Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov Cath 24 Holmes 0

Featured Replies

It's more embarrassing to the team to take a knee on the 10. Bring in your subs and run the ball. Schulte had the entire game to work on that play. Left the field covering my face before the game was over. Biggest in your face I've ever seen in person.

 

Might have been CCH's last chance for glory until the playoffs, as their last two will be against Ohio teams including # 2 in the nation??

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have been CCH's last chance for glory until the playoffs, as their last two will be against Ohio teams including # 2 in the nation??

Louisville St. X, not Ohio. Not much better though. That is also their senior night. UGLY.

What were the circumstances on the TD pass? 2:45 seems like a fair amount of time to go.

 

I did not think it was a big deal. CCH had a kid at QB that has not had much playing time all year. The starter is on the bench with a banged up knee. Let the kid go out and play football. He needs the experience in case he is called on in the future. By the way, it was a perfect pass as he hit his man in stride.

Also, Buckley looked very good tonight. The Furnish/Shulte QB combo was a little slow to start the game but seemed to get going in the second half. Isler dressed and even threw and punted before the game but did not play. I would think he be good to go next week.

 

Isler punted the ball once in warms, up but slipped at the 50 and that was it. The field while not muddy but was slippery and both teams were having a hard time with the footing during the game.

Isler punted the ball once in warms, up but slipped at the 50 and that was it. The field while not muddy but was slippery and both teams were having a hard time with the footing during the game.

You mean to tell me that Isler is out with a knee injury and practices punting the ball and falls down??? Sounds like a fake job. You can't make this stuff up if you try.

I did not think it was a big deal. CCH had a kid at QB that has not had much playing time all year. The starter is on the bench with a banged up knee. Let the kid go out and play football. He needs the experience in case he is called on in the future. By the way, it was a perfect pass as he hit his man in stride.

 

Up 17 to nothing with 1:41 left in a rather close game to that point, with the starters still in the game, I think it was uncalled for....Now understand, I am as big as a fan of CovCath as there is, but........it was the perfect time for the QB to take a knee. Yes I understand the QB and the lack of experence but.....with 1:41 left you don't rub mud into the other teams face. The QB should have taken the knee......

You mean to tell me that Isler is out with a knee injury and practices punting the ball and falls down??? Sounds like a fake job. You can't make this stuff up if you try.

 

Trust me sir, and you know I am a straight shooter......it happen tonight on the 50 yard line....during practice. No fake job at all......

I did not think it was a big deal. CCH had a kid at QB that has not had much playing time all year. The starter is on the bench with a banged up knee. Let the kid go out and play football. He needs the experience in case he is called on in the future. By the way, it was a perfect pass as he hit his man in stride.

There are situations where you don't pass the ball and this was a perfect example. If these coaches needed Schulte to work on a screen, maybe they could have done it on the first drive of the second half when they sent a kid in the game without the play for Furnish and Coach B told Schulte the play but did not send him into the game and they had to burn a time out. Then they have two men in motion and take a 5 yard penalty.

You mean to tell me that Isler is out with a knee injury and practices punting the ball and falls down??? Sounds like a fake job. You can't make this stuff up if you try.

 

You are way off on this one. The decision to play Isler was to be a game time decision. One concern was the field condition. Once he slipped, decision was made by team doctor. No theater, just good medical advice.

Up 17 to nothing with 1:41 left in a rather close game to that point, with the starters still in the game, I think it was uncalled for....Now understand, I am as big as a fan of CovCath as there is, but........it was the perfect time for the QB to take a knee. Yes I understand the QB and the lack of experence but.....with 1:41 left you don't rub mud into the other teams face. The QB should have taken the knee......

It was the perfect time to get somone like Delgow into the game and run the ball four times and maybe get his first varsity TD. You don't throw the ball with all of the starters in the game up 17 against a down team the probably just got knocked out of the playoffs and just turned the ball over on downs on their own 10. I've never seen it before, and I hope I never see it again. Especially from a program like CovCath that prides itself on it's class. Can't take pride for that anymore. That horse is out of the barn for a while.

There are situations where you don't pass the ball and this was a perfect example. If these coaches needed Schulte to work on a screen, maybe they could have done it on the first drive of the second half when they sent a kid in the game without the play for Furnish and Coach B told Schulte the play but did not send him into the game and they had to burn a time out. Then they have two men in motion and take a 5 yard penalty.

 

I agree with you if it is your starting QB. The backup QB needs as much playing time and CONFIDENCE as he can get. CCH had proven that they could run the ball.

You are way off on this one. The decision to play Isler was to be a game time decision. One concern was the field condition. Once he slipped, decision was made by team doctor. No theater, just good medical advice.

Nice try. You've got to be kidding me. You think people are going to believe that a team doctor is going to decide that a field that had a tarp on it all week is too wet for a kid that could hardly walk to play on so they decided to go with Schulte and Furnish instead? By the way, I'm betting that Kremcheck was still in in the locker room taping people when Isler went down. I don't remember too many people slipping due to the field conditions.

Nice try. You've got to be kidding me. You think people are going to believe that a team doctor is going to decide that a field that had a tarp on it all week is too wet for a kid that could hardly walk to play on so they decided to go with Schulte and Furnish instead? By the way, I'm betting that Kremcheck was still in in the locker room taping people when Isler went down. I don't remember too many people slipping due to the field conditions.

 

Sir, as I said, I am a straight shooter and I think you know that, what I saw at around 6:15pm was Isler slip while trying to punt the ball, and that was it. BTW Holmes just might have won the game IMO if the game was played at CovCath on a firm and fast field. Trust me, while the field while not muddy it was slippery and the footing IMO was not great, especially round the 50 and the end away from the school.....

If I was Holmes, I would be more upset that CCH's defensive coordinator did not let them score.

If I was Holmes, I would be more upset that CCH's defensive coordinator did not let them score.

 

 

While CovCath did a good job in stopping Holmes, there were a couple of plays that if Holmes had been successful, the game just might have been a whole lot closer. Holmes just couldn't seem to make the big play on a couple of plays that were there for the taking....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.