Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LCA vs. Beechwood 1A State Championship

Who wins the title? 157 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Would you please explain what was wrong with the 2005 team that makes this year's team so much better?

 

Along with not playing with heart...they had a couple starter's injured for the entire playoffs. I can think of three or four senior starters out with injuries...it was just a bad situation.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood Tigers

State Championship Appearance: 14th

State Championships: 9 (1984, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2004)

 

Lexington Christian Eagles

State Championship Appearance: 1st

State Championships: 0

 

Past Playoff Meetings

2004 - Beechwood 62 Lexington Christian 14

2005 - Lexington Christian 43 Beechwood 20

LCA embarrassed Beechwood in '05 and they have not forgotten all the extra curricular activities that took place on the field during the butt whoopin'!

 

Beechwood will show up and I guarantee that. This group of Sr's haven't forgotten what it was like to see their older teammates humiliated in a game.

 

There is no doubt about it...they will not forget.

Sorry Bluto, but I have to agree with coachbucket on this one. Although we didn't show it last night Frankfort is a very good team, and we pretty much got manhandled last night. I think Beechwood brings home another title.

What more can be said about the Beechwood football program and their outstanding tradition? Beechwood has been a model for all class A schools football programs. I respect the Beechwood tradition and their fans.

 

Having said that (and I mean every word) I know that Beechwood will be a big favorite in this one and should be. I just have a gut feeling about LCA this season. I said that on the pre season post as well that imo it would come down to Beechwood and LCA this season (one of the few times I was right on predictions:D). Good luck to both teams, I have all the respect in the world for both. I have to pull for LCA though (our district). I think that the Eagles can pull off the upset. So after all of my "rambling" on..........

 

LCA 41

Beechwood 37

(possibly in a couple of o.t.'s)

Along with not playing with heart...they had a couple starter's injured for the entire playoffs. I can think of three or four senior starters out with injuries...it was just a bad situation.

 

Back then you only said it was Reiley and Baker: that's 2. I would think with all of the "tradition" and "depth" you could replace 2 guys....

Sorry Bluto, but I have to agree with coachbucket on this one.

 

"I'll get you, my pretty. And your little dog, too!"

Back then you only said it was Reiley and Baker: that's 2. I would think with all of the "tradition" and "depth" you could replace 2 guys....

 

You'll just have to take our word for the fact that '05 was a night that no Beechwood player, parent or fan wants to relive. Maybe avenge, but DEFINATELY NOT relive. There were many internal factors at odds that night. Focus was gone. Hope was gone.

These are matured, and wisened coaches, players and fans. Time passes, and the pain may fade some, but the memory is there to remind us to replace it with a positive one.

IMO, this group will do their best to make that happen.

 

The countdown has begun. It will be a fun week, but a busy one in the Fort.

 

GO TIGERS!!!!!

You'll just have to take our word for the fact that '05 was a night that no Beechwood player, parent or fan wants to relive. Maybe avenge, but DEFINATELY NOT relive. !

 

I can respect that! :thumb:

This is what I posted on the LCA/Hazard game thread.

The kicking game for LCA was outstanding. We had one mistake (a muffed punt).

 

Almost every kickoff went into the endzone or landed around the 2. Several punts were 50 yards or more.

 

LCA won the battle for field position all night.

 

How is Beechwood's kicking game? (Anybody can answer, but I would really like to hear from Pigman or CoachBuckett)

Well I guess we should go a head and carve Beechwood on the trophy. Oh, wait I guess that's why they play the game. I think Beechwood should be the favorite, LCA is making their first appearance and should be the underdog. Hopefully this will be the a new rivalry in 1A football.

I know that Beechwood has a good O-line: big, strong, talented.

 

LCA has 3 O-linemen that have been starting since 2005 - that's 3 years of starting Varsity experience.

 

I know that NKY values tradition, and it has it's place. But I value MUCH MORE years of actual game experience: there is NO substitute for it. 1 year's worth is good; 3 year's is better.

 

Beechwood's line outweighs LCA's by about 30-40 pounds each. That's OK, they did 2 years ago, too.

 

Will LCA win the LOS? That remains to be seen. But I like the "skills and wisdom" that starting 3 years (& starting them WELL) brings to the table.

Well I guess we should go a head and carve Beechwood on the trophy. Oh, wait I guess that's why they play the game. I think Beechwood should be the favorite, LCA is making their first appearance and should be the underdog. Hopefully this will be the a new rivalry in 1A football.

 

I don't see a single Beechwood person stating that we assume we will win.:confused:

 

We are thrilled and excited to be back!

 

Our boys will certainly not underestimate LCA and we are looking forward to a great game.

 

I have GOT to get off this site and get some work done around the house!

Would you please explain what was wrong with the 2005 team that makes this year's team so much better?
Well there was some injury factors that I am sure played a big part,and a very young team at key positions, however, I think it was more that what was right with LCA than was wrong with Beechwood. This years team will have no excuses, they are better at all skill positions, the line Both O and D are over powering, and they have two factors that lacked in 05, heart and desire. Oops make that three, a great ability to recall the past.

Good luck to LCA and the Tigers, we have the two best teams facing eachother.

 

Bwood 52 LCA 27

Back then you only said it was Reiley and Baker: that's 2. I would think with all of the "tradition" and "depth" you could replace 2 guys....
I really don't know why you must always take the hostile approach with the TIGERS. Maybe the bandana on your head is tied a little to tight. When you have 9 State titles.....then talking smack may look a little more legit. Get ready for your second serving of crow in two weeks, cause whatya gonna do when the TIGERS run all over you. TIGERS WILL WIN!:fight:
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.