St. X v. Manual

Diogenes

St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?

St. X, the Commonwealth's top ranked team, takes on fifth ranked Manual, coming off a hard earned OT victory over eighth ranked PRP, in the Commonwealth's premier playoff game this weekend. Can Manual shake the lingering emotion of consecutive huge victories (Male and PRP) and focus on the rematch with X? Have Manual's last two games (Male and PRP) overtaxed the Rams or have the games prepared Manual for the long awaited rematch? Will X's star running back, Deuce Finch, recover from an injury that has caused him to sit out the Tiger's last two games? These issues will be resolved when Manual's former tenants host the Rams at X's new stadium on Poplar Level this Friday at 7:30 p.m. before an anticipated full stadium. Who wins, by how much, and why? Will you be there?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. Xavier Tigers

Playoff Appearances: 34

All-time Record: 74-23

Manual Crimsons

Playoff Appearances: 17

All-time Record: 8-14

Previous Playoff Meetings

2005 - St. Xavier 33 Manual 18

2006 - St. Xavier 39 Manual 9

***I didn't see a thread on this game; if there is, please merge***

St. X, the Commonwealth's top ranked team, takes on fifth ranked Manual, coming off a hard earned OT victory over eighth ranked PRP, in the Commonwealth's premier playoff game this weekend. Can Manual shake the lingering emotion of consecutive huge victories (Male and PRP) and focus on the rematch with X? Have Manual's last two games (Male and PRP) overtaxed the Rams or have the games prepared Manual for the long awaited rematch? Will X's star running back, Deuce Finch, recover from an injury that has caused him to sit out the Tiger's last two games? These issues will be resolved when Manual's former tenants host the Rams at X's new stadium on Poplar Level this Friday at 7:30 p.m. before an anticipated full stadium. Who wins, by how much, and why? Will you be there?

Duece will be out at least the next 2 weeks. Tigers still have enough O to slip past the Rams and the defense plays tough as usual. St.X- 24 Rams-14

There's absolutely no risk that Manual will be anything other than 110% focused on X. Trust me.

I think that Manual is primed for a big upset.....however I think X will be straight power and wear down the Crimsons late. Deuce may or may not play, I do not know. I do know that he will not be 100% the rest of this season regardless. A strained MCL leads to a major decrease in lateral movement and power. When he comes back he will still be better than 90% of the RB's in KY, but the Tigers have some real doozies ahead of them to take state. Good luck to both teams, and stay healthy.

I'll believe that Finch is out when I see it.

To Deuce or not to Deuce, that is the question for Manual's defensive preparation this week. The Crimsons will have to approach this impending battle between the BGP #1 and #3 teams with a dual defensive plan to cover the "what ifs". The more practice time Manual has to spend on this, the better for St. X. :D