Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elite Programs in NKY

Featured Replies

Misunderstood my statement. We are playing up now. I just meant that Highlands could play up to 6A and compete. I know we will never renovate enough to be big enough, even if we let Woodlawn, Wilder, and Southgate in. I was just being hypothetical. Forgot how much everyone knows of specifics around here. MY BAD.:cry:

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Misunderstood my statement. We are playing up now. I just meant that Highlands could play up to 6A and compete. I know we will never renovate enough to be big enough, even if we let Woodlawn, Wilder, and Southgate in. I was just being hypothetical. Forgot how much everyone knows of specifics around here. MY BAD.:cry:

 

If you don't bring your A game on here, you get corrected real quick.:jump:

HHS, Covcath, NCC, Beechwood compete for a state title every year...

 

:thumb: IMO, these are the only 4 in NKY that can even be considered/called "elite".

Lloyd was heading in the right direction then all of a sudden it turned to disaster. Hopefully they will find a new coach that will get them turned around. I think Coach Lucas and his staff did the best they could do with the situation at hand. Lloyd has alot of good athletic talent and some good under classman on the way. The Senior team at the Lions are undefeated and playing for the Super Bowl on Saturday, the midget team is 8 and 1 and also playing for a Super Bowl on Saturday. So there are some bright spots ahead and only time will tell. I wish them well. JD

:thumb: IMO, these are the only 4 in NKY that can even be considered/called "elite".

 

You"re probably right about that. The thread title mentioned Elite N. Ky programs but the question posed in the first post asked about which programs are headed in the right direction which is why some posters have mentioned other programs that aren't yet considered elite, but are definitely headed in the right direction.:thumb:

If you don't bring your A game on here, you get corrected real quick.:jump:

 

Thanks for the tip. I know I don't bring my A game on here, but it comes with me prior to every birds game for the "pregame festivities." I can definitely say that!!!

Placing Highlands in 6A would have made for a great football season. Highlands, Male, Manual, St. X and Trinity (+ a couple of Lexington schools) all fighting for the 6A championship..... That sounds like a lot of very good competition to me....... Excellent road trips as well....

You"re probably right about that. The thread title mentioned Elite N. Ky programs but the question posed in the first post asked about which programs are headed in the right direction which is why some posters have mentioned other programs that aren't yet considered elite, but are definitely headed in the right direction.:thumb:

 

I really don't see any headed in the right direction anytime soon. I thought Ryle and Dixie were, but both have kinda stalled. The numbers are there for SK and Campbell in the future as long as no other schools are built. However, you have to develop the kids, and with over 70 players on the South Kenton Lions in the NKYFL, you know less than half are getting a majority of the playing time.

I really don't see any headed in the right direction anytime soon. I thought Ryle and Dixie were, but both have kinda stalled. The numbers are there for SK and Campbell in the future as long as no other schools are built. However, you have to develop the kids, and with over 70 players on the South Kenton Lions in the NKYFL, you know less than half are getting a majority of the playing time.

 

That's why Highlands is successful. Everyone gets divided up and there are several kids that get to play quarterback, running back, etc. when middle and high school come, there are many to choose from. I believe that this makes a better program in the end. Argue all you want, but until the Birds don't win anymore, I am right.

^ The other 3 schools mentioned on here do not have youth programs like FTJFL so how do they do it?

^ The other 3 schools mentioned on here do not have youth programs like FTJFL so how do they do it?

 

Its called transfers. How many Cov Cath, Beechwood, NCC kids have played in some youth program. I can tell you right now, many NCC players have played in FTJFL because they live in Ft Thomas. Nothing wrong with that. The program is for Ft Thomas residents of any school. Just nice to see the products from that league are making for 2 great programs. Go Birds and Breds!!!

I like where Boone Co. is going, year in and year out they are competitive, but dont get much credit.

I like where Boone Co. is going, year in and year out they are competitive, but dont get much credit.

 

You're right. They are kinda like the Indy Colts. They are undefeated but all we hear about is those cheating Patriots!

I like where Boone Co. is going, year in and year out they are competitive, but dont get much credit.

 

Be an interesting year next year for BC with Farris and Duece and Bogle gone. Kind of a good test to see if they can sustain the level of play from the last few years.

Its called transfers. How many Cov Cath, Beechwood, NCC kids have played in some youth program. I can tell you right now, many NCC players have played in FTJFL because they live in Ft Thomas. Nothing wrong with that. The program is for Ft Thomas residents of any school. Just nice to see the products from that league are making for 2 great programs. Go Birds and Breds!!!

 

I thought anybody could play in the FTJFL. Am i wrong!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.