Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov Cath 24 Holmes 0

Featured Replies

All is fair in love and war. Everyone is preparing for the playoffs and what happens, happens. As I might be comparing apples and oranges but do you think in college they care about running the score up? Maybe CCH shouldn't have thrown but everyone talks about scoring w/a run, so what is the difference?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for backing me up on this one. That was the plan. They had another plan that they used and it worked out nicely. Cantstop85 can,t understand that. BTW Cantstop85, the TD pass was a slant, not a screen. I don't think CCH threw a slant all night long. So why not see if your second team QB can throw it in a game situation.

I can't believe I wrote screen. I certainly meant slant. Here's my point one last time. Holmes had pretty much laid down with the running play up the middle on 4th and long. There is a gentleman's agreement that when I lay down, you lay down. The coaches for Holmes did not think for a second that CovCath would run a slant there. I'm sure that is what they are most upset about. What good is it completing that pass if you're running it against a defense that is not setup to defend it. No different than running it in practice. Any team could work on things when the game is in hand with 1:43 to go. There are unwritten rules and that pass broke one of the biggest ones. I've coached at this level. It's just not done.

  • Author
So why not see if your second team QB can throw it in a game situation.
If it was the second team in there, I see nothing at all wrong with it. Good teams take every opportunity they are afforded to improve. And a team heading into the playoffs needs to know that it can execute in any situation.
I can't believe I wrote screen. I certainly meant slant. Here's my point one last time. Holmes had pretty much laid down with the running play up the middle on 4th and long. There is a gentleman's agreement that when I lay down, you lay down. The coaches for Holmes did not think for a second that CovCath would run a slant there. I'm sure that is what they are most upset about. What good is it completing that pass if you're running it against a defense that is not setup to defend it. No different than running it in practice. Any team could work on things when the game is in hand with 1:43 to go. There are unwritten rules and that pass broke one of the biggest ones. I've coached at this level. It's just not done.

 

1. Why wouldnt Holmes just punt the ball 4th and 15 on their own 12. I bet if they would have punted CCH would have ran the clock out. If they ran a usless play, why not punt??? So, they were def. trying to move the football.

2. You have no idea if Holmes was ready for that or not, and if they were not it's bad coaching on their part. But you cannot say that they were not ready.

3. They were only up by 17 it's not like they killed them or anything, I just dont know what the big deal is. It boosted the confidence of Schulte for the great throw, Cason on the catch, the O-line for good protection, and everyone else because of the score.

Wow do I have a bad memory. I correct myself. Sorry, up 35-0 against Scott and Coach B called for an onside kick. Then threw a TD pass up 42-0.

 

I do agree with you about the onside kick against Scott. I don't agree about last nights TD pass. There is a difference between 35-0 and 17-0 and between a normal play and a trick play. I also remember some of the same people who did not have a problem with the onside kick that now have a problem with the TD pass. This was not you, but some of the Highlands/Lickert faithful.

Holmes put up 33 on Dixie. You got to give CCH defense some credit. I will admit that the QB was very good, but he had 15 carries for 10 yards. He got hit hard early and kept limping off the field. Holmes is a very improved team. CCH has kept two good QB's in check (BW's and Holmes QB) so at what point is NKY going to give them respect.

 

Thats easy, when they stop Cecil and Highlands. :D

Thats easy, when they stop Cecil and Highlands. :D

 

 

Excellent...

Thats easy, when they stop Cecil and Highlands. :D

 

So, no one in NKY or in the state for that matter deserves any respect by that logic....

I can't believe I wrote screen. I certainly meant slant. Here's my point one last time. Holmes had pretty much laid down with the running play up the middle on 4th and long. There is a gentleman's agreement that when I lay down, you lay down. The coaches for Holmes did not think for a second that CovCath would run a slant there. I'm sure that is what they are most upset about. What good is it completing that pass if you're running it against a defense that is not setup to defend it. No different than running it in practice. Any team could work on things when the game is in hand with 1:43 to go. There are unwritten rules and that pass broke one of the biggest ones. I've coached at this level. It's just not done.

 

Holmes laid down by going for it on 4th down deep in their own territory rather than by punting...hmmmmm....

 

There are unwritten rules when a team is up 17 with their backup QB in????????

Holmes laid down by going for it on 4th down deep in their own territory rather than by punting...hmmmmm....

 

There are unwritten rules when a team is up 17 with their backup QB in????????

Every player in the game when they passed for that TD started the game. The draw up the middle was a safe, let's not fumble, get a punt blocked or get an INT returned. You're darn right they were laying down. If you ever get the opportunity ask Coach Lickert and post his answer.

Every player in the game when they passed for that TD started the game. The draw up the middle was a safe, let's not fumble, get a punt blocked or get an INT returned. You're darn right they were laying down. If you ever get the opportunity ask Coach Lickert and post his answer.

 

The quarterback was sacked on the play and the WR's were running routes; that is not a draw up the middle.

 

If the game is over, why worry about a blocked punt or INT; when teams concede, from peewee to the NFL, they punt the football.

 

In my humble opinion, Coach Lickert was trying to instill a "never say die" attitude with his players, which I admire him for.

Thats easy, when they stop Cecil and Highlands. :D

 

Not going to happen this year b/c I think Dale might blow them out if he gets a chance in the playoff to help Coach Lickert get back at Coach Brossart for that "classy" ending last night. Also if that game happens Coach Lickert will be the honorary cannon puller.:fight:

The quarterback was sacked on the play and the WR's were running routes; that is not a draw up the middle.

 

If the game is over, why worry about a blocked punt or INT; when teams concede, from peewee to the NFL, they punt the football.

 

In my humble opinion, Coach Lickert was trying to instill a "never say die" attitude with his players, which I admire him for.

We agree Lickert has and deserves tremendous respect. I'll follow his lead on this one as he was as mad as I've ever seen a coach at Brossart. Are you saying he's wrong?

We agree Lickert has and deserves tremendous respect. I'll follow his lead on this one as he was as mad as I've ever seen a coach at Brossart. Are you saying he's wrong?

 

Coach Lickert has done and will continue to do an excellent job; yes, he was very, very mad.

 

In my opinion, he is wrong; 24 points is no where near a blowout; he had just been trying to keep the drive going and score himself, so he had not conceded the game; Coach Brossart was trying to have his QB do something positive if he needs him in the upcoming weeks (the passing game had been minimal at best at that point).

 

I understand you disagree; I guess we'll have to accept each other's opinion.

Not going to happen this year b/c I think Dale might blow them out if he gets a chance in the playoff to help Coach Lickert get back at Coach Brossart for that "classy" ending last night. Also if that game happens Coach Lickert will be the honorary cannon puller.:fight:

 

Oh, the irony.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.