Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

Meece (Somerset) took 2 of 3 last night against Southern (Southwestern). The Meece 6th and 7th won easily and Southern's 8th grade put the game away early. Meece will play next Tuesday at home against Whitley Co.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Campbell County 7th purple beat Highlands by 11 tonight (52-41 I believe). It was the best game CC has played yet this year. They were up by as many as 20.

 

Congrats to the CC Purple boys for coming into Highlands and executing very well in their victory. We shut down McGovney's scoring in the first half but he did a great job of dumping the ball to his teamates for several assist. He accounted for virtually all of their points in the first half by either dumping or scoring. One thing I noticed about CC Purple is that they are well coached and they pass the ball well. Birds on the other hand didnt take care of the ball many times and couldnt put it in the hole. Having two key players out didnt help matters but not sure it would have mattered as it just was not the Birds' night. Thought the Birds could have made a couple runs to cut the lead late in the game but too many silly turnovers against the press.

  • Author
It is an 8th grade event with the 7th Wolfpack and Tar Heels playing up.

 

I am assuming the Wolfpack are rolling in this tourney. I was watching one of the Highlands' games last night and noticed several Wolfpack players shooting around and they are absolutely huge. I have never seen so many kids shoot up in size in one year. I have watched many of those boys play over the past 3 yrs and they are growing at a much faster rate than the Highlands kids. Whats the secret? ;) Growpup?

 

The Tar Heels group that is playing in the 8th grade division I heard from a reliable source is a mix of 7th and 8th graders.

Anyone know anything about the 13th region 8th grade tournament that is going to be held at Whitley Co? I know Hall Elementary School (Harlan) is going to be in it. I think Harlan Ind. 8th grade will be in it as well.

  • Author

I watched some of the 7th grade Wolfpack vs. 7/8th Tar Heels today at NKU. Tar Heels had em down 12-0 at one point. Tar Heels had some very athletic kids. McClendon is going to be a fine player, wonder where he will go to school? Holy Cross? Holmes? SK?

 

Final was something like 70-50 I thought, maybe AFI guy can give us more insight into this one. I didnt watcht the whole game just bits and pieces and was eyeballing the scoreboard from the other court where my son's game was going on.

I watched some of the 7th grade Wolfpack vs. 7/8th Tar Heels today at NKU. Tar Heels had em down 12-0 at one point. Tar Heels had some very athletic kids. McClendon is going to be a fine player, wonder where he will go to school? Holy Cross? Holmes? SK?

 

 

Is he currently a 7th grader?

Is he currently a 7th grader?

 

Yes, Christian McClendon is in 7th grade. He is a grade exception for AAU 7th grade. I think the Tar Heels that played were 6th and 7th graders, not 7th and 8th. They didn't have a 7th grade team last year, only 5th and 6th. And, their starting guards from 5th grade were also their starting guards on 6th grade. When the current 7th grade Tar Heels were younger (3rd and 4th grade), McClendon was their best player but he didn't start at the end of last AAU season so it is nice to hear that he is playing better. And I believe he will go to Holmes.

Does anyone know any of the players from the Wolfpack? Are they from all over No. KY?

  • Author
Yes, Christian McClendon is in 7th grade. He is a grade exception for AAU 7th grade. I think the Tar Heels that played were 6th and 7th graders, not 7th and 8th. They didn't have a 7th grade team last year, only 5th and 6th. And, their starting guards from 5th grade were also their starting guards on 6th grade. When the current 7th grade Tar Heels were younger (3rd and 4th grade), McClendon was their best player but he didn't start at the end of last AAU season so it is nice to hear that he is playing better. And I believe he will go to Holmes.

 

Its all confusing but the team that played the Wolfpack today was a group of 8th graders and the only 2 kids on that bench that I know are younger are Mclendon and Hatton. McClendon is in the 7th grade and has gotten probably 3 inches taller and a lot longer since I saw him last in August. He covers the floor very well and can get up and down. Hatton is a dead eye buzzard who can hit from NBA range anytime he wants, period. Hatton I understand was held back this year in the 6th grade. Why? Beats me, he can school some 8th graders. He is strong, has a great handle and looks like a schoolyard player out there sometimes with his moxy and shooting ability.

 

The group of Tar Heels that competed against 7th grade teams does consist of 6th graders. Hatton, yes is part of this group also and as you can imagine dominates. He had 29 against Highlands Sat. morning and must have nailed 5-6 3 pointers. Kid named Mccormick from Ohio is on that squad and Jalen Avery are the only ones I know. Jalen is a very good little player who has a great handle. These kids are not very tall but all fundamentally sound and play well together. James Pouncy has done a great job with all of these kids as well as their current coach Ryan Pernell. In fact I think Pernell has actually coached the younger group for a few years now and Pouncy moves them up to his squad many times. Suprised though to not see Pouncy on the sideline today, I hear he has a little one and does a ton of 9th region refereeing so time is probably not available like it used to be.

  • Author
Does anyone know any of the players from the Wolfpack? Are they from all over No. KY?

 

I know a few used to play with the Nets and are from Boone Co area. McGovney and Uebel are former KINGS players who live in Campbell Co. and I beleive Kunkel, Brown, Moeves are former NETS players. I saw another boy that used to play with the Pacers named Mays. He is a good shooter. Its basically an All Star team from NKY who should be playing Div 1 this year downstate. If they go D2 they could win State but I am sure Somerset will have something to say about that as they are the 2 time D2 defending champ.

 

Div 1 I think they can compete with Georgetown Thunder, Louisville Rising Stars, the other Louisville Team that won it last year, etc. Although I am getting reports that GTown Thunder have a 7th grader who is dunking in warmups. Wow :scared:

I know a few used to play with the Nets and are from Boone Co area. McGovney and Uebel are former KINGS players who live in Campbell Co. and I beleive Kunkel, Brown, Moeves are former NETS players. I saw another boy that used to play with the Pacers named Mays. He is a good shooter. Its basically an All Star team from NKY who should be playing Div 1 this year downstate. If they go D2 they could win State but I am sure Somerset will have something to say about that as they are the 2 time D2 defending champ.

 

Div 1 I think they can compete with Georgetown Thunder, Louisville Rising Stars, the other Louisville Team that won it last year, etc. Although I am getting reports that GTown Thunder have a 7th grader who is dunking in warmups. Wow :scared:

Thanks for the info!:thumb:

It was a rough weekend for the 7th grade Wolfpack. We decided to play up but there were only two 8th grade teams with us (Hornets and Tar Heels). The Tar Heels team has changed a lot since last year. McClendon is very strong along with Hatton. The only other ones I knew were Pulliam and Bleha who are Campbell County 8th graders.

 

The wolfpack are made up of players from a few teams from last year (as qryche mentioned).

Kings - McGovney & Uebel

Nets - Shelton, Brown, Malott, Kunkel

Pacers - Mays

Raiders - Pavy

 

The other player is Meiman whose dad Jim is the coach. It will be an exciting team this year expecially when they get some more practices under their belt.

  • Author
It was a rough weekend for the 7th grade Wolfpack. We decided to play up but there were only two 8th grade teams with us (Hornets and Tar Heels). The Tar Heels team has changed a lot since last year. McClendon is very strong along with Hatton. The only other ones I knew were Pulliam and Bleha who are Campbell County 8th graders.

 

The wolfpack are made up of players from a few teams from last year (as qryche mentioned).

Kings - McGovney & Uebel

Nets - Shelton, Brown, Malott, Kunkel

Pacers - Mays

Raiders - Pavy

 

The other player is Meiman whose dad Jim is the coach. It will be an exciting team this year expecially when they get some more practices under their belt.

 

 

Thanks for the update, sorry if I mentioned any wrong names. Has there been a coaching change?

Thanks for the update, sorry if I mentioned any wrong names. Has there been a coaching change?

 

Jim Meiman has been the coach all season with Jim Uebel as the assistant.

Campbell County 7th purple beat Turkeyfoot 51-39 last night. It was an ugly first half with foul trouble for McGovney. Regrouped well in second half. Game tonight against Holmes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.