Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LCA vs. Beechwood 1A State Championship

Who wins the title? 157 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Here's my take.. Tradition ITSELF means nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Only the team that takes the field on game night matters. However, tradition POINTS TO all of the things that make the team on the field a winner; things I said about Beechwood this year. Good coaching, good support (financial as well as non-monetary), and good training (weights, etc.).. talent is a factor, but isn't necessarily a correlation to tradition unless you consider lineage.

 

So directly, past championships mean nothing at all, but presently the past has helped form the present Beechwood team into a team that is a clear favorite for this year's championship.

 

So after all of that, here's hoping LCA can do what nobody else in the class has done and that is make it a game with Beechwood. Good luck, Eagles!

 

And cannot forget: Congrats to LCA for making their first State Championship in so little time playing varsity. Congrats to Beechwood for playing so well and not resting on your laurels to make it where you belong.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will everybody please stop talking about TRADITION and all these other things from past years. Yes, Beechwood has a great Tradition and LCA is establishing one, but stick to the topic of Beechwood vs. LCA. I am sure some of you are tired of hearing each side go back and forth about it. Just stick to the topic at hand, and that is who is going to win Friday afternoon.

 

Beechwood 45

LCA 24

As posted earlier, Beechwood has played down to the competition earlier in the regular season against teams not nearly as good as LCA. Throughout the year that scared me because if I felt like if we didn't play very well against a good team we would not be able to come back. BUT right now Beechwood is playing by far better than they did in the regular season by going back to the fundamentals and mistake free football. I think this game will be close... at halftime.

BHS 35

LCA 10

On Mayor Bluto’s multiple (tongue in cheek) comments:

 

Just Say "NO" to “Stirring It Up”.

We don’t believe Tostitoes, Fedex & Nokia will be looking for new commentary anytime soon.

The BW Football Program Family Tree is not a stump (Founded 1860).

Lay the pipe down.

 

Keep the Mo-Jo TIGERS!

Stay Focused and let your Family & Friends drown out the background noise!

The players constantly taunting the BHS sidelines towards the end of the game, dancing around during the game, this shows no discipline on the coach's part leaving a very sour taste in ones mouth.

 

Thats BUSH LEAGUE....I was at that game and LCA's players were not taunting BW's sidelines. I am sure they were more than ecstatic...A 5 yr program just beating the cow bell of Class A football in KY. I think some of the "taunting " you are referring too has been misconstrued...

 

Should be a dandy of a game.

Thats BUSH LEAGUE....I was at that game and LCA's players were not taunting BW's sidelines. I am sure they were more than ecstatic...A 5 yr program just beating the cow bell of Class A football in KY. I think some of the "taunting " you are referring too has been misconstrued...

 

Should be a dandy of a game.

 

If you were in the stands, which I assume you were, you wouldn't know. When the oppossing teams head coach and entire staff is furious, I am sure it happened.

 

That's BUSH LEAGUE, YOU ARE CORRECT! Being a new program as they were and still basically are, they just did not know how to win in a proper manner. I just hope they remember how to lose to another NKY team.

Beechwood wins this game in a close one.

Beechwood wins this one by 2-3 touchdowns, there size will play a huge factor but Paul Rains may have a few tricks up his sleeves!

Gus,

 

I cannot comment on what happened on the sidelines in 2005, but the chant "over rated" could be heard everywhere. Very classless.

 

The Beechwood/NCC rivalry was quite an intense one over the years. However, when one of us beat the other, there was no such taunting on a scale like that. Mutual respect for your opponent, THATS what sportsmanship is all about.

No more discussion of the 2005 game.

This just in from the Lexington area ... Bluto has been abducted (:lol:).That is why he has not posted all day .He was last seen wondering around yelling : BAH HUM BUG .....NO PRISONERS !!!! (JK OF COURSE ) :D:D

IMO Beechwood will be way more experienced and far more phsyical then LCA. I have watched LCA play several times over the past 4 years and while they are blessed with a ton of speed and athleticism, they lack strength and tough, phsyical play. However, they do have two outstanding playmakers on offense in Witt and Hayden. I look for LCA to hang with Beechwood in the first half but the 9 Time state champions will pull away in the second half. BTW I was watching some Beechwood highlights, #12 and #44 can flat out play. Good luck to both teams.

 

My prediction:

 

Beechwood 38

LCA 17

What positions do Witt and Hayden play ?

Only thing I have heard is LCA does have a D1 player, the kicker! QB is alot like Elliott but a soph and the running back has huge quads.

 

Again, I think it will be won in the trenches. BHS's O/D line is just too big, strong and quick. W/the backfield and this line and let's not forget the WR, Beechwood wins another state title.

This just in from the Lexington area ... Bluto has been abducted (:lol:).That is why he has not posted all day .He was last seen wondering around yelling : BAH HUM BUG .....NO PRISONERS !!!! (JK OF COURSE ) :D:D

 

I knew he was going to loose it. I have been told that he was seen this morning, camping in a tent outside PJS, beating on a drum, dressed in his toga, and chanting, "The eagle is more mighty then the tiger".

 

Please prey for Bluto.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.