St. X v. Manual

Diogenes

St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?

Ox - I have seen us have very good teams and "give it away" a number of times..... Just dont want this year to be another gift....... We have been very gracious over the years. I just would like for this set of Tigers to take it all in convincing fashion. I think we all know we have the ability..... We just need to execute...and play inspired football. Sometimes it really makes me wonder, after working out and lifting weights for 4 years, the enthusiasm sometimes subsides right at the time when it should be the highest.... Go Tigers

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One aspect of this game that has not been extensively examined is the effect of the preceding game on each team. Manual was in a nail biter last week against PRP, and no doubt spent the week preparing accordingly. X played Butler, and may have used part of last week to prepare for this week's game. This topic was discussed in last year's Trinity - Male playoff game, where Male had played PRP and X immediately prior to the Trinity match, and Trinity had played Southern and Ballard. Will a soft playoff schedule prior to this game help X's cause?

One aspect of this game that has not been extensively examined is the effect of the preceding game on each team. Manual was in a nail biter last week against PRP, and no doubt spent the week preparing accordingly. X played Butler, and may have used part of last week to prepare for this week's game. This topic was discussed in last year's Trinity - Male playoff game, where Male had played PRP and X immediately prior to the Trinity match, and Trinity had played Southern and Ballard. Will a soft playoff schedule prior to this game help X's cause?

Yes, it has and will help. :cool:

One would think that last weeks game was a good tune up for many cylinders. Being refreshed and focused on the Manual game plan should prove to be a key element in this game. I foresee Manual's game last week to, in the end, have taken a little spunk out of the Crimsons..... We all know what back to back rivaly games does to ones ability to keep playing on a sky high level. At some point, one usually has a let down. I really dont see Manual as having the experience of winning big games in succession and into the playoffs. This could play into the hands of the Tigers.

The tough regular season schedule should prepare the Tigers as well.... Looking forward to a very fun, competitive game tonight. I hope the Tigers come ready to play some football......