December 9, 200718 yr So, how many power forwards and centers does Billy G have coming in since it is so easy at UK to recruit? Don't count Patterson because he is probably here with Tubby, too. Meeks and Jasper's injuries are the main reason why they are struggling so bad. No, Patterson definitely counts as a BCG recruit. The fact the he got him to commit to UK rather than UF is amazing. That's where the "package" (Jia Lucas) committed to before Patterson committed. So he definitely counts. BCG was hired in April. Well, in April most of the recruits had signed/committed. He'll get them, give him time. Chuck Hayes was the last good power forward we had. Tubby had all that time to replace him but he didn't. Answer me this, how many power forwards/centers did Tubby pull in his last 3 years? I'm sure you'll get a laugh out of that. Plus, was Tubby's salary justified with the recruits that he was bringing in?
December 9, 200718 yr How long did he have to look for a PF or C? He started in April, so I'm guessing that many were gone. Programs like ours should have bridesmaids in the wings already. Best we had were projects, and not very good ones at that, waiting for their chance. The back-to-back titles was a reference to your post. You asked about taking back to back titles in exchange for losing, but we did not get them either way. I was using your example and then you turned it into the 70 year thing.
December 9, 200718 yr Answer me this, how many power forwards/centers did Tubby pull in his last 3 years? OR 5??? One starter here and there and then a bunch of projects that provided no good minutes and absolutely no help!
December 9, 200718 yr No, Patterson definitely counts as a BCG recruit. The fact the he got him to commit to UK rather than UF is amazing. That's where the "package" (Jia Lucas) committed to before Patterson committed. So he definitely counts. BCG was hired in April. Well, in April most of the recruits had signed/committed. He'll get them, give him time. Chuck Hayes was the last good power forward we had. Tubby had all that time to replace him but he didn't. Answer me this, how many power forwards/centers did Tubby pull in his last 3 years? I'm sure you'll get a laugh out of that. Plus, was Tubby's salary justified with the recruits that he was bringing in? The salary comment is comical. Again, recruiting class of 2008, how many PF/Centers does Billy G have coming in? Surely he could use some of the recruiting contacts he had made at A & M. Tubby brought in Morris, Stevenson, Carter, and would have brought in Patterson. And just to point out, Hayes is what 6'5"? Not the prototype power forward.
December 9, 200718 yr How long did he have to look for a PF or C? He started in April, so I'm guessing that many were gone. Programs like ours should have bridesmaids in the wings already. Best we had were projects, and not very good ones at that, waiting for their chance. The back-to-back titles was a reference to your post. You asked about taking back to back titles in exchange for losing, but we did not get them either way. I was using your example and then you turned it into the 70 year thing. Gotcha on the back-to-back. And you are right, you didn't get either. You didn't get the first round losses that Billy D provided for 5 or 6 years nor the back-to-back titles. And there you go again thinking that UK gets some first run at the buffet line of recruits. Which you contradict yourself in the first and third sentences. You defend Billy G as not having enough time but then say it should be easy pickings to recruit one in the 3rd sentence.
December 9, 200718 yr Did you REALLY just go with Carter????? And, to quote you from earlier, can I borrow your crystal ball? Are you 100% certain PP was coming here regardless? I know what he said, but it is easy to say it after the fact, especially if the fan base wants to hear it..... 3rd sentence was THAT THE PROJECTS/and/or BACKUPS WERE "WAITING FOR THEIR CHANCE" when the starter left. Those were the "Bridesmaids" I wrote about, already on the team, not bluechippers waiting to sign (not that they would). I see how that could be misunderstood. And, as for the 1st sentence, I did not contradict. If he did not get someone, he (BCG) did not rush out and get somebody just because they were tall. He held the Scholly. And, you were right, not first round, just first weekend.
December 9, 200718 yr The salary comment is comical. Again, recruiting class of 2008, how many PF/Centers does Billy G have coming in? Surely he could use some of the recruiting contacts he had made at A & M. Tubby brought in Morris, Stevenson, Carter, and would have brought in Patterson. And just to point out, Hayes is what 6'5"? Not the prototype power forward. Stevenson should have never seen a minute at UK unless he chose to walk-on. Carter, I have no idea what UK and UNC saw in this guy (UNC offered a scholly). Tubby NEVER brought in Patterson. Morris underachieved while he was at UK. Pretty laughable.
December 9, 200718 yr The salary comment is comical. Again, recruiting class of 2008, how many PF/Centers does Billy G have coming in? Surely he could use some of the recruiting contacts he had made at A & M. Tubby brought in Morris, Stevenson, Carter, and would have brought in Patterson. And just to point out, Hayes is what 6'5"? Not the prototype power forward. Do please explain...:confused:
December 9, 200718 yr Did you REALLY just go with Carter????? And, to quote you from earlier, can I borrow your crystal ball? Are you 100% certain PP was coming here regardless? I know what he said, but it is easy to say it after the fact, especially if the fan base wants to hear it..... You and Charms asked how many power forwards and centers. You said nothing about quality. I wanted to accurately answer your question since you get upset when someone tries to read into what you have posted. I answered your post EXACTLY the way you posted it. If you wanted an answer on quality of power forwards and centers, you should have asked that question. I am trying to stay away from reading into your posts what you imply rather than what you actually said.:thumb:
December 9, 200718 yr Do please explain...:confused: I have no care in what his salary was/is/would be. We have spent the past 2 hours discussing basketball and now you want we me to discuss his 10W40. It was comical.
December 9, 200718 yr You and Charms asked how many power forwards and centers. You said nothing about quality. I wanted to accurately answer your question since you get upset when someone tries to read into what you have posted. I answered your post EXACTLY the way you posted it. If you wanted an answer on quality of power forwards and centers, you should have asked that question. I am trying to stay away from reading into your posts what you imply rather than what you actually said.:thumb: Spin it how ever you want, you knew what we were talking about.
December 9, 200718 yr Stevenson should have never seen a minute at UK unless he chose to walk-on. Carter, I have no idea what UK and UNC saw in this guy (UNC offered a scholly). Tubby NEVER brought in Patterson. Morris underachieved while he was at UK. Pretty laughable. Same thing, you asked nothing for quality but what power forwards and centers he brought in. If you wanted to discuss quality, you should have stated such.
December 9, 200718 yr Spin it how ever you want, you knew what we were talking about. Dad chided me rather sternly earlier for knowing what he was talking about rather than what he actually said. I was simply doing what he asked me to do and not cram (I hope that is the correct word) words into his posts.
December 9, 200718 yr NO, I get upset when YOU post something and attribute it to me. YOU took something I did not say at all and used it as a point. YOU said I said something I did not say, and you would not like it either. Get snotty as you want to, but that was all on you. Don't put it on Charms or me. Once more, what number of post did I use "You know what I meant/was talking about"? #55, once more, was the post you turned into ALL, and now this one.
December 9, 200718 yr I have no care in what his salary was/is/would be. We have spent the past 2 hours discussing basketball and now you want we me to discuss his 10W40. It was comical. Again, pretty weak when you know you are wrong.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.