St. X v. Manual

Diogenes

St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?

Ox the key to that X offense has always been the line schemes. The O is simple but preparing for the line attack is another story. Most teams just do not adjust well and X always has a very good back to exploit the large holes.

What you say is very true! Nonetheless, it also makes a difference if that good back is a small speed runner, a large power runner, or a combination of power and speed (ala Deuce). The opposition back's ability to cut back against the grain sometimes dictates the ability of the defense to quickly pursue to the flow, and keeps them at home longer.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a list of those that have had an MCL injury, and those that haven't....since I have, I am 100% sure that you can not be back to 100% for about 6-7 months.....that said, Deuce is better than I was....however with an injury like said one...there is a recovery time that Mike is not being 100% honest about.

As I understand MCL injuries, not having one myself, is that they are not all the same in terms of severity and recovery time. That being said, I'd be shocked if Duece plays. He's not been running or cutting for two weeks and I don't think he would be ready to play even if the MCL is healed.

I don't think the match up is really as close as some on here think. I think that St X is a significantly better team than Manual. With that said Manual is one of the few team in the state capable of playing with St X, but if they beat them I would consider it an upset.

In the last game X popped Manual in the mouth early like they hadn't seen yet, or saw since, this season. With Manual having a better understanding of what they are going up against, they shouldn't be as shell shocked by the physicality of X.

This will be a great game. The winner moves on to round three with a chace to advance to the final four..... But be fore we get carried away, I feel the Tigers will defend the home court advantage and play very stout from start to finish. Manual will pose a threat yet it will be all Tigers in the end, by at least 8....

I will toot our horn in that we are the most balanced team in the state.
Actually per the KHSAA website, Manual has 2068 passing yards and 1848 rushing yards while Trinity has 2702 passing yards and 1618 rushing yards. Balance seems to be on the side of the Rams.