Will Pitino be able to coach this year?

LRCW

I think the new "rule" is great. There are ways to show/communicate displeasure to an official about a call. Also, there is no reason for a coach to be on the floor during play. The one coach that will really struggle with this IMO is Rick Stansbury at Mississippi St. He is ALWAYS on the floor!!!!

Why can't a coach stay in the box? Why do they need to be on the floor anyway? The floor should be for the players and officals not coaches, I bet the coach from Oregon or whoever it was that got hit by the offical last year wishes he had being more out of the way. IMO coaching should be done in practice, your players should know what to do in game situtations without being told what their every move in a game should be.

Having sat close to Pitino for a few basketball games, I don't know how he's going to be able to stay in a ballgame this year if this is enforced.

NCAA

Pitino will have trouble, but so will several coaches. Over the past few years, it seems that Pitino has "calmed down" and doesn't seem as hot headed as he was. (From the games I attended). I personally don't see what the big deal is with coaches getting up off the bench and doing their job. Sometimes coaches have to venture out so the players will pay attention and hear them. As I stated in another forum, referees should be the same as what we teach our players, they should be thick skinned and ignore what is going on from the sidelines and pay attention to what is happening on the ball court.