Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County So Far This Season

Featured Replies

I've never seen this group of young men play, but I certainly hope to sometime in the near future. The only question I would ask is how deep into their bench do they play? I fully understand wanting to get their starters as many minutes as possible, but don't they also want to play some of the other kids on the bench so they can get some valuable varsity experience?

Perhaps an Elliott fan can explain it better, but I do think they play the bench quite a bit. Doesn't Maynard come off the bench? If I'm not mistaken, they only had 10 in the team pic of the ADI preview. And Gatorfan is correct, Elliott is a fun group to watch and hard not to be happy for such a good group of young men.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know in preseason rankings Elliott County was number 15 in the state of kentucky, what is their ranking in the state right now?

They are fun to watch and a good group of young men. They do go deep from the bench Maynard, Morgan, Center,Nickel, Flanery, they can all hold their own in the game.

The first 7-8 play meaningful minutes. Flanery and Nickell are getting more time lately as they are learning to handle the ball stronger and getting to play late in the blowouts. They are small guards and opponents immediately press them with their starters when they enter the game. That is probably a big reason one of the other guards has to play late in the blowout wins.

I haven't seen any teams play harder and give more effort than Elliott County. Let up is not in their vocabulary, nor should it be.

They absolutely destroyed Boyd Co. last night.

I know in preseason rankings Elliott County was number 15 in the state of kentucky, what is their ranking in the state right now?

 

They should move higher. What top 40 teams have they played and won?

To some it wouldn't matter who they have played or beaten....they would still be a lower tiered team. Either way they will have the opportunity to prove how good (or bad) they are in a few weeks. If they are beaten badly at the 5/3 by in-state teams, then I will agree that are not a top 10. If they compete and win, then I think they are legit.

To some it wouldn't matter who they have played or beaten....they would still be a lower tiered team. Either way they will have the opportunity to prove how good (or bad) they are in a few weeks. If they are beaten badly at the 5/3 by in-state teams, then I will agree that are not a top 10. If they compete and win, then I think they are legit.
I 'll predict they get to semis against Mason Co. I know Middleton has played with the Elliott boys in AAU but I'm not sure ever against them. If they get the opportunity at the 5th/3rd to play Mason, many may be surprised how well they compete.
I know in preseason rankings Elliott County was number 15 in the state of kentucky, what is their ranking in the state right now?

10th

I also think that Elliott will compete with Mason, but Mason's Miller and the royals bench gives them the edge.

They also play Christian Co. and Huntington, W.V.:thumb:

 

I agree with what you are saying here...But honestly Huntington is terrible this year.

They absolutely destroyed Boyd Co. last night.

 

Really??

10th

 

 

Overated?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.