Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

I thought the Birds moved the ball well around the perimiter and got some nice looks. The birds led the game from start and till about the 3 minute mark in the 4th quarter the Cats made their run. #41 Zack Smith the big fella made two key baskets that put PC in the lead. I thought the Cats did a nice job shutting down the Birds point guard and only allowing 4 Birds in the scorebook. PC played 10 with 7 getting in the scorebook. Scoring as follows;

Monroe (17) Harper (6) Smith (4) Strong (3) Moore (2) Appelman (2) and Gibson (2). Pyles, Colvin & Knight did not score but played well.

1 2 3 4th

PC 9 17 26 36

Birds 11 22 30 33

 

Thanks HoopDr for setting it all out there for us to see. It was not the best game I have seen the Cats play, but they battled back in the end, and I have to think the coach like that.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HHS 8th grade boys team demolished the Cats in the nightcap by 31 points. Team has shown steady improvement under the tutelage of Mike Vories.

  • Author
The HHS 8th grade boys team demolished the Cats in the nightcap by 31 points. Team has shown steady improvement under the tutelage of Mike Vories.

 

Glad to see the 8th grade Birds playing well. Mike is a great teacher of the game and keeps a very calm demeanor on the bench. Looking forward to having him next season.

  • Author
I thought the Birds moved the ball well around the perimiter and got some nice looks. The birds led the game from start and till about the 3 minute mark in the 4th quarter the Cats made their run. #41 Zack Smith the big fella made two key baskets that put PC in the lead. I thought the Cats did a nice job shutting down the Birds point guard and only allowing 4 Birds in the scorebook. PC played 10 with 7 getting in the scorebook. Scoring as follows;

Monroe (17) Harper (6) Smith (4) Strong (3) Moore (2) Appelman (2) and Gibson (2). Pyles, Colvin & Knight did not score but played well.

1 2 3 4th

PC 9 17 26 36

Birds 11 22 30 33

 

Nice breakdown HoopDR. We gotta get you a better cheat sheet though, I saw you scribbling in a tiny memo pad. :D

 

I thought keeping Dupont (PG) to zero points was key as he had a breakout game on Tuesday vs. Woodland. He played well last night just didnt get many good looks. Kept his turnovers to minimum which truly is all you ask of your PG. I liked the way the 6'1 Nick True boy played, he was playing aggressively and had a sweet hook shot in the lane late in the game. Goal for this kid is to turn into a beast by end of the year.

 

Holding the Birds to 4 kids in the book was key as they usually get 7-9 in there. Missing Collinsworth at the 3spot and Whitford subbing in at the 4 is hurting them. Also, key player this year David Christian has been sick for 5 days and he played a minute here and there but limited due to fatigue. I have seen Jackson Strong play much more aggressive than he did last night. I am sure True rejecting a couple shots early in the game may have played into that but he has a lot of upside and if he grows to be 6'4 or 6'5 will be a very good player.

 

Good luck to both teams. Birds have a full schedule next week. Mon- Conner (home), Tues- Holmes (home), Thurs Newport (Away) and Friday Summit View- (Home).

Somerset Meece Middle took 2 of 3 from Wayne County last night on the road. The 6th and 8th grade won while Wayne took the 7th grade game. The 6th grade team is now 6-0, the 7th grade team 4-2 and the 8th grade team 7-2.

Nice breakdown HoopDR. We gotta get you a better cheat sheet though, I saw you scribbling in a tiny memo pad. :D

 

 

That is my "handy dandy notebook" can't leave home without it.;)

I am too cheap to buy a PDA.

  • Author
That is my "handy dandy notebook" can't leave home without it.;)

I am too cheap to buy a PDA.

 

Well, Im with ya there on the PDA and I am also old school on the scratchin. Whatever works for ya, make sure you keep those in a safe place for the boy to look back on one day. Great stuff !!!!

Yes, Christian McClendon is in 7th grade. He is a grade exception for AAU 7th grade. I think the Tar Heels that played were 6th and 7th graders, not 7th and 8th. They didn't have a 7th grade team last year, only 5th and 6th. And, their starting guards from 5th grade were also their starting guards on 6th grade. When the current 7th grade Tar Heels were younger (3rd and 4th grade), McClendon was their best player but he didn't start at the end of last AAU season so it is nice to hear that he is playing better. And I believe he will go to Holmes.

 

I heard SK, but only time will tell..

  • Author
I heard SK, but only time will tell..

 

You would think McClendon would go to SK since he is at Summit View and its an SK feeder. But we all have seen this before :rolleyes:

Meece Middle (Somerset) goes to Corbin tomorrow night and plays Northern (Pulaski Co.) on Thursday.

  • Author
Meece Middle (Somerset) goes to Corbin tomorrow night and plays Northern (Pulaski Co.) on Thursday.

 

What team does Gover play for?

He's on the 7th grade team.

 

I am surprised he doesn't play for 8th as well. I know last year he played 6th and 7th grade.

I am surprised he doesn't play for 8th as well. I know last year he played 6th and 7th grade.

 

They've went to an unofficial one jersey rule. A few 6th graders have dressed for the 7th grade team due to suspensions/illness but otherwise everyone is only playing for 1 team. You are allowed to play up but if you play up you can't play for your grade.

They've went to an unofficial one jersey rule. A few 6th graders have dressed for the 7th grade team due to suspensions/illness but otherwise everyone is only playing for 1 team. You are allowed to play up but if you play up you can't play for your grade.

 

So, which team is Dishman playing for -- 6th or 7th?

 

And, while that unofficial rule may be good for some kids (meaning the ones that are playing more in 8th because 7th grade kids can't move up and take their spot), I think it hurts the better players. I know there are a lot of teams that have players play up. In fact, Harrison County only kept 7 8th graders because so many of the 7th graders play up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.