Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UL and "VegasGate"

Featured Replies

UofL was mad that the players, although the writer KNEW who was there, went unidentified. If it were clear from the start that the only players out were a senior and a redshirt senior who are BOTH injured, this is the most pointless story of all time.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Sticky... in related news, Rick Pitino has resigned from Kentucky to coach the Celtics, left under pressure, nearly hooked up with UNLV, but ended up being hired as head coach of the Louisville Cardinals. :p

Question, is there a chance that the reason UL wanted a retraction (if they did) was because a friend of their Coach was buying alcohol for athletes on scholarship? I haven't memorized the NCAA Guidelines, but I do know a booster (which is VERY loosely defined) can not buy ANYTHING for an athlete based solely on the fact that they participate in sports for the University. Since I can assume that Big Walter wasn't buying rounds of Patron for the Drama Club, that in fact could be the reason. I'll find the wording and post it.

 

I'm just guessing, just to be clear.

Here is the applicable wording regarding what a Booster can't do (again, to the NCAA a Booster is anyone who has EVER donated to a University's Athletic Program):

 

• Provide a Student-Athlete with any extra benefits or special

arrangements such as expense money, movie passes, free

meals at restaurants or free or reduced housing arrangements.

Question, is there a chance that the reason UL wanted a retraction (if they did) was because a friend of their Coach was buying alcohol for athletes on scholarship? I haven't memorized the NCAA Guidelines, but I do know a booster (which is VERY loosely defined) can not buy ANYTHING for an athlete based solely on the fact that they participate in sports for the University. Since I can assume that Big Walter wasn't buying rounds of Patron for the Drama Club, that in fact could be the reason. I'll find the wording and post it.

 

I'm just guessing, just to be clear.

McCarty is NOT a booster, he's a coach.

 

That rule is defined loosely, saying reasonable purchases for entertainment on a road trip is permissible. While Patron is a little high-end for my tequila drinking, I think it makes the slide under the tag there.

 

A bigger concern for UofL was to make sure that no one thought that the players were in the casino. Kenny Klein, if you look, said that there would be no photos of the players in the casino, not the nightclub.

McCarty is NOT a booster, he's a coach.

 

That rule is defined loosely, saying reasonable purchases for entertainment on a road trip is permissible. While Patron is a little high-end for my tequila drinking, I think it makes the slide under the tag there.

 

A bigger concern for UofL was to make sure that no one thought that the players were in the casino. Kenny Klein, if you look, said that there would be no photos of the players in the casino, not the nightclub.

 

A. You think him being a Coach makes it better or worse than if he was a booster?

 

B. $10 drinks is a "resonable purchse" ... on a road trip? Really?

 

Again, I'm just spit-balling. I do NOT think this is a big deal and frankly, can't imagine anyone is worked up over it.

a) For NCAA rules, it makes it a whole heck of a lot better.

 

b) Like I said, a little high end for my drinking, but if I were in Vegas (and not playing while my friends were) I might have some Patron or Cabo Wabo.

I see no wrong IF it was just Palacios and Padgett AND they were paying their own.

 

 

 

 

 

 

BTW....I bet "Clyde" is mad he missed this party! :lol::lol::lol:

By the way...anyone notice the tidbit about Tony Danza on that article!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I see no wrong IF it was just Palacios and Padgett AND they were paying their own.

 

Again, I don't think this is a big deal, but there is no way I buy the fact that the ex-NBA'er didn't pick up the tab.

Again, I don't think this is a big deal, but there is no way I buy the fact that the ex-NBA'er didn't pick up the tab.

 

Agree...

Again, it's within the rules as I read them. Not a particularly bright decision, but within the rules.

Okay, while it's not THAT big of a deal, I'm not sure I want my assistant coaches partying with my players. Actually, I'm 100% sure I don't, regardless of them being hurt or not...

 

Big deal...no. McCarty a moron...YES!!!

Okay, while it's not THAT big of a deal, I'm not sure I want my assistant coaches partying with my players. Actually, I'm 100% sure I don't, regardless of them being hurt or not...

 

Big deal...no. McCarty a moron...YES!!!

Well, he did go to UK...:flame:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.