Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby Left UK Basketball in Shambles

Featured Replies

I disagree. By reputation and HS experience, they should have.

 

Problem was, these guys are not coachable, IMO.

They don't want to put the time in to work at it. And they lack quickness. No one out there can blow past anyone.

 

Rather than lacking shooters, they lack speed more to create open shots. Presently, they are usually shooting contested shots.

 

When Rondo became an issue, they lost the ONLY player they had that could make his teammates better by breaking down the defense and creating open shots.

 

They're not coachable, because Tubby was inconsistent and lacked discipline. And as I've said plenty tonight, they had plenty of open shots today, they had plenty of open shots last year. They just can't make them.

  • Replies 196
  • Views 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota had WORSE talent returning. They won 9 games last year. And Tubby already has them EQUALLING their road win TOTAL for last year and they have won either 4 or 5 games already this year.

 

Isn't that funny. With less talent, Tubby is winning at UM and yet you guys are complaining about the talent he left here (WHICH IS GREATER) not being able to win.

 

I'll be willing to go out on a limb and say that they have not beaten a IU or NC. Without the teams we've never heard from on his schedule when he was here, those 26 wins would never have happened. We know the schedule he likes. A win is a win at a place like U Minn., but UK and NC and the like are after a little more.

I thought the lack KY guys was Tubbys biggest problem. :confused:

 

 

He managed to get Stockton, Sears, Heisenbuttel, ect. but chose to skip out on Lofton. That shows he knows which KY boys to go after. :laugh:

They're not coachable, because Tubby was inconsistent and lacked discipline. And as I've said plenty tonight, they had plenty of open shots today, they had plenty of open shots last year. They just can't make them.

 

Wow, I think that is a new one in blame Tubby. I don't think I ever heard "lacked discipline" before.

He managed to get Stockton, Sears, Heisenbuttel, ect. but chose to skip out on Lofton. That shows he knows which KY boys to go after. :laugh:

 

I wonder if that might be way he passed on Lofton.:sssh:

 

I'll be willing to go out on a limb and say that they have not beaten a IU or NC. Without the teams we've never heard from on his schedule when he was here, those 26 wins would never have happened. We know the schedule he likes. A win is a win at a place like U Minn., but UK and NC and the like are after a little more.

 

Just to point out with LESS TALENT Tubby's team DID NOT LOSE to Gardner Webb.

 

I will give you this. I am curious to see how Tubby's team does in the Big 10 when the level of play goes up. That will show how good of a coaching job he has done.

I don't have one and cannot tell you who will win the NCAA title because (unlike football) the best team for the season doesn't win the NCAA basketball national championship.:D

 

 

I did not ask you to say who would win anywhere in the rebutal, I asked which we would have the better chance to win one before. You may want to read it again.

You know who won't be winning one, and you know why, even without a "Crystal Ball"!

No, but MOST of the team that lost to Garner Webb was Tubby Talent. (I knew you would bring up GW.)

When did/do the Gophers play GW?

Funny, how Lofton would be the Savior to take UK to the promise land, according to UK fans, but yet he has not been able to do that at UT.

 

Somehow he would have been able to have some sort of any better career here at UK than he is having at UT and do for UK what he has not done for UT.

I don't have one and cannot tell you who will win the NCAA title because (unlike football) the best team for the season doesn't win the NCAA basketball national championship.:D

 

 

I did not ask you to say who would win anywhere in the rebutal, I asked which we would have the better chance to win one before. You may want to read it again.

You know who won't be winning one, and you know why, even without a "Crystal Ball"!

 

They each have a 1/65th chance if they get a bid. In basketball, it does not matter who is the most talented but who is playing the best.

No, but MOST of the team that lost to Garner Webb was Tubby Talent. (I knew you would bring up GW.)

When did/do the Gophers play GW?

 

So, Tubby's team with less talent beats teams that are similar to GW but his talent which is GREATER cannot beat talent similiar to GW.

 

Is this a UK team I would expect to be a UK team. Absolutely not. But I think the blame lays with the players, especially a tremendously disappointing senior class, rather than Tubby or Billy G.

We both know that it's not a 1/65th chance. Cannon fodder early to get it down to the UNC, Duke, Kansas, UCLA, IU groups with a Mid-Major sneaking in every now and then. It's more like a 1/20 shot for most teams.

SO, which team on your list are we better than and have been better than the last year or two?

And UK has beat teams similar to GW this year.

 

BUT WHERE did that class come from? Someone had to recruit and sign them. He (whoever it was that did that stuff) left someone to have to deal with a mess of lazy recruiting and bad recruiting.

We both know that it's not a 1/65th chance. Cannon fodder early to get it down to the UNC, Duke, Kansas, UCLA, IU groups with a Mid-Major sneaking in every now and then. It's more like a 1/20 shot for most teams.

SO, which team on your list are we better than and have been better than the last year or two?

 

Well, IU best win it this year as Gordon is 1 and done. Larry Bird said he would be starting for the Pacers this year if he was on their team.

 

Out of the other 4 teams you listed, as I guess they have as much of a chance as they did the past 5 years and the championships they have won.

 

Meaning UNC has a 1 in 5 chance and the others, well, they have won any in the past 5 years. Those coaches need fired.

And UK has beat teams similar to GW this year.

 

BUT WHERE did that class come from? Someone had to recruit and sign them. He (whoever it was that did that stuff) left someone to have to deal with a mess of lazy recruiting and bad recruiting.

 

Am I, Was I happy with the UK situation. NOT AT ALL.

 

But to say Tubby is some sort of horrible coach, simply shows either a) a complete lack of knowledge about basketball; b) person is making an emotional, irrational, non-thinking statement.

 

The injuries to Jasper and Meeks has more to do with UK's situation than anything.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.