Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elite Programs in NKY

Featured Replies

Highlands

NCC

Beechwood

CCH

I only say these 4 because they have won several state championships and are perrennial power.

 

Up and coming Ryle. Getting to the STate Championship last year seemed to establish themselves as a team that says, we are here finally and can compete across the state.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boones Head coach is rummored to be in the running for the Cooper job. Maybe he knows what life will be like without Farris

Looks like Simon Kenton's "Freshman" team just joined the list.

Looks like Simon Kenton's "Freshman" team just joined the list.

 

Get a grip. I have seen many really good freshman teams that never did anything the next 3 yrs. There are always players moving, transferring and just sick of playing.

Looks like Simon Kenton's "Freshman" team just joined the list.

 

:laugh:What!!!!! First the Shawn Alexander comment and now this. You need to check into River Hills my brother. I know you want to defend the team from your side of the river but come on. Stop It:laugh: Quit it allready

Get a grip. I have seen many really good freshman teams that never did anything the next 3 yrs. There are always players moving, transferring and just sick of playing.

 

DING DING DING!!! There's my winner. Man, I can't put anything past you guys!

The answer to the question is Highlands. They are THE elite program in NKY. 16 State Titles and they never have a down year. The longest span without a State Title is 7 yrs.

 

and if Highlands looses a Football game to anyone I am surprised.

The answer to the question is Highlands. They are THE elite program in NKY. 16 State Titles and they never have a down year. The longest span without a State Title is 7 yrs.

 

and if Highlands looses a Football game to anyone I am surprised.

 

If you start in the 90's, Beechwood went only 4 yrs between titles:banana:

If you start in the 90's, Beechwood went only 4 yrs between titles:banana:

 

HHS too...:p

Higlands is by far the most elite team in NKY. They have sixteen championships. They put teams on the field regularly with AAA enrollment that can beat ANYONE on a given night in the state. There is no other team in NKY that can claim the same thing.

If you start in the 90's, Beechwood went only 4 yrs between titles:banana:

 

I didn't I started when the Playoff system did 1959. So Beechwood's longest dry spell was from 1959-1984. I would say Beechwood is the 2nd best program, in NKY.

OK elite programs:

 

 

Highlands

Beechwood

NCC

CovCath

 

These programs have done it over the years and it different eras.

 

 

This year maybe the term should be who has played at or above their potential............For example Dayton......you can't say an elite program but you can say an "elite" season. Two years ago Bellevue had an "elite" season. Last year I feel Dayton had an "elite" season as well. Ludlow has had 2 elite seasons in the past 4 years. None of these are elite programs as they tend to "fall quickly" due to being such small schools and the cyclical nature of the talent.

Also I feel Ryle had an "elite" season last year but they are not an elite program.

^ The other 3 schools mentioned on here do not have youth programs like FTJFL so how do they do it?

 

The majority of the Beechwood team came up thru the NKYFL Spartans. They are also allowed to join the Beechwood Freshman team as 7th graders. Hence, many learn 'the system' at a young age. (Not to mention those that have older sibs that have been around for ages. It's a kind of osmosis.)

Looks like Simon Kenton's "Freshman" team just joined the list.

 

Come back next year and tell me how many of the total of those players are still at SK, then tell me how many are at other schools or not playing, then lets see the Pioneers' record for the next 5 years. Also, how many state titles has Simon Kenton won? I bet its not sixteen, not six, probably not even one. SO GET OVER IT, ONE GOOD FRESHMEN SEASON DOES NOT A DYNASTY MAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come back next year and tell me how many of the total of those players are still at SK, then tell me how many are at other schools or not playing, then lets see the Pioneers' record for the next 5 years. Also, how many state titles has Simon Kenton won? I bet its not sixteen, not six, probably not even one. SO GET OVER IT, ONE GOOD FRESHMEN SEASON DOES NOT A DYNASTY MAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Relax Francis

 

I think you need to go back and see who tdy's really rooting for.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.