybe was the most consistant player thoughout the tourny for the Colonels. Rock played hard but looked like they got worn down as the game went on. Both teams had some nice defensive plays and some over the top offensive plays.

Whiltey finishes the tourney at 2-2 with good efforts in the two losses. The Colonels continue to make progress.

Apex can you give the results for all the other teams in the tourney?

This was the first time that I have been able to watch the Colonels since they played Williamsburg, and they looked like a different team. I heard that they played South and Adair Co in some very competitive games. It looked like Whitley was a completly different team tonight than the last game that I got to see them play. I can't quite remember the last time that I have seen a team play so intense for so long. Coach Baker sends player after player into the game and they don't lose a beat. Sounds like Coach Baker and the crew have their players headed in the right direction. Its good to see a competitive Colonel team for a change.

This was the first time that I have been able to watch the Colonels since they played Williamsburg, and they looked like a different team. I heard that they played South and Adair Co in some very competitive games. It looked like Whitley was a completly different team tonight than the last game that I got to see them play. I can't quite remember the last time that I have seen a team play so intense for so long. Coach Baker sends player after player into the game and they don't lose a beat. Sounds like Coach Baker and the crew have their players headed in the right direction. Its good to see a competitive Colonel team for a change.

Congrats to the Colonels and Coach Baker...Whitley needs to keep this guy around...

WC is a fun team to watch. They never give up and they are always hustling. I like Zach Powers. The kid is one of the best pure shooters I have seen. Maybe his defense and other parts of his game will soon catch up and he will make some noise over the next two years.

Whiltey has been able to come back from some large deficits this year and I think that is due in large part to Baker being more positive in his approach to the kids than Deaton last year. Regardless of the situation he is positive and the kids are buying into that. They are getting tougher mentally and physically, Rock was very physical and the Colonels responded well.

Nice tournament for the Colonels. They were very competitive in the two losses, Coach Baker has done a very good job and has got them to buy into the team first concept.

The 50th district is going to be tough over the next few years with 4 of the top 10 teams likely in it next year and possibly even 3 of the top 5.

"NIce Rockcastle team" ? I thoght that the Rock was having a hard time?

"NIce Rockcastle team" ? I thoght that the Rock was having a hard time?

Rock played very hard and with alot of intensity. Their defense was VERY good and they did a good job of getting in the passing lanes. Their record does not do them justice.

Whitley is a fun team to watch. They play hard from beginning to end and seem to like playing with each other. They're playing with a lot more copnfidence this year. I'm glad to see Lebanion have a break out game. They are young and I would expect them to continue to improve other the next couple of years.