Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UL and "VegasGate"

Featured Replies

At LAX nightclub (Luxor) on Wednesday: Former NBA pro Walter McCarty and members of the Louisville Cardinals basketball team, toasting shots of Patron tequila and glasses of Veuve Clicquot champagne after their win over UNLV.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/11753911.html

I threw this article out there under the Gillispie thread...

Evidently, UL is threatening legal action and wants a retraction. The writer on the other hand has produced photos of McCarty with Palacios and Padgett at the nightclub.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing both of the players mentioned are 21 so why would UL ask for a retraction? Is it because of McCarty?

I'm by no means defending any of the people involved and to be honest I don't really know how I feel about the situation. If all involved are of the legal age I personally don't have a problem with it. Speaking for myself, if I were in a position to get a great education paid for and possibly be paid to play a game one day I think I would keep these kind of events out of the public eye.

 

This kind of stuff only leads to trouble anyway.

  • Author

I'm just guessing here...there may have been some underage players there...don't know...but the LAX is part of the Luxor Hotel and Casino.

I would think that the UL staff/administration do not want their players to be associated by any means with a casino.

I believe Pitino has/had a rule about them not visiting a casino...this comes from Lachlan McClahne (sp?) on WHAS.

A group of young kids going out and enjoying Vegas for a night. That's just SHOCKING! :scared:

 

:lol:

A group of young kids going out and enjoying Vegas for a night. That's just SHOCKING! :scared:

 

:lol:

 

Seriously. Seems like someone should have thought about that before they signed on to play in Vegas. I mean, what did you expect?

I've heard the only two players there were Juan Palacios and David Padgett. Both are of age and were not playing on the trip, so I don't see the big deal. Does look like Juan was having a good time though...

1030.jpg

VegasGate.....:lol::lol:

If it was only Palacios and Padgett then what is the big deal? If I was one of those two and I was on the trip, you can bet I would be out partying.

David and Juan are both over 21, neither were playing on the trip, or even dressed. So what? Sounds like somebody has their stirring spoon out. :sssh: :cool:

^ :lol:

 

Not a deal at all.

Walter was an NBA player, so if Im Palacios or Padgett shots and drinks are on coach.:banana:

I'm guessing both of the players mentioned are 21 so why would UL ask for a retraction? Is it because of McCarty?

 

This was all it was...

 

At LAX nightclub (Luxor) on Wednesday: Former NBA pro Walter McCarty and members of the Louisville Cardinals basketball team, toasting shots of Patron tequila and glasses of Veuve Clicquot champagne after their win over UNLV. ...

 

I am like you. Why would UL want a retraction?

Taking a bunch of young adult's to Vegas and asking them to stay in their rooms would be like taking a bunch of 7 year old's and locking them up in a candy store and telling them it is ok to look but do not touch or taste, RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are adult's and they were not playing so why is there so much focus on this? Just someone always trying to stir the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they had fun why they were there. JD:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.