Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LCA vs. Beechwood 1A State Championship

Who wins the title? 157 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

By the way did that star studded team of 05 finish the job? opppps their I go asking too many questions again!

 

You are correct, NCC did what Beechwood couldn't.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still living in the dream of one game in 05.

 

Nope.

 

Just showing that HAVING all of those things doesn't guarantee a win, ESPECIALLY when you "look down" on your opponent. No team is infallible.

:laugh:

You are correct, NCC did what Beechwood couldn't.

Beechwood 9 Titles LCA-0 When New Cath did we acknowledged it, besides your no New Cath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope.

 

Just showing that HAVING all of those things doesn't guarantee a win, ESPECIALLY when you "look down" on your opponent. No team is infallible.

You might want to review the post and see who started casting dispersions first.

Beechwood 9 Titles LCA-0 When New Cath did we acknowledged it, besides your no New Cath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

This is our 7th year of having a varsity football program, and only the 4th year of having a weight program.

 

I REALLY would be curious to know how soon into Beechwood's history you won your first state championship.

I was at that game...what extra curriculat activities are you referring too?

 

The players constantly taunting the BHS sidelines towards the end of the game, dancing around during the game, this shows no discipline on the coach's part leaving a very sour taste in ones mouth. Then the old popular chant, "over rated." BHS got whipped that night by a better team but at least they know how to win and better yet, know how to lose graciously. That is the difference between a great(dynasty)program and a decent/good program.

 

I think it began in 2004, when Beechwood creamed us. We were gunning for them (for payback) the entire next year, though they may not have known it!!

 

Beechwood became aware of us the following year, with a lot of "talk" going on by both sides before & after the game.

 

LCA wants to do it again, and Beechwood wants to prove that 2005 was a fluke.

This should be a doozy!

 

Being a so-called BHS fan, I will be the first to admit, that lose was not a fluke. LCA beat them in every aspect of the game. They had a running back that was literally unstoppable.

 

 

You are correct, NCC did what Beechwood couldn't.

 

At least the "GOLD" STAYED IN NKY!

 

 

Now, I don't really think I would consider this game as a rivalry just yet. BHS and Pikeville/Mayfield/Harrodsburg those are rivals. The old saying in the mid to late 80's and all during the 90's was the state championship had to go thru Ft. Mitchell or Pikeville. Then the big change w/the playoff system.

 

Haven't seen LCA but I hear nothing but good things as I did w/Frankfort. After I get my hands on some game film I will be glad to report back. Have to pull some strings somewhere but I just might be able to do that. I have big connections in the state.:ylsuper:

This is our 7th year of having a varsity football program, and only the 4th year of having a weight program.

 

I REALLY would be curious to know how soon into Beechwood's history you won your first state championship.

rel·e·vant

bearing upon or connected with the matter in hand; pertinent: a relevant remark. :creepy:

This is our 7th year of having a varsity football program, and only the 4th year of having a weight program.

 

I REALLY would be curious to know how soon into Beechwood's history you won your first state championship.

 

What a rediculous question. You seem to be very knowledgeable to high school sports(football) and I would be willing to bet, if I were a gambling man, that you know exactly when BHS won their first state title and be able to figure out it took a very long time to get there, way more than 7 yrs to get to the title game.

 

This is a great accomplishment and no one should think or say otherwise. I surely take my hat off to the program. I assure you, I realize how hard it is to get there yr after yr. It is no picnic for anyone involved.

Beechwood.

 

No offense to LCA who are great kids with a great coaching staff but Beechwood is the standard by which Class A schools will be measured. Although an upset would be nice :)

rel·e·vant

bearing upon or connected with the matter in hand; pertinent: a relevant remark. :creepy:

 

The relevance is that SOMEONE was bragging about having 9 titles and the fact that (so far) LCA has none.

Beechwood 9 Titles LCA-0

 

If you can't see the relevance, let's just move on....

What a rediculous question. You seem to be very knowledgeable to high school sports(football) and I would be willing to bet, if I were a gambling man, that you know exactly when BHS won their first state title and be able to figure out it took a very long time to get there, way more than 7 yrs to get to the title game.

 

This is a great accomplishment and no one should think or say otherwise. I surely take my hat off to the program. I assure you, I realize how hard it is to get there yr after yr. It is no picnic for anyone involved.

 

Actually, it's not. I have no clue when the Beechwood was founded, when the football program began, and when they began to take football seriously.

 

We were being taunted for not having any state championships in football. I was wondering if it was a realistic expectation at this stage of our football program....

Actually, it's not. I have no clue when the Beechwood was founded, when the football program began, and when they began to take football seriously.

 

We were being taunted for not having any state championships in football. I was wondering if it was a realistic expectation at this stage of our football program....

No one has put any expectations on the short lived LCA program but you, even after being advised against it by some pretty respectable people!
Actually, it's not. I have no clue when the Beechwood was founded, when the football program began, and when they began to take football seriously.

 

We were being taunted for not having any state championships in football. I was wondering if it was a realistic expectation at this stage of our football program....

 

I think you know the answer to this .It is a very good accomplishment to be here for such a young program ,as was stated by someone .

 

Just curious Bluto .How many current starters were in the starting lineup in 2005 ?

Actually, it's not. I have no clue when the Beechwood was founded, when the football program began, and when they began to take football seriously.

 

We were being taunted for not having any state championships in football. I was wondering if it was a realistic expectation at this stage of our football program....

 

My apology, I just figured you knew more about the state and its programs. BHS is not new to the game and there first appearance was in '74 and lost, then won their first title in '84. Won again in '91, '92, '93, '94, runner up in '95(lost by one after going for two w/about 45 sec left), won in '96, '97, semi finals '98, won '99, runner up '02, '03(Mayfield won both), won '04.

 

In 2000, 01, 05, 06 NCC won these yrs. Now, do you see why the BHS faithful are so touchy about their football. These kids don't think they can win, they know they can win. They never go into a game, no matter who they are playing, and think they are going to get beat. This is not being over confident/cocky or arrogant, it is just something they learn going thru the system, meaning k-12. The whole school is housed under one roof. The little ones know who all the football players are and the football players know who all the little fans are. They pass each other in the hallways, giving high fives. BHS is unique in this way and that's what makes a great program instead of a good program. All the kids see/learn how to win and more importantly, as I said in another post, they know how to lose graciuosly.

Well lets see. I was touting this LCA team as a possible true state contender back in the begining of the year but some injuries and a loss to Corbin and Breathitt (who we all later realize were pretty good teams) kind of got LCA off the radar. Now they have put themselves back on the screen, with great showings in the playoffs.

 

Beechwood to me is a little inconsistant this year, but when they are "on" they are better than anyone in Class A. Question is can they be on for an entire game versus LCA? Beechie fans will even admit they have experienced some bad quarters this year versus teams not nearly as good as LCA.

 

Bottom line is Beechwood might be favorite but this LCA team is quite capable of winning especially if Beechwood is not executing well. I expect Beechwood and LCA to both move the ball and this one might be one sort of similar to last years Class A game with both teams putting up some points.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.