Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov Cath 24 Holmes 0

Featured Replies

Holmes put up 33 on Dixie. You got to give CCH defense some credit. I will admit that the QB was very good, but he had 15 carries for 10 yards. He got hit hard early and kept limping off the field. Holmes is a very improved team. CCH has kept two good QB's in check (BW's and Holmes QB) so at what point is NKY going to give them respect.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes put up 33 on Dixie. You got to give CCH defense some credit. I will admit that the QB was very good, but he had 15 carries for 10 yards. He got hit hard early and kept limping off the field. Holmes is a very improved team. CCH has kept two good QB's in check (BW's and Holmes QB) so at what point is nky going to give them

respec.

 

I think you have to understand that unless CovCath wins more games than they lose, the respect will not come. If you are new to CovCath football, that is called tradition and the tradition is that winning just three games in a season, isn't considered a good season. I know that that is hard to swallow as a current CovCath fan, but that is just the way it is....

[/b]

 

I think you have to understand that unless CovCath wins more games than they lose, the respect will not come. If you are new to CovCath football, that is called tradition and the tradition is that winning just three games in a season, isn't considered a good season. I know that that is hard to swallow as a current CovCath fan, but that is just the way it is....

 

CC is a young team playing a brutal schedule, IMO the toughest in NKY football by far. I think they will be a much better team for it next season and it will make them possibly advance into the postseason this year...

No reason to throw that pass. Game was over. Under 2 to go and Holmes had one TO remaining...take a couple of dives into the line and call it a night.

CCH hadn't thrown ball much in second half period, yet throws a deep slant for 6 that late up three scores?

What goes around comes around. If getting a cheap six that way makes you feel better in doing so, then so be it...

I don't know if Coach Lickert was upset or not, but I would file that one away for future use...

Didn't need to be done, but CCH chose to do so.

I give you credit oldguy, you are one of the biggest homers for CCH on here, and you are correct in saying it was a poor choice by CCH staff.

If the oldguy is saying it was cheap, then you know it had to be really cheap/bush.

 

CCH did a nice job containing Holmes, particularly in second half. CCH definitely had the field position won in second half.

Holmes had a great opportunity to cut 10-0 lead to 10-6 or 7...on a 4th down play, they leaked back out and rolled right and threw back across field...kid was wide open with no one between him and end zone but pass was too long. That was Holmes's last real threat late in 3rd.

Buckley looked pretty good, but I thought Holmes's defense gave them a chance...bend but didn't break throughout...CCH just kept pounding a swung field position in second half.

Weak by Brossart. Didn't throw a slant the entire game and wants to get his QB work? Please. Less than 1:30 left, Holmes with 1 timeout remaining, just went 4 and out 90 yards away from a TD. WEAK!!!

 

Proud of those Holmes kids. They played hard from start to finish. Hopefully they finish strong...

Congrats to CovCath for the win. As expected by most folks, the blue Colonels have improved considerably and are continuing to improve. Having Bucky back is only make things better. Sounds like the D played another very good game.

 

Congrats also to Holmes. I'm sure it didn't end the way you wanted, but it sounds like it was a close game. Keep working hard. The trip to the playoffs will come: if not this year then next.

Holmes put up 33 on Dixie. You got to give CCH defense some credit. I will admit that the QB was very good, but he had 15 carries for 10 yards. He got hit hard early and kept limping off the field. Holmes is a very improved team. CCH has kept two good QB's in check (BW's and Holmes QB) so at what point is NKY going to give them respect.

I don't know how long you've been a Colonel fan, doesn't sound like very long, but the barometer for success is not 24 point win over Holmes and a 7 point win over Beechwood. The bar is set against Dixie and Highlands and those two teams put up 72 on the Colonels D. You're looking for respect because Holmes put up 33 on Dixie and QB Miller had a hip pointer. Please.

Sir, as I said, I am a straight shooter and I think you know that, what I saw at around 6:15pm was Isler slip while trying to punt the ball, and that was it. BTW Holmes just might have won the game IMO if the game was played at CovCath on a firm and fast field. Trust me, while the field while not muddy it was slippery and the footing IMO was not great, especially round the 50 and the end away from the school.....

What's up Oldguy? Let me be more clear. Isler WAS out there practicing punting before the game; I get that. I feel the reason was so Holmes would think he was playing, hence the "Fake Out" comment. I hate when coaches try to mask injuries before games. Isler could hardly walk and they have him out punting. I heard he was still on crutches on Thursday. He was never going to play and it was not a team doctor decision because field conditions. Maybe it really worked. Lickert sees Isler out there punting and then goes in and changes the defensive game plan right before the game and then Brossart throws the two headed monster Schulte and Furnish at them. It was genious.

If I was Holmes, I would be more upset that CCH's defensive coordinator did not let them score.

What position does he play? I don't remember him being on the field.

Hardly subtle. See ya Nov. 9. Maybe!

 

 

Oh I knew some would catch it but not the masses.

By the way, it was a perfect pass as he hit his man in stride.

 

Regardless of the situation, congrats to Justin Schulte. He's in the books now.

Actually the TD pass was with about 1:41 left in the game, and in my opinion, it was uncalled for.....CovCath should have just had their QB go to his knee to end the game.

 

 

I agree. IMO it was just an attempt to make the game appear to have been a blow out. Which it was not!

What's up Oldguy? Let me be more clear. Isler WAS out there practicing punting before the game; I get that. I feel the reason was so Holmes would think he was playing, hence the "Fake Out" comment. I hate when coaches try to mask injuries before games. Isler could hardly walk and they have him out punting. I heard he was still on crutches on Thursday. He was never going to play and it was not a team doctor decision because field conditions. Maybe it really worked. Lickert sees Isler out there punting and then goes in and changes the defensive game plan right before the game and then Brossart throws the two headed monster Schulte and Furnish at them. It was genious.

 

 

This couldnt be farther from the plan. Isler has a bone bruise and with this it was mostly up to him and the team doctor whether or not he would play. As always pain indicates irritation to the already weak bone. With the slip at midfield im sure it became even more irritated. Isler was not oging to play the whole game. He did, however, have the possibility to go in for a few series. It was completely a game time decision.

Regardless of the situation, congrats to Justin Schulte. He's in the books now.

 

I think his first TD pass came in the Scott game. Schulte looked pretty good in the game, besides a few botched snaps. I think that TD pass to Cason at the end of the game was NOT to run up the score. Coach B isnt that kind of coach. He wanted Schulte to gain some confidence going into next week, if he has to end up starting next week he needs a confident QB.

Isler didnt even practice all week, so I would say that they had their dicision made up before Friday if he was going to play QB or not. The reason for the punting was to see if we would be able to, or not, obviously he wasnt ready. Great game by CCH's D, they came ready to play.

Congrads to CCH for making the playoffs, great win!!

This couldnt be farther from the plan. Isler has a bone bruise and with this it was mostly up to him and the team doctor whether or not he would play. As always pain indicates irritation to the already weak bone. With the slip at midfield im sure it became even more irritated. Isler was not oging to play the whole game. He did, however, have the possibility to go in for a few series. It was completely a game time decision.

 

Thank you for backing me up on this one. That was the plan. They had another plan that they used and it worked out nicely. Cantstop85 can,t understand that. BTW Cantstop85, the TD pass was a slant, not a screen. I don't think CCH threw a slant all night long. So why not see if your second team QB can throw it in a game situation.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.