December 9, 200718 yr First I heard of it. Why? I've just heard rumors. Nothing solid. I've heard their might be a few "unexpected" transfers and his name was brought up. I was surprised to here this. Just wondering if anyone else had heard the same thing.
December 9, 200718 yr I look for a few to jump ship. I look for Legion to come back but leave after the spring semester. He's a rough coach and these guys have been allowed to do anything they want for their time here.
December 9, 200718 yr Has anyone heard any Meeks might transfer rumors? Just wondering because I have. Meeks dad put an end to those rumors today.
December 9, 200718 yr That is GREAT news. Go Daddy Meeks!!! He seems like the type who will step in when his son needs help or a kick in the tail. A REAL Dad!
December 9, 200718 yr It has been 10 years since UK won their last national championship. How many championships do the teams YOU LISTED above have since that last UK championship? Duke has 1 in the last 10 years. Plus 2 Final Fours UNC has 1 in the last 10 years. Plus 2 Final Fours Kansas has 0 in the last 10 years. 2 Final Fours UCLA has 0 in the last 10 years. Again 2 Final Fours UK has 1 in the last 10 years. 0 Final Fours since then. I liked Tubby when he first got here. In fact I liked him up until the point that he put his son ahead of the basketball program. Saul was a great kid with a huge heart, but he should not have been the starting point guard at UK. He's a quality back up. The program has slowly gone down hill every since.
December 9, 200718 yr I liked Tubby when he first got here. In fact I liked him up until the point that he put his son ahead of the basketball program. Saul was a great kid with a huge heart, but he should not have been the starting point guard at UK. He's a quality back up. The program has slowly gone down hill every since. 3 years ago, they were the #1 overall seed and I think lost in double OT of the Elite 8. That is downhill from the Saul Smith days?
December 9, 200718 yr The only downhill I've seen is UK's effort this season. Blame that on Tubby, too. This team is lost right now, and too many people want to still point the finger at Tubby, and that's a joke. Say what you will about recruiting, and I'll agree that Tubby did a below average job the last two years he was here. But he did recruit Patterson as well, and I don't think the kid would be here without Tubby's initial recruitment.
December 9, 200718 yr Meeks and Jasper missing are hurting this team a lot. :thumb: I 100% agree with you on this and it really is just amazing at the ones that are still wanting to blame everything on Tubby Smith . That is so weak that it is pathetic. Amazing (welll not really)the number of people that want to move foward but are looking in the rear view mirror. They wanted Tubby gone they got it and they are still bashing :lol:. As for a comment before on Patterson being a "BCG" recruit, Tubby was all over the recruiting of that kid and imo had him convinced to come to U.K.. After Tubby left I do think that there was some doubt in Patterson's mind and BCG sealed it. Tubby Smith Recruited Patterson to U.K.. I don't think that anyone expected great things out of this team this year, I think that I had predicted 20-25 wins on the thread on it some time ago. I don't really see anything close to that now. I just hope that we can get Meeks and Jasper back. Should anyone want to jump off the bandwagon now, by all means go ahead......just don't come back on boeard when this U.K. team is winning.
December 9, 200718 yr The only downhill I've seen is UK's effort this season. Blame that on Tubby, too. This team is lost right now, and too many people want to still point the finger at Tubby, and that's a joke. Say what you will about recruiting, and I'll agree that Tubby did a below average job the last two years he was here. But he did recruit Patterson as well, and I don't think the kid would be here without Tubby's initial recruitment. :thumb::thumb: Thank You!!!! Best post of this thread and was said short, sweet and to the point. Without Tubby's recruitment of Patterson he would not be at U.K., that is JMO and he probably woud be at U.F..
December 9, 200718 yr Wasn't it Crawford who was a McD AA? Japser is on the UK level talent wise. Meeks is, as you said, as good as advertised. Put Jasper and Meeks back on this team and you definitely have a different team talent wise. Also, put Rondo and Morris, both motivated, on this team as seniors and you have a team that SHOULD be top 5 in the nation ALONG WITH Jasper and Meeks.You can look at it however you want but this UK team should have Rondo at point, Meeks at guard, Jasper at forward, Patterson at PF and Morris at C. With Crawford and the others off the bench. That is the team Tubby recruited. :thumb::thumb: Another good Post. I agree with the exception of Rondo, I just think that although he was an exceptional talent that he hurt the team more than helped with a bad attitude. You are so correct though about the others. Bashers do not want to be reminded of those FACTS, most as I have said before want to go foward by looking in the rear view mirror. By the way, OTS is doing pretty well these days .
December 9, 200718 yr :thumb::thumb: Another good Post. I agree with the exception of Rondo, I just think that although he was an exceptional talent that he hurt the team more than helped with a bad attitude. You are so correct though about the others. Bashers do not want to be reminded of those FACTS, most as I have said before want to go foward by looking in the rear view mirror. By the way, OTS is doing pretty well these days . :thumb: :thumb: Tubby - 6-1 BCG - 4-3
December 9, 200718 yr :thumb: :thumb: Tubby - 6-1 BCG - 4-3 Tubby - 6-1 (Playing a bunch of bums) BCG - 4-3 (Playing the average UK schedule with talent that is not even close to par for UK)
December 9, 200718 yr :thumb::thumb: Another good Post. I agree with the exception of Rondo, I just think that although he was an exceptional talent that he hurt the team more than helped with a bad attitude. You are so correct though about the others. Bashers do not want to be reminded of those FACTS, most as I have said before want to go foward by looking in the rear view mirror. By the way, OTS is doing pretty well these days . I'm not looking in the rear view mirror. When someone asks why is the talent level so down at UK, well its OTS's fault. Morris tried to jump ship (only to come back because he didn't get drafted), Rondo did whatever he wanted and Tubby let him get away with it. And the only FACT is those two guys are not here and we have NO juniors on this team, zero (also Tubby's fault). He quit. I'm looking forward, but A LOT of the blame for the below average talent on this team goes to Tubby.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.