Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Be Honest...How many wanted Brooks fired 2 years ago?

Featured Replies

There was a loud chorus chanting for his firing. I think all programs could learn a lesson. Consistancy is what build programs.

  • Replies 120
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am proud to say that I supported him. However, even I didn't see them playing at this level as a long time Cats football fan, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing this level of football from UK week to week since the late 1970's.

I wasn't happy and did not renew my tickets, but I also thought he needed more time.

I always publically support my coaches, but privately I was wondering if he could get it done.

I always publically support my coaches, but privately I was wondering if he could get it done.

 

I did the same thing. I was vocal with my family saying he needed to go, but in public I tried to defend him. He wasn't really providing much hope there for a while, but the ship seems righted now.

If everyone looked honestly at what the real situation was when he came out of retirement and took over the Cats, how could we have been expecting anymore than what we got the first few years. Now, with his players and the recruiting limitations and sanctions in his rear view mirror, he has proven that maybe he was the right choice for the job! Who else wanted the job? Congrats to Mitch for getting the right guy, even if it sure seemed like a hire out of left field at the time! :thumb:

You had to give him until at least last year to make the changes that need to be made, and he got it done. He continues to impress me.

Actually the entire 2nd season when Hudson was offensive coordinator I was ready to get rid of Brooks if he didn't get rid of him. Once Hudson left and Joker Phillips became the O-coordinator I have felt a lot better about the coaching staff in general.

I was one...

 

An honest soul! Just curious, ... what do you think now?

Not I. I always said we needed to wait to see what his teams could do at full strength.

I admit I was one of his biggest critics when we had 2 and 3 win seasons in his 2nd and 3rd year I was sure he was gone but I am glad the AD didn't fire him because we wouldn't be where we are right now if that had happened.

I admit I was one of his biggest critics when we had 2 and 3 win seasons in his 2nd and 3rd year I was sure he was gone but I am glad the AD didn't fire him because we wouldn't be where we are right now if that had happened.

 

I appreciate your honesty! :thumb: Sometimes, it feels good to be wrong! :D

I was one...

 

:thumb: :thumb:

 

Much props to you for stepping forward. You weren't alone.

I was never one who wanted Rich Brooks out as the Kentucky coach. He was dealt one of the worst hands in college football when he started out at UK. Probation with scholarship restrictions and a bare cupboard of talent. He had experience methodically building a lowly program at the time (Oregon) into a competitive team in the PAC-10. Rich had been a head coach on the pro level (St. Louis Rams) and the defensive coordinator on a Super Bowl team (Atlanta Falcons).

 

He was experienced and qualified to do just what he has done! My hats off to Rich Brooks and his staff.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.