Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County So Far This Season

Featured Replies

I've heard a lot of complaints about Elliott's starters playing late into the games this season. IMO, These complaints are made by people who do not want Elliott to improve over the course of the year, so other 16th region teams can catch up.

 

I don't believe that there have been any bad intentions by the Elliott coaching staff, rather, they want their team to keep improving during the season(and yes this includes getting minutes during the season whether the game is a blowout or not). Elliott's good players need significant PT in every game to improve and let's not forget that they deserve it and need it to improve(how will they ever get better if they only play in close games??). Elliott shows mercy by calling off the press, which has been showing mercy in every game. But you can't blame Elliott's coaches for wanting their players to play more than 12 minutes per game. These kids have worked hard and improved almost every day since last season, so they deserve some PT. Some of you never expected a team like Elliott to be so dominate, my advise to you is, "DEAL WITH IT". Several of you have enjoyed the days when your team was good, let us enjoy our time. As an Elliott fan, I'm POSITIVE that we deserve it.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well as an Ashland fan I have no problem with Elliott and understand your point.

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!

  • Author
Well as an Ashland fan I have no problem with Elliott and understand your point.

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!

 

Good luck to you as well. I wish nothing bad against any other 16th region team. I just felt like putting something out there, due to a lot of comments.

I dont want to sound cocky but Ashland has had a good run over the years with good ball teams and that we seem to get a bad rap alot of the times. I see nothing wrong with what you all are doing....

Well, my two cents on this is that it isnt Grade School basketball any longer and you gotta get these kids minutes if they want to stay fresh and compete down the road for a state crown. I think Elliot would have probably benefitted by a tougher schedule but personally I dont know what goes into that.

Let's look at that. Elliott plays the conference and District games they are required to, plus Mason County, the Fifth Third Classisc at LexCath and the All-A Classic. I'll match that against most schools around here.

Let's look at that. Elliott plays the conference and District games they are required to, plus Mason County, the Fifth Third Classisc at LexCath and the All-A Classic. I'll match that against most schools around here.

 

 

They also play Christian Co. and Huntington, W.V.:thumb:

This is a good young team. Sometimes bad habits and injuries can happen in those blowout victories. Again there is nothing wrong with beating a team to death but dont sell me that playing your best players up 30 is learning experience and getting them ready for better teams. Good Luck to Elliot!

Elliott's schedule will be more demanding very soon, starting Saturday when they play Christian County.

Elliott County plays for 32 minutes is their only fault. I'm sure fans of other teams wish their team would play for 32 minutes.

I have not seen Elliott play. Are they really that good or are the teams that they have played so far just that bad?

I have not seen Elliott play. Are they really that good or are the teams that they have played so far just that bad?

They are really good!!

They are really good!!

 

They are really good and a joy to watch. I love the way the Faulkner boys play and T Knipp is a great looking prospect!

 

All good kids too. A credit to the parents.

I've never seen this group of young men play, but I certainly hope to sometime in the near future. The only question I would ask is how deep into their bench do they play? I fully understand wanting to get their starters as many minutes as possible, but don't they also want to play some of the other kids on the bench so they can get some valuable varsity experience?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.