Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elite Programs in NKY

Featured Replies

OK elite programs:

 

 

Highlands

Beechwood

NCC

CovCath

 

These programs have done it over the years and it different eras.

 

 

This year maybe the term should be who has played at or above their potential............For example Dayton......you can't say an elite program but you can say an "elite" season. Two years ago Bellevue had an "elite" season. Last year I feel Dayton had an "elite" season as well. Ludlow has had 2 elite seasons in the past 4 years. None of these are elite programs as they tend to "fall quickly" due to being such small schools and the cyclical nature of the talent.

Also I feel Ryle had an "elite" season last year but they are not an elite program.

 

Well stated. :thumb: I guess we could say that SK had an "elite" freshman season this year.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax Francis

 

I think you need to go back and see who tdy's really rooting for.

 

to quote the movie "Stripes" accurately, its "Lighten up Francis!" But thanks for calming me down, I needed that. I just get a little worked up when someone tries to make a dynasty out of one good season.

OK elite programs:

 

 

Highlands

Beechwood

NCC

CovCath

 

These programs have done it over the years and it different eras.

 

 

This year maybe the term should be who has played at or above their potential............For example Dayton......you can't say an elite program but you can say an "elite" season. Two years ago Bellevue had an "elite" season. Last year I feel Dayton had an "elite" season as well. Ludlow has had 2 elite seasons in the past 4 years. None of these are elite programs as they tend to "fall quickly" due to being such small schools and the cyclical nature of the talent.

Also I feel Ryle had an "elite" season last year but they are not an elite program.

 

Here are some state numbers: Out of 221 schools listed by number of boys reported this yr, Beechwood is 195th(169 boys), Ludlow 200th(158 boys), Dayton 204th(147 boys) and Bellevue 207th(140 boys). My point here is that these are all small schools, lets quit using this as an excuse. Beechwood competes every yr w/low numbers. I just get tired of hearing "we are a small school," so what, play the game and do things to get better.:fire:

Here are some state numbers: Out of 221 schools listed by number of boys reported this yr, Beechwood is 195th(169 boys), Ludlow 200th(158 boys), Dayton 204th(147 boys) and Bellevue 207th(140 boys). My point here is that these are all small schools, lets quit using this as an excuse. Beechwood competes every yr w/low numbers. I just get tired of hearing "we are a small school," so what, play the game and do things to get better.:fire:

 

I want to know how many boys Highlands has. Then tell me what the cut off is for 3, 4, and 5A. I think that could silence some critics that say the small schools can't do it. I would say that Highlands does not have over 500 boys, maybe around 400.

to quote the movie "Stripes" accurately, its "Lighten up Francis!" But thanks for calming me down, I needed that. I just get a little worked up when someone tries to make a dynasty out of one good season.

 

Isn't that what Highlands has done 16 times.:laugh::laugh:

Here are some state numbers: Out of 221 schools listed by number of boys reported this yr, Beechwood is 195th(169 boys), Ludlow 200th(158 boys), Dayton 204th(147 boys) and Bellevue 207th(140 boys). My point here is that these are all small schools, lets quit using this as an excuse. Beechwood competes every yr w/low numbers. I just get tired of hearing "we are a small school," so what, play the game and do things to get better.:fire:

 

But when they loose to a bigger school we hear about how the other team should win because they are a bigger school. That keeps them from being on the same level as Highlands in my opinion.

But when they loose to a bigger school we hear about how the other team should win because they are a bigger school. That keeps them from being on the same level as Highlands in my opinion.

 

 

and I agree but they don't get beat very often by the BIGGER schools.

Isn't that what Highlands has done 16 times.:laugh::laugh:

 

That is true. Maybe its just that Highlands is so successful, being as they ARE 5th in the country for most wins ever, WE ARE THE TEAM THAT EVERYONE LOVES TO HATE! It's OK, no hard feelings. To quote, " Don't hate the playa, hate the game." Instead of getting so upset about how the Kingdom is run, try and dethrone the king.

I want to know how many boys Highlands has. Then tell me what the cut off is for 3, 4, and 5A. I think that could silence some critics that say the small schools can't do it. I would say that Highlands does not have over 500 boys, maybe around 400.

 

 

Didn't find the cut off numbers but HHS reported having 395 boys. Conner has the most w/821.

Does anyone have the breakdown of how many boys determine which division you play in and how many Highlands have? Just curious.

Didn't find the cut off numbers but HHS reported having 395 boys. Conner has the most w/821.

 

What are the cutoff numbers for each division? Think its in KHSAA website somewhere?

What are the cutoff numbers for each division? Think its in KHSAA website somewhere?

 

Good luck finding it, I looked in tournament rules where it has the teams listed by class but no numbers.

Good luck finding it, I looked in tournament rules where it has the teams listed by class but no numbers.

 

Man, that is rough that we gotta dig so far for something that should be so obvious!!!!!!!

What are the cutoff numbers for each division? Think its in KHSAA website somewhere?
I believe, they are listed somewhere.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.