Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 82 Carleton 48 Exhibition

Featured Replies

I did not see the game however, very impressed with the score and UofL opponent has been getting very good press around the country since they started playing exhibition games last week. Look for Louisville to be in top 5 and final four material. JD

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he wasn't in a great mood but did he do his dance after the game? That would've been worth the price of admission...

Carlton.jpg

Where is Carleton located?

 

Isn't he a doorman in front of Rhoda's building?

I'm sure he wasn't in a great mood but did he do his dance after the game? That would've been worth the price of admission...

 

I'll be honest, that was the only thing I saw in my head every time the announcers said the name. The skies opened up, Tom Jones began to sing and there was happiness everywhere.

Not only that, they'd already played Villanova (loss), Illinois (OT loss) and Alabama (win) last month before coming to Louisville. They play Boston College and Providence both this weekend.

 

Didn't practice for everyone start on October 12? How were those teams playing exhibition games last month? I didn't know that was an option -- September games? Why don't more teams take advantage of that for synergy purposes?

Didn't practice for everyone start on October 12? How were those teams playing exhibition games last month? I didn't know that was an option -- September games? Why don't more teams take advantage of that for synergy purposes?

 

 

Not sure why more don't do it, but here is an article from September 6th. It's about USC playing exhibition games in Mexico that weekend.

 

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=3007050

Didn't practice for everyone start on October 12? How were those teams playing exhibition games last month? I didn't know that was an option -- September games? Why don't more teams take advantage of that for synergy purposes?

That's a good question, the Illinois game was back at the end of August as well. If I had to guess I would say it has something to do with them being from Canada and not a part of the NCAA but who knows.

  • Author

I thought they looked a bit sluggish the first half, but good, which is to be expected since this was the first game for the Cards and Carleton had 7+games under their belt. But the second half the Cards overwhelmed them with their athletic ability, post players, and depth. If the defensive press gets alot better and the foul shooting gets better this Cards team could be special.

  • Author
Louisville should be really good. I'd say top 5 good.

They return their top 7 scorers...add some nice newcomers...shaping up for a banner year for the Cards.

As long as they can keep that chemistry going and stay healthy. If the team can overcome the Williams/Smith incident, seemingly they have, they should be OK and hanging around deep into March.

I have a hard time thinking that incident actually happened, they slapped five several times in the game, and everyone seemed to work as a team so if it happened it seems to have little ill effect at least last night.
I have a hard time thinking that incident actually happened, they slapped five several times in the game, and everyone seemed to work as a team so if it happened it seems to have little ill effect at least last night.

 

It happened...

It happened...

 

I believe it.

Louisville's Padgett perfect in exhibition rout

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/10/30/bc.bkc.carleton.louisville.ap/index.html

 

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- David Padgett scored 18 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead Louisville to a 82-49 win over Carleton University in an exhibition on Monday at Freedom Hall.

 

Padgett made all seven of his field goal attempts for the Cardinals, who blew open the game in the second half.

 

Derrick Caracter had 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Cardinals, a week after coach Rick Pitino said he doubted Caracter would play in either of the team's exhibitions due to weight issues.

 

Caracter, who needed to get down to 270 pounds in order to play, appeared to be in pretty good shape in shooting 7-of-11 from the floor and 7-of-9 from the free-throw line. He capped the night with a thunderous breakaway dunk in the final seconds.

Man, Caracter had 21? If he and Padgett stay healthy that helps us TONS.

It happened...

 

What are you guys talking about? I missed something.

I agree with Pitino in the C-J today. The guards need get much, much tougher in the half-court D. There is a lot of time to get this done, however.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.