Highlands vs. Cov. Cath. Predictions

Henry521

Who wins?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just returned back from my own little recon mission for tailgating this Sat in Park Hills. Looks like we should have a place to park. I would rather not say where it is because of the latest debacle at Cov-Cath a few weeks back. Not saying anybody would drop the hammer on us but you never know. It is Cov-Cath week!!!!! If anybody would like to join the party you can PM me.

Did you put a fake 'No Parking' sign up?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Returning kicks and punts is something every Highlands team I've ever seen is very good at.

I will definately agree with you on the returning punts part. We need some desperate help with that!! But as for the returning kicks, that is one of our very strong points. You never know when we are going to break one for a touchdown.

Just returned back from my own little recon mission for tailgating this Sat in Park Hills. Looks like we should have a place to park. I would rather not say where it is because of the latest debacle at Cov-Cath a few weeks back. Not saying anybody would drop the hammer on us but you never know. It is Cov-Cath week!!!!! If anybody would like to join the party you can PM me.

Dang Boom, I just wonder were you find time for all of this pregame event planning. I 'm just wondering where and when the post game celebration will be!......:thumb:

I agree that you can work on some things when you are up 35-0. You could also say that CCH has only kicked off 8 times in the first three game, so they should work on there regular kick off coverage. Not trying to be a softy, but an onside kick when you are up 35 is tasteless. BTW- The kick I am talking about was a traditional onside kick, not a pooch kick.

New coach, has some to learn about tradition. Just like since Dale came to Highlands, he has evolved. Coach Brossart is no Lynn Ray who is arguably one of the best coaches in KHSAA history-Can't believe I just said that. Maybe its because I come from a school of respect and played for Mr. Respect-The Duff. This coach, like all the others, will have to go through his growing pains. No fear Colonel fans-they will turn it around, just not this week.

I truly can still say I am worried because it IS COV CATH. Records go out the window. Perfect example..UK-UL last week. What a heartbreaker!! Did anyone really think that UK would handle Louisville like that? NO! As Lee Corso would say "Not so fast my friend!" I do think Highlands will win, but just don't look past our biggest rival of the year!!! If they can do nothing else, you know its in Cov Cath's mind to atleast ruin Highlands chance at a perfect season.:fight:

I'll add that while CovCath is struggling a lot this season, their new coach and inexperienced players are just looking for something to build upon and develop some momentum from... and that PERFECT something would be a win against Highlands this week. Look for the Colonels to go ALL OUT in this game, as it could very well be that their entire season/postseason hinges on it.

If CovCath comes out with the win this Saturday, then they've changed their whole situation (not to mention, Class 5A) in an instant, and I'm sure the CCH guys all know this.

If the predictions are right and Highlands wins by a bunch, it will be interesting to see how the young Colonels handle this... they still have to play Holmes in the district, you know.

Good point JB,

Its been so long since I can remember when Cov Cath was down and didn't win atleast one big game a year even in their "bad years" if there was such a thing, always managed to beat Dixie when they were good, or Highlands. Like when they (Cov Cath) beat us in '92, 42-21 in Reg season only to lose to us in playoffs on our way to the title. I am a believer and have even gotten myself in trouble on here due to my "strong feelings," this could be a whole new place for them when they lose this game.

This is CovCath week isn't it for the Bird's? It just doesn't seem like there's not much talk about this game. It seems like all HHS posters on here. Will the Colonel's student section be filled for this game? I went to the NC-CovCath game and it seem like there must have been something else going on because their student section was not filled. Are the blueboy's not following their team like they did last year?

the program that once was, isn't any longer.....their loss

:confused: :sssh:

Are you joking????? They were state champions...what 9 months ago? Top 3 in their class the last 3 years, and this program isn't what is used to be. I'd like to know what team you are a fan of.

Have you seen them play????????? It's the talk of Highschool Football. The Old Gray Mare ......

Don't misunderstand, this isn't going to be a cake walk, however; regardless of who I am a fan of, it will be over before it gets started. Highlands Team just needs to be ready, I am sure the Coaches will be and Dale being no exception, will have his game face on. This game has always been and will always be "who can out coach who".

With that being said, we'll communicate over the weekend. I really hope that the game is played tight, fair and the best team will win. :eek: