Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elite Programs in NKY

Featured Replies

I thought anybody could play in the FTJFL. Am i wrong!!!

 

No.

 

Teams have kids from Ft. Thomas, Southgate, Bellevue, Alexandria, Cold Spring, Silver Grove, Newport, Dayton. etc

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, elite means teams year in and year out that can compete for state titles. So, I agree with some other posters that Beechwood, NewCath, CovCath and Highlands are the 4 elite teams in NKY in their classes. CovCath is down a bit this year but they are coming on strong as the playoffs approach. The 3 other teams are probably favored to win titles in 2007.

if highlands wanted to couldn't they play 6-a? and before you put boone in this group check out their freshmen and j.v teams ,very weak.

if highlands wanted to couldn't they play 6-a? and before you put boone in this group check out their freshmen and j.v teams ,very weak.

 

Teams just can't play at any level they want to.

 

You must ask and you basically must have a very good reason such as there are no district teams anywhere near you.

 

Also you cannot overload a district and you cannot leave a district with less than 4 teams.

 

IMO even if Highlands asked to move to 6A it would have been denied because that would mean a 6 team district. And with another new school set to open next year (Cooper High) it wouldn't be granted in the future either.

Teams just can't play at any level they want to.

 

You must ask and you basically must have a very good reason such as there are no district teams anywhere near you.

 

Also you cannot overload a district and you cannot leave a district with less than 4 teams.

 

IMO even if Highlands asked to move to 6A it would have been denied because that would mean a 6 team district. And with another new school set to open next year (Cooper High) it wouldn't be granted in the future either.

 

And don't forget that Highlands is already playing 2 classes higher. Based on the student population, I believe they fall into the 3A class.

Lloyd was heading in the right direction then all of a sudden it turned to disaster. Hopefully they will find a new coach that will get them turned around. I think Coach Lucas and his staff did the best they could do with the situation at hand. Lloyd has alot of good athletic talent and some good under classman on the way. The Senior team at the Lions are undefeated and playing for the Super Bowl on Saturday, the midget team is 8 and 1 and also playing for a Super Bowl on Saturday. So there are some bright spots ahead and only time will tell. I wish them well. JD

 

I agree that Lloyd has the talent in the current under classmen and LIONS seniors to make a nice run once the coaching situation is resolved.Last years freshmen team beat New Cath, Beechwood and Newport. combine that with some fine juiniors and the in comimg freshmen class things could be good in Erlanger for years to come once the coach is selected.

To me, elite means teams year in and year out that can compete for state titles. So, I agree with some other posters that Beechwood, NewCath, CovCath and Highlands are the 4 elite teams in NKY in their classes. CovCath is down a bit this year but they are coming on strong as the playoffs approach. The 3 other teams are probably favored to win titles in 2007.

 

I agree. Other than those four, it's hard to argue the "elite" status of anyone else in NKY.

And don't forget that Highlands is already playing 2 classes higher. Based on the student population, I believe they fall into the 3A class.

 

Correct

If Look what happens to them when they play the big shots from across the river, they can't beat them so why would you think they can beat the Louis power houses.

 

 

 

 

IMO The Louisville teams don't even compare to the GCL south.

Be an interesting year next year for BC with Farris and Duece and Bogle gone. Kind of a good test to see if they can sustain the level of play from the last few years.

 

Yea your right, it will be interesting to watch them next year with all that talent gone. I think they will bounce back though.

Elite means the best. As far as programs, that is set up to sound like consistent sucess, year in and year out, with few to no down years. There are only 4 elite programs in NKY. In the order I see them.

 

Highlands

Beechwood

Cov. Cath

NCC

 

Now if we are talking elite teams, it is a different story.

IMO The Louisville teams don't even compare to the GCL south.

 

I agree with you on this one.

And don't forget that Highlands is already playing 2 classes higher. Based on the student population, I believe they fall into the 3A class.

 

In my book Highlands football is the defiinition of the word elit.In the seventies Ashlands Coach Conley Patterened his teams as close as possible to be like Highlands.We were not ask to get bure haircuts but most of us did anyway,Conley was a very successfull coach thru the seventies.I wished the Tomcats could have had the honor to have played Highlands in 1971-1972.I do know training and practices were much harder then playing a game.

The dedication to play football two classes higher shows the Bluebirds attitude of playing the game .:thumb:

In addition to the "usuals" of Highlands, Beechwood, NCC and CovCath, I think Holmes and Dayton are headed in the right direction. Bellevue at times seems to be on the right track as do Boone, Ryle and Campbell County then all of a sudden, things go goofy. I thought Lloyd was, but now I'm not so sure. Newport has lost major momentum. Dixie up until the beginning of this year seemed to be an elite team, but then floundered. Over the last couple of games, they've seemed to right the ship. If they can beat CovCath and Highlands back to back, then they are definitely headed in the right direction. If they lose to CovCath, with all the seniors on the Dixie team and the preseason hype given to them, the ship may be considered dead in the water. Not moving backwards, but certainly not moving forward. If they beat CovCath and then lose to Highlands in a close game, then I would consider them to have been moving in the right direction.

 

Holmes??? Dayton??? I am a Holmes fan but I am also realistic. I know why you think they will be so great and it's because they have a Highlands guy at the helm. And Dayton? I don't understand that at all. But they did beat Holmes in the "pillow fight of the year."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.