Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LCA vs. Beechwood 1A State Championship

Who wins the title? 157 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Hopefully this will be the a new rivalry in 1A football.

 

I think it began in 2004, when Beechwood creamed us. We were gunning for them (for payback) the entire next year, though they may not have known it!!

 

Beechwood became aware of us the following year, with a lot of "talk" going on by both sides before & after the game.

 

LCA wants to do it again, and Beechwood wants to prove that 2005 was a fluke.

 

This should be a doozy!

  • Replies 135
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Beechwood has a good O-line: big, strong, talented.

 

LCA has 3 O-linemen that have been starting since 2005 - that's 3 years of starting Varsity experience.

 

I know that NKY values tradition, and it has it's place. But I value MUCH MORE years of actual game experience: there is NO substitute for it. 1 year's worth is good; 3 year's is better.

 

Beechwood's line outweighs LCA's by about 30-40 pounds each. That's OK, they did 2 years ago, too.

 

Will LCA win the LOS? That remains to be seen. But I like the "skills and wisdom" that starting 3 years (& starting them WELL) brings to the table.

 

I know nothing about LCA and have not seen them play. I do know that Beechwood has a kid that is supposedly getting D1 looks on the OL(and maybe DL?). Kids at Beechwood don't get "actual game experience" as much as other schools because there are usually some very talented players in front of them. I'll take the "actual game experience" of playing in multiple state championships anyday over starting for 3 years. :thumb:

 

As far as the kicking game, I do believe that the Amelang(sp?) kid is still the kicker at Beechwood. Consistently good FG kicker from the 40 on in, decent on kickoffs.

 

I look forward to a great game......what are LCA strengths?

I have GOT to get off this site and get some work done around the house!

 

Where's the fun in THAT??? :confused:

I know that Beechwood has a good O-line: big, strong, talented.

 

LCA has 3 O-linemen that have been starting since 2005 - that's 3 years of starting Varsity experience.

 

I know that NKY values tradition, and it has it's place. But I value MUCH MORE years of actual game experience: there is NO substitute for it. 1 year's worth is good; 3 year's is better.

 

Beechwood's line outweighs LCA's by about 30-40 pounds each. That's OK, they did 2 years ago, too.

 

Will LCA win the LOS? That remains to be seen. But I like the "skills and wisdom" that starting 3 years (& starting them WELL) brings to the table.

You better look a little closer at the Tigers. Have you seen these "rookies" play? The only substitute for experience is talent, if they out weight you by 30-40 lbs all the commradery on the planet is not gonna help. As soon as they get done beating you on offense, they take three steps, turn around and hand it to you on D, Take it from the coaches that post on BGP, they are the most dominating line in 1A

You better look a little closer at the Tigers. Have you seen these "rookies" play? The only substitute for experience is talent, if they out weight you by 30-40 lbs all the commradery on the planet is not gonna help. As soon as they get done beating you on offense, they take three steps, turn around and hand it to you on D, Take it from the coaches that post on BGP, they are the most dominating line in 1A
Yeah! what he said!!!!!!

I look for Beechwood to win. Their O-line is all over 6' tall and are very strong. I think the success they have is a result of: good coaching, good support, and a commitment to the weight room (a.k.a. a good program).

I know nothing about LCA and have not seen them play. I do know that Beechwood has a kid that is supposedly getting D1 looks on the OL(and maybe DL?). Kids at Beechwood don't get "actual game experience" as much as other schools because there are usually some very talented players in front of them. I'll take the "actual game experience" of playing in multiple state championships anyday over starting for 3 years. :thumb:

 

As far as the kicking game, I do believe that the Amelang(sp?) kid is still the kicker at Beechwood. Consistently good FG kicker from the 40 on in, decent on kickoffs.

 

I look forward to a great game......what are LCA strengths?

A good running back and three best frinds on the O-line!
I look for Beechwood to win. Their O-line is all over 6' tall and are very strong. I think the success they have is a result of: good coaching, good support, and a commitment to the weight room (a.k.a. a good program).
:thumb:

Bluto, The extra point and field goal kicker is good. If there is one weekness with Beechwood that is their kickoff coverage. After the first kick they squibbed it and it was very effective. In fact one bounced off of one of the front line guys and Beechwood recovered it at the 50, just that kinda night for Frakfort. It's not that the guy who kicks off isn't good but if you have speed you can get some big returns if they kick it in the air. As I stated this is about the only weakness I saw. Let me alos say that #12 is one heck of a football player. He kicks the extra pointsa nd field goals, is a very good reciever, and defensive back, the kid can do it all.

Back then you only said it was Reiley and Baker: that's 2. I would think with all of the "tradition" and "depth" you could replace 2 guys....

 

Yes Riley and Baker were out, not only them, but B. Johnson separated his shoulder in the first round, and two linebackers were nursing ankle injuries...including the middle linebacker Kenning...that is a lot to overcome.

Beechwood should handle LCA in a similar fashion as they did Frankfort tonight....

 

Beechwood should maul Lex

 

Over the course of the year I have seen plenty of Class A teams play. I have seen both LCA and Beechwood up close a personal. Over the last 4 weeks I have watched plenty of game film on both of these teams as well.

 

WIth that being said My small brain is telling Beechwood. The are the most Dominating team I have seen. They are probally in the top 10 amoung all classes.

 

Congrats to both teams on making it to Louisville. Enjoy your journey.

 

 

Beechwood - 48

 

LCA - 14

 

Sorry Bluto, but I have to agree with coachbucket on this one. Although we didn't show it last night Frankfort is a very good team, and we pretty much got manhandled last night. I think Beechwood brings home another title.

 

I really don't know why you must always take the hostile approach with the TIGERS. Maybe the bandana on your head is tied a little to tight. When you have 9 State titles.....then talking smack may look a little more legit. Get ready for your second serving of crow in two weeks, cause whatya gonna do when the TIGERS run all over you. TIGERS WILL WIN!:fight:

 

You better look a little closer at the Tigers. Have you seen these "rookies" play? The only substitute for experience is talent, if they out weight you by 30-40 lbs all the commradery on the planet is not gonna help. As soon as they get done beating you on offense, they take three steps, turn around and hand it to you on D, Take it from the coaches that post on BGP, they are the most dominating line in 1A

 

You win, we surrender now. We don't have a chance.

 

We don't have TRADITION, talent, TRADITION, a weight program, TRADITION, strong linemen, TRADTION, a good coach.

 

(did I mention that we don't have TRADITION?)

 

How can little, upstart LCA POSSIBLY have a chance.

 

 

 

 

Hmmmmmm. I've heard all that somewhere before: that LCA didn't have a chance.

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=80684&highlight=lca+beechwood

 

 

 

 

Maybe we should play the game ANYWAY......what do you think?

According to all of BGP, LCA should have lost 2 games ago.

 

Pikeville was picked by 57% of BGP. (LCA won by 31)

Hazard was picked by 59% of BGP. (LCA won by 24)

 

LCA was supposed to be out-manned, out-gunned, out-athleted, out-coached, out-everythinged.

 

 

As Sundance said to Butch:

 

"Don't you get tired of being RIGHT all the time...?"

Go Tigers, Hope to see you wrapping up another title when we arrive to our tailgate position. Good luck to you fine young men. Bring home another trophy.

You win, we surrender now. We don't have a chance.

 

We don't have TRADITION, talent, TRADITION, a weight program, TRADITION, strong linemen, TRADTION, a good coach.

 

(did I mention that we don't have TRADITION?)

 

How can little, upstart LCA POSSIBLY have a chance.

 

 

 

 

Hmmmmmm. I've heard all that somewhere before: that LCA didn't have a chance.

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=80684&highlight=lca+beechwood

 

 

 

 

Maybe we should play the game ANYWAY......what do you think?

Still living in the dream of one game in 05......aaaaaaaah those were the days. By the way did that star studded team of 05 finish the job? opppps their I go asking too many questions again! Your right all of us posters including other coaches are kinda new to the game.:lol:
You win, we surrender now. We don't have a chance.

 

We don't have TRADITION, talent, TRADITION, a weight program, TRADITION, strong linemen, TRADTION, a good coach.

 

(did I mention that we don't have TRADITION?)

 

How can little, upstart LCA POSSIBLY have a chance.

 

 

 

 

Hmmmmmm. I've heard all that somewhere before: that LCA didn't have a chance.

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=80684&highlight=lca+beechwood

 

 

 

 

Maybe we should play the game ANYWAY......what do you think?

 

 

 

Yes, tradition is a big part of Beechwood...not one person is denying that. No one is denying that Lca can start a tradition of their own because they have to start somewhere...one begins another ends. What everyone is saying is that this year Beechwood has the talent, drive, determination, coaching, and grind-it-out style that you want in a football team...on top of their tradition. Not to mention the memories of games past(including one in 2005) that they will use to win this game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.