Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elite Programs in NKY

Featured Replies

KHSAA Alignment

 

The number under the "C6" header shows what class each school is in.

 

Thanks for that. It was driving me bonkers. I bet all those 3A teams are happy that we pushed our way into 5A!!!!!

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some state numbers: Out of 221 schools listed by number of boys reported this yr, Beechwood is 195th(169 boys), Ludlow 200th(158 boys), Dayton 204th(147 boys) and Bellevue 207th(140 boys). My point here is that these are all small schools, lets quit using this as an excuse. Beechwood competes every yr w/low numbers. I just get tired of hearing "we are a small school," so what, play the game and do things to get better.:fire:

 

Yeah but a lot of the better athletes from these schools transfer out therefore making it harder for the school to put a solid football team together every year.

Highlands has about 409 boys

 

Cut offs

 

6A About 650

5A about 501

4A 411

Highlands is a 3A school by enrollment but the are close to the 4A cut off.

 

FtBB

I was just making a joke and I agree Highlands is the Elite program because everyone does or should want to be as successful as them. In my opinion they are the only Elite program in NKY.

Sorry W.A.T.,

 

I, being a HHS fan take a lot of shots on here and at work across the river from all those Ohio schools' parents. Its rough. I made the mistake of saying something to a few of the Elder guys when we played them a PBS, what a mistake!!! My computer was covered in purple and it just went downhill from there.

Sorry W.A.T.,

 

I, being a HHS fan take a lot of shots on here and at work across the river from all those Ohio schools' parents. Its rough. I made the mistake of saying something to a few of the Elder guys when we played them a PBS, what a mistake!!! My computer was covered in purple and it just went downhill from there.

 

Highlands got robbed that night that was a Fumble.

Since we're talking about number of boys and such, I've never understood why teams like Trinity and St. X (all boy schools) are in the same class as the public schools from NKY (around the same number of total students with 50% being girls). It doesn't really bother me, and I'm sure it has to do with the fact that there aren't many schools that big with all boys. I was just wondering.

Sorry W.A.T.,

 

I, being a HHS fan take a lot of shots on here and at work across the river from all those Ohio schools' parents. Its rough. I made the mistake of saying something to a few of the Elder guys when we played them a PBS, what a mistake!!! My computer was covered in purple and it just went downhill from there.

 

You had to see it coming though, right?

Since we're talking about number of boys and such, I've never understood why teams like Trinity and St. X (all boy schools) are in the same class as the public schools from NKY (around the same number of total students with 50% being girls). It doesn't really bother me, and I'm sure it has to do with the fact that there aren't many schools that big with all boys. I was just wondering.

 

Good Point!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Holmes??? Dayton??? I am a Holmes fan but I am also realistic. I know why you think they will be so great and it's because they have a Highlands guy at the helm. And Dayton? I don't understand that at all. But they did beat Holmes in the "pillow fight of the year."

 

No, you are wrong and reading stuff into something that isn't there; as for why, only you can answer that. I never said that either team will be "so great". Good Lordy, I simply said that I thought they were headed in the right direction and that brought out such a reaction from you. Perhaps instead of me having an inflated view of Holmes and Dayton because of Highlands grads at the helm, someone else may be resentful Highlands grads are at the helm.

 

Please, for the benefit of your school and the kids that attend it, don't be one of those people that now starts working against Lickert because it bothers you to see a Highlands grad getting credit for doing positive things at your school.

 

By the way: Dayton and Holmes ARE headed in the right direction.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.