Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X v. Manual

St. X vs. Manual: Who wins? 117 members have voted

  1. 1. St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

St. X, the Commonwealth's top ranked team, takes on fifth ranked Manual, coming off a hard earned OT victory over eighth ranked PRP, in the Commonwealth's premier playoff game this weekend. Can Manual shake the lingering emotion of consecutive huge victories (Male and PRP) and focus on the rematch with X? Have Manual's last two games (Male and PRP) overtaxed the Rams or have the games prepared Manual for the long awaited rematch? Will X's star running back, Deuce Finch, recover from an injury that has caused him to sit out the Tiger's last two games? These issues will be resolved when Manual's former tenants host the Rams at X's new stadium on Poplar Level this Friday at 7:30 p.m. before an anticipated full stadium. Who wins, by how much, and why? Will you be there?

  • Replies 161
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dio,

You should write the intro for ESPN's Gameday. Good job.

St. Xavier Tigers

Playoff Appearances: 34

All-time Record: 74-23

 

Manual Crimsons

Playoff Appearances: 17

All-time Record: 8-14

 

Previous Playoff Meetings

2005 - St. Xavier 33 Manual 18

2006 - St. Xavier 39 Manual 9

 

***I didn't see a thread on this game; if there is, please merge***

TRUE TEST TIME..................

 

Are the Tigers as awesome and unbeatable as they appear..

or has Manual.....really arrived ????...Lets see..............

St. X, the Commonwealth's top ranked team, takes on fifth ranked Manual, coming off a hard earned OT victory over eighth ranked PRP, in the Commonwealth's premier playoff game this weekend. Can Manual shake the lingering emotion of consecutive huge victories (Male and PRP) and focus on the rematch with X? Have Manual's last two games (Male and PRP) overtaxed the Rams or have the games prepared Manual for the long awaited rematch? Will X's star running back, Deuce Finch, recover from an injury that has caused him to sit out the Tiger's last two games? These issues will be resolved when Manual's former tenants host the Rams at X's new stadium on Poplar Level this Friday at 7:30 p.m. before an anticipated full stadium. Who wins, by how much, and why? Will you be there?

 

Duece will be out at least the next 2 weeks. Tigers still have enough O to slip past the Rams and the defense plays tough as usual. St.X- 24 Rams-14

I'll believe that Finch is out when I see it.

St. X, the Commonwealth's top ranked team, takes on fifth ranked Manual, coming off a hard earned OT victory over eighth ranked PRP, in the Commonwealth's premier playoff game this weekend. Can Manual shake the lingering emotion of consecutive huge victories (Male and PRP) and focus on the rematch with X? Have Manual's last two games (Male and PRP) overtaxed the Rams or have the games prepared Manual for the long awaited rematch? Will X's star running back, Deuce Finch, recover from an injury that has caused him to sit out the Tiger's last two games? These issues will be resolved when Manual's former tenants host the Rams at X's new stadium on Poplar Level this Friday at 7:30 p.m. before an anticipated full stadium. Who wins, by how much, and why? Will you be there?
There's absolutely no risk that Manual will be anything other than 110% focused on X. Trust me.

I'm going to call the upset in this one and pick Manual. Its just one of those years when an upset like that is just floating around waiting for the Crimsons to grab it.

I think that Manual is primed for a big upset.....however I think X will be straight power and wear down the Crimsons late. Deuce may or may not play, I do not know. I do know that he will not be 100% the rest of this season regardless. A strained MCL leads to a major decrease in lateral movement and power. When he comes back he will still be better than 90% of the RB's in KY, but the Tigers have some real doozies ahead of them to take state. Good luck to both teams, and stay healthy.

Deuce will not play. Manual is pumped. The Tigers are ready. I will be there.

Book it Dio. St. Xavier 35 Manual 14.

I'll believe that Finch is out when I see it.
That is my opinion too.

I hope to make it out for this one.

 

GO CRIMSONS!!!

I like Manual's chances if they don't turn over the ball.

I'll believe that Finch is out when I see it.

 

I agree. I hope they don't let him come back too soon and risk further injury.

I'll believe that Finch is out when I see it.

 

To Deuce or not to Deuce, that is the question for Manual's defensive preparation this week. The Crimsons will have to approach this impending battle between the BGP #1 and #3 teams with a dual defensive plan to cover the "what ifs". The more practice time Manual has to spend on this, the better for St. X. :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.