Diogenes

St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to popular opinion, Manual might just show up for the game. No need to mail in any trophies just yet.

Its been pretty clear from this thread that virtually no one is underestimating Manual. If they play like they played vs. Male, they are capable of beating anyone in the state. St X will be ready, however, with the best defense Manual has faced, inlcuding the first meeting between these two. X is pretty healthy on D for this late in the year, and will bring a lot of speed to bear. If Harness can get the ball out to Cooper and Cosby, this game will be very close. If X limits the effectiveness Manual's passing game, they will prevail.

Its been pretty clear from this thread that virtually no one is underestimating Manual. If they play like they played vs. Male, they are capable of beating anyone in the state. St X will be ready, however, with the best defense Manual has faced, inlcuding the first meeting between these two. X is pretty healthy on D for this late in the year, and will bring a lot of speed to bear. If Harness can get the ball out to Cooper and Cosby, this game will be very close. If X limits the effectiveness Manual's passing game, they will prevail.

It's funny that in the same post that you claim everyone's giving Manual a shot, you say that if Manual does everything right, they can make it close, but if not X will take it.

It's funny that in the same post that you claim everyone's giving Manual a shot, you do the same thing that everyone else is doing: saying that if Manual does everything right, they can make it close, but if not X will take it (going away by several opinions.)

What I am saying is that I believe that Manual is most dangerous when they are able to pass the ball effectively. If X keeps a lid on that part of their game I believe they will prevail. No team will execute perfectly, nor did I suggest that they have to. I do believe that the passing game is critical for Manual to win.

What I am saying is that I believe that Manual is most dangerous when they are able to pass the ball effectively. If X keeps a lid on that part of their game I believe they will prevail. No team will execute perfectly, nor did I suggest that they have to. I do believe that the passing game is critical for Manual to win.
That we can agree on. The single reason Manual has struggled so much against St. X compared to their games with Male and Trinity in the past six years is that Manual couldn't keep the X defense honest with a solid passing attack.

But, perhaps, Happy Gilmore has learned how to putt...:cool:

That we can agree on. The single reason Manual has struggled so much against St. X compared to their games with Male and Trinity in the past six years is that Manual couldn't keep the X defense honest with a solid passing attack.

But, perhaps, Happy Gilmore has learned how to putt...:cool:

Maybe Happy will finally be able to take on Bob Barker.

Having gone through the predictiions in this thread in no particular order:

St. X on top 28-14, 17-14, 14-10, 21-17, 35-14, 28-13, 21-14, 24-14, 28-24. Also predicted St.X on top by 2 TDs, by 3-7, by 7. In contrast Rams predicted as the winner 21-17, 28-24. While few seem to take Manual lightly, very few seem to think Manual is capable of winning. But then maybe these predictions are based on dreams and wishes.

It will be very strange seeing the Tigers play Manual at St.X! Will the Rams fill the visitors side/ what kind of fans support do they have this year? A new tradition begins with play-off games at home.

My advice to you! If you want to SEE the game, find a spot on the home side. The view from the vistors side is horrible. You can’t see over the players and you are 35 yds from the sideline. Good luck!!