Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Pitino be able to coach this year?

Featured Replies

Having sat close to Pitino for a few basketball games, I don't know how he's going to be able to stay in a ballgame this year if this is enforced.

 

 

NCAA

Do they have a list of words you can't say?

 

I think they'll use George Carlin's list. ;)

Horrible rules....................

Having sat close to Pitino for a few basketball games, I don't know how he's going to be able to stay in a ballgame this year if this is enforced.

 

 

NCAA

 

 

Will any coach be able to do their job?

I think the new "rule" is great. There are ways to show/communicate displeasure to an official about a call. Also, there is no reason for a coach to be on the floor during play. The one coach that will really struggle with this IMO is Rick Stansbury at Mississippi St. He is ALWAYS on the floor!!!!

One of the good things about having an all star coach like Pitino is that he will get away with this sort of thing, whereas others might not.

If this holds true for the NAIA - Happy Osborne will be thrown out of every game this year.

Why can't a coach stay in the box? Why do they need to be on the floor anyway? The floor should be for the players and officals not coaches, I bet the coach from Oregon or whoever it was that got hit by the offical last year wishes he had being more out of the way. IMO coaching should be done in practice, your players should know what to do in game situtations without being told what their every move in a game should be.

Having sat close to Pitino for a few basketball games, I don't know how he's going to be able to stay in a ballgame this year if this is enforced.

 

 

NCAA

 

Pitino will have trouble, but so will several coaches. Over the past few years, it seems that Pitino has "calmed down" and doesn't seem as hot headed as he was. (From the games I attended). I personally don't see what the big deal is with coaches getting up off the bench and doing their job. Sometimes coaches have to venture out so the players will pay attention and hear them. As I stated in another forum, referees should be the same as what we teach our players, they should be thick skinned and ignore what is going on from the sidelines and pay attention to what is happening on the ball court.

Cursing or venturing onto the court could draw college basketball coaches a quick technical foul this season.

 

Could is the key word in the story, I'll bet there aren't many officials with enough game to enforce this on Pitino or any other big time coach.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.