St. X v. Manual

Diogenes

St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. St. X vs. Manual: Who wins?

Wasn't Manual fortunate to be in the first game, i.e. X had a special teams snafu on their own 1, etc.???
Both offensively and defensively St X performed better, but something should be said of the fact that St X went into half time up 14-0 and and finished the game 21-14.

Take what you will of the following... Every scoring drive of St X consisted of 4 or less plays. They couldn't punch it in on there long drives but scored off long plays.

Manual's only scoring drive (not counting the 1 play 1 yrd TD off the punt) was 11 plays 98yrds in the 4th qtr. Manual provided the only "real" turnover by throwing and int while in the red zone in the middle of the 3rd qtr.

To say St X proved to be a better team, I would whole heartedly agree, to say Manual was fortunate to be in the game, is incorrect.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. X's visiting side hasn't been half full once this year, including games against T at the JV and freshmen level. Overall the stadium SEATS over 6,000, which is around 2,000 more than the one off of Shelbyville Rd. The visiting side on Poplar Level holds 1,000, so saying that if every player brings both parents, it'll be full is nothing but hyperbole. In addition to seating 2,000 more than some other stadiums, it also has plenty of standing room around the field for a few thousand more. If a visitor fills the visiting stands (which hasn't happened yet), there's plenty of space to stand, or they could come sit on the home side if they can find a seat. Just curious what the visitor seating capacity is on Shelbyville, because I can't imagine that it's that much more.

I bet that it is almost double.

St. X's visiting side hasn't been half full once this year, including games against T at the JV and freshmen level. Overall the stadium SEATS over 6,000, which is around 2,000 more than the one off of Shelbyville Rd. The visiting side on Poplar Level holds 1,000, so saying that if every player brings both parents, it'll be full is nothing but hyperbole. In addition to seating 2,000 more than some other stadiums, it also has plenty of standing room around the field for a few thousand more. If a visitor fills the visiting stands (which hasn't happened yet), there's plenty of space to stand, or they could come sit on the home side if they can find a seat. Just curious what the visitor seating capacity is on Shelbyville, because I can't imagine that it's that much more.

There were over 11,000 to attend the Manual Male game at Papa John's of that probably 6,000 of those were Manual fans. St X is our next biggest rival I would expect at least 2,000 Manual fans to be in attendance. Most Visitors stands don't accommodate us. If yours only holds a 1,000, a great number of Manual fans will be standing.

I bet that it is almost double.

Are you saying that almost half of your "seating capacity" is on the visitor's side? :eek:

RP, this question about the total "seating capacity" of Marshall Stadium has been asked numerous times over the past year, but no one from Trinity has stepped forward with definitive numbers for home, visitors, and total. I know the visitor's side goes from the 20 to the opposite 20, while the home side goes from the 10 to the opposite 10 (plus a lot of seats are lost on the home side where two large cut outs were used for entry and exit). When the stadium was being constructed, I heard total numbers anywhere from 3800 to 4200. A lot of this comparative stadium discussion could be ended if some real factual numbers were put forth.

Back on the thread topic, I expect this Manual/St. X. battle to be tight to the finish, with excellent defenses on both sides keeping the score low: St. X. 17 - Manual 14...GO TIGERS!!

I do actually look for the first half to be very low scoring while the teams again feel each other out.....things will open up in the second half, and then fatigue will set in for the the Crimson Crew....I can't see Manual having the horses to play up emotionally and physically for a 48 minute game.

I do actually look for the first half to be very low scoring while the teams again feel each other out.....things will open up in the second half, and then fatigue will set in for the the Crimson Crew....I can't see Manual having the horses to play up emotionally and physically for a 48 minute game.
The last game started with St X jumping ahead and Manual getting the advantage once the game settled down.

Manual will NOT fatigue. But they may have holes that can be exploited.

The last game started with St X jumping ahead and Manual getting the advantage once the game settled down.

Manual will NOT fatigue. But they may have holes that can be exploited.

How do we know that? I have no real love lost for either team, and I respect them both tremendously. That said, Glaser always seems to hold back in the regular season, that alone leads me to believe there is more in the cupboard for Round 2 in that there is no guaranteed tomorrow.

This should be a great game, being watched by by about 7000 or 8000 fans.

8,500 is the Max. Ticket sales.

From the sounds of this thread it may be a "Sell-Out"!

A litle Birdie told me:

St. X - 28

Manual - 14

:thumb: GO TIGERS! :thumb: