Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most dissapointing home losses by Highlands

Featured Replies

But to your point, that's why I think the Scott HS job is a perfect one for Coach Weinrich to go after. Build on the momentum and get that valuable head coaching experience. (not to mention bring over the ever-so-important work ethic and prove that all that's missing at all the schools in NKY is hard work. ;) ) After that, if/when Dale decides the hang up the whistle, he'll be ready.

 

 

From my understanding, Coach Weinrich has already turned down many head coaching opportunities in past. He is a Highlands product and very happy at Highlands. He probably will be the next HHS coach when the time comes.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From my understanding, Coach Weinrich has already turned down many head coaching opportunities in past. He is a Highlands product and very happy at Highlands. He probably will be the next HHS coach when the time comes.

 

BIG difference between begin an assistant at HHS and the head coach at another school. (not to mention the head coach at HHS)

 

You have to question his desire to be a head coach if he's not willing to step out and prove himself.

 

Then again, I'm quite confident I won't be on the search committee. :)

I bet there is not many Home losses.

  • Author
"What about the Belfy win in 1979 in the semis. Probably the game that got Belfry's program over the hump."

 

Everytime I am around the seniors from that year, that is still a hot topic...will not let that dropped pass in the endzone be forgotten!! Could of and should of won that one!

 

At what point in the game did it occur?

Not a home loss, but the first one that comes to mind for me was Conner in 1983. We lose, the Melvin Miles Conner goes onto win it all. Should have been 3 straight.

 

We had our chances, an unfortunate penalty (offsides) changed the outcome of that one. I still cringe when I think about it; no one would have touched us if we got out of NKY.

Yes, that one was particularly painful. :irked:

 

...but during my lifetime at least, I'd say the low point occurred during his watch.
All of it? ;)
What about the Belfy win in 1979 in the semis. Probably the game that got Belfry's program over the hump.
I was about to mention that one. For personal reasons, that will always be by far the most painful.

 

The Mud Bowl still stings a little too. ;)

I agree, and I remember it well. I just didn't know if I should bring it up in a Highlands thread. There are still some sore spots in HHS land about that one.
Oh...really? :p:cool:

 

I think I better eject myself from the discussion in order to retain my (reasonably) good standing.

Upandleave.gif

BF, you and I have discussed it many times. After football season is over, we should start a thread just for that game and tell some of the stories surrounding it. I've always been told that there were two KHSAA rules that were instituted as a result of this game.

BF, you and I have discussed it many times. After football season is over, we should start a thread just for that game and tell some of the stories surrounding it. I've always been told that there were two KHSAA rules that were instituted as a result of this game.
I would love to (and I was just being silly above). That would be a very interesting thread.* :thumb:

 

 

 

 

 

 

*No pun intended. ;)

When Campbell Co beat the Birds in 73. (class of 74) I was already out of school and don't even remember if I was at the game, but since I married a Camel, class of 74, I have to listen to it at her class reunions and from time to time she just mentions it to aggravate me.

 

I am sure DMZ and LN had something to do with Highlands defeat.

 

...quite frankly, the defensive coach blamed me in the papers for the defeat...as for LN...he was a lineman, no glory/no blame (LOL)

  • Author
BF, you and I have discussed it many times. After football season is over, we should start a thread just for that game and tell some of the stories surrounding it. I've always been told that there were two KHSAA rules that were instituted as a result of this game.

 

True, Roddy wouldn't come out of the locker room first. He wanted Belfry to control that part and he also wanted the players to know and react to the cannon shots. Roddy prepared Belfry for that contest as good as anyone could have.

 

I'm not sure who has to come out first but there is a rule...not sure of the second one. But this was truly a great night of football.

...quite frankly, the defensive coach blamed me in the papers for the defeat...as for LN...he was a lineman, no glory/no blame (LOL)

 

I still have the clipping if you want to re read it sometime:D

True, Roddy wouldn't come out of the locker room first. He wanted Belfry to control that part and he also wanted the players to know and react to the cannon shots. Roddy prepared Belfry for that contest as good as anyone could have.

 

I'm not sure who has to come out first but there is a rule...not sure of the second one. But this was truly a great night of football.

 

I know ;) but lets save it for it's own thread. FB15G8, make sure you watch for that thread after this week's championship games and post your thoughts and reflections in it. You seem to have some of the same info I have.

True, Roddy wouldn't come out of the locker room first. He wanted Belfry to control that part and he also wanted the players to know and react to the cannon shots. Roddy prepared Belfry for that contest as good as anyone could have.

 

I'm not sure who has to come out first but there is a rule...not sure of the second one. But this was truly a great night of football.

 

The other rule I believe was the tear-away jerseys.

The other rule I believe was the tear-away jerseys.

 

Now i remember why we lost that game!!!!:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.