Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County So Far This Season

Featured Replies

I hate to say I told you so, but...:fire:

I've been a believer since last year and saw their potential the year before. Way to go guys!:jump:

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
When does this team play TMC?

 

Mason Co that is. :ylsuper:

 

February 12. I look forward to it.

February 12. I look forward to it.

 

This game will be ALOT of fun to watch. Should be a HIGH scoring game probley in the 80's or 90's. :ylsuper:

I've been a believer since last year and saw their potential the year before. Way to go guys!:jump:

 

This team could legitimately compete for a state championship this year and/or next. They bring back images of Breckinridge County in 1995. Proof that a good TEAM is really hard to defeat.:thumb:

This Elliott Co team will not compete for a state championship this year or next. Maybe get to the first round of state but that will be it.

This Elliott Co team will not compete for a state championship this year or next. Maybe get to the first round of state but that will be it.

Time will tell, but I'm inclined to think that this team is very talented, has a strong work ethic and a huge fan following. After Mason County there will be more respect for the Elliott County boys!

I say play them. Who cares if they complain.....everyone is going to complain about something. If the coach thinks this will help his team in the long run, then do it. Make sure though, that it will help the team in the long run. Good Luck To Elliot County......Love to See a team such as this have a much success as they are having.

This Elliott Co team will not compete for a state championship this year or next. Maybe get to the first round of state but that will be it.

 

No I do not think they will win a State Championship but I do think they can win at least 1, possibly 2 games in the state. Using their style of play they need the coaching staff to wake up & get the starters some more rest before they can make a run in any tourney that consist of more than 2 games. I suppose the staff has never heard of the old basketball terminology "steal some minutes" for the starters. Last night proves it as those legs have logged a lot of minutes in 3 games since Tues. night. It is the 1st time I have seen the twins & Ferguson not have that extra gear in the 2nd half. They just gutted it out & thats a huge credit to them, no thanks to the staff. At this rate if they make it to the regional finals this may be exactly what the opponent needs in the champuionship game to use against Elliott - tired legs!

If EC didn't have such a big lead starting the 4th last night they would lhave lost - wake up coach !

This Elliott Co team will not compete for a state championship this year or next. Maybe get to the first round of state but that will be it.

 

I believe they made it to the 2nd round last year.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm not even ready to say they will get out of the region this early in the season, but I'm not going to decide where the season will end this early either. This is a solid TEAM, but I completely agree Mays needs to use his bench a little more effectively. Morgan was a starter last year and Maynard can give solid minutes. He has always had a problem going to his bench and he may need to rethink that strategy. As the season wears on, a little rest wouldn't hurt some of the starters, especially when you consider the number of games they play year around.

I believe they made it to the 2nd round last year.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm not even ready to say they will get out of the region this early in the season, but I'm not going to decide where the season will end this early either. This is a solid TEAM, but I completely agree Mays needs to use his bench a little more effectively. Morgan was a starter last year and Maynard can give solid minutes. He has always had a problem going to his bench and he may need to rethink that strategy. As the season wears on, a little rest wouldn't hurt some of the starters, especially when you consider the number of games they play year around.

 

Good post! As of this point in the season however, noone in the sixteenth is even close.

This Elliott Co team will not compete for a state championship this year or next. Maybe get to the first round of state but that will be it.

 

They made it to the 2nd round last season.

Did Elliott's players make any noise as middle schoolers or lower either for their school team or an AAU team? This group seems to have came out of nowhere over the past couple of years. Was success predicted for them at an early age? Thanks.

Did Elliott's players make any noise as middle schoolers or lower either for their school team or an AAU team? This group seems to have came out of nowhere over the past couple of years. Was success predicted for them at an early age? Thanks.

 

As 6th graders they had a 26-0 season without the likes of the Knipp brothers or Ferguson. The Knipps were not enrolled at the school yet and Ferguson had not yet got serious about basketball. As 7th graders, they were 32-0 capped off by a BCI sponsered state championship. Ferguson, by then, was a major part of their success as were the Knipp brothers. Most of the players have been playing varisty or junior varisty ball since the 7th grade.

:banana:I have yet to see Elliott County play this season; but, I will! However, I know these young men personally and you couldn't find a finer team of students, great personalities, academically superb or should I say "distinguished"? I would like to thank it is great teachers like me or an old codger like Coach Mays that has instilled this in these students, HA! However, I also know the families and you would have to give them the credit. They are a most upstanding, personable, hard-working people that you will ever meet. Keep up the good work, TEAM!!! We are proud of you::banana:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.